Skank jugg still needs another nerf

themasterofevil

Parsing on a dummy is nearly irrelevant in PvP. It's two totally different worlds. I have a dozen 40k hits on my skank tank, but my sustained dps cannot match a competent dps player over the course of a match. Big hits =\= dps.

I believe there was a whole thread dedicated in trying to explain this point to grim. :/ pve parses mean nothing in pvp; and yes grim we all get it, carnage was nerfed. We all moved on, you should too.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And my argument is you cant compare apples to oranges. So theres a one off giant hit. Grim plays a melee burst spec so I would think he should be seeing higher one off hits.

For whatever reason he obviously isn't and I have no reason to consider his integrity any lower than anyone else's.

Thus I am trying to problem solve and suggest there are variables that must be eliminated or controlled for somehow. It's a basic technique in most fields: hold all parameters except one constant, then change the independent variable of interest and see if the dependent variable responds and if so, how, why, and can it be predicted.

And my argument is you cant compare apples to oranges. So theres a one off giant hit. Grim plays a melee burst spec so I would think he should be seeing higher one off hits.

For whatever reason he obviously isn't and I have no reason to consider his integrity any lower than anyone else's.

Thus I am trying to problem solve and suggest there are variables that must be eliminated or controlled for somehow. It's a basic technique in most fields: hold all parameters except one constant, then change the independent variable of interest and see if the dependent variable responds and if so, how, why, and can it be predicted.

I can tell you why he doesn't see big hits. His understanding of the overall game is low and he's bad. The end.

I can tell you why he doesn't see big hits. His understanding of the overall game is low and he's bad. The end.

None of us know who any of the others are in game, and you and I are together on SS and you dont know who I am. I think jumping to conclusions based on forum presence is a tad wrong.

On my pipe dream level request:

I want to see a statistical analysis of combat logs from each spec broken down by sustained dps, biggest single hit, etc, averaged across at least 30 players of that spec and see the single biggest, smallest, average in each category and the standard deviation (a measure of variance) while eliminating as many gearing issues as possible (i.e. all full 248 optimum, for tanks high endurance and high crit/alac/power).

This is of course a pure pipe dream. Its next to impossible to gather such perfectly unbiased data. What bothers me is the 2 biggest hits I have seen mentioned are 40k from a tank (which I would have said didnt happen because I have never seen it) then 46k from a dps. Is this really the difference between a tank and a dps? Or are there other variables at play.

I tend to think there are other variables at play.

None of us know who any of the others are in game, and you and I are together on SS and you dont know who I am. I think jumping to conclusions based on forum presence is a tad wrong.

I've seen grim play.

I've seen grim play.

And I'm supposed to jump to conclusions because you say so why? I make no claims I'm amazing, and that I do put out there is evidenced by screenshots. I'm even less inclined to go off on how anyone else is, good or bad, on the forum.

Ps I have no idea who you are either

Awww, you and Septu no like me =[

Whatever shall I do. Woe is me.

I don't like or dislike you, I've just read enough of your forum posts to know conclusively that you lack a basic grasp of game mechanics, and suck at PvP. Nothing personal, you aren't alone.

I've seen grim play.

If you are on SS you haven't seen me play. But that's what screenies are for.

https://ibb.co/g814VT

https://ibb.co/kDOJqT

https://ibb.co/i5OCH8

https://ibb.co/fGPKx8

https://ibb.co/jNXuVT

https://ibb.co/eD76c8

https://ibb.co/dMexjo

https://ibb.co/eO9xjo

https://ibb.co/ma4mc8

https://ibb.co/ncZmc8

I don't mind you trying to insult me, that's what enemies do, but don't lie and be petty, because you couldn't have seen me play.

I may not be the best Marauder but I am not bad. Calling me bad without any basis on which to support that claim only makes what you say on any discussion topic dubious at best.

The proper response to this if you don't want to come out looking like the ****** that you are would be for you to put up some screenies of your performance and than let the pieces fall where they may. Same goes for your life partner Janglor.

If you don't win a fight fairly, you don't win at all. Back up claims, let people know where your basis is coming from. Give examples of why you feel on subject X the way you do, or disagree with subject Y the way you do.

I'm all for a good brawl, but fight fair.

I don't like or dislike you, I've just read enough of your forum posts to know conclusively that you lack a basic grasp of game mechanics, and suck at PvP. Nothing personal, you aren't alone.

Okay, that's fair enough, but could you do me one favor?

Could you share the evidence on upon which you came to that conclusion?

Regarding objectives, I am without question the worst PVPer that has ever walked the face of the earth.

But come on, don't say you don't dislike me, I don't mind that you do, but if you are not going to provide evidense that demonstraites/ proves your opinion, you can't say you don't dislike me. If there is no evidence than you couldn't have to come to that conclusion based solely on fact and if you have no evidence there can only be one reason to make the claims you do, it's personal. I'm fine with that. I love conflict.

As far as game mechanics go, I'm not sure in what regard you mean that. Do you mean like mechanics of a boss fight or how healers and tanks and such operate on a mechanical level? [As in not having first hand knowledge obtained by playing those roles]. If it is the later, yeah, I don't have a 1st person insight to those roles and I have always said that I am not basing my views on 1st hand experience.

I am without question, a one trick pony, 1st hand speaking. A lot of people play all the classes and specs and roles over the course of their time in the game, I am not one of those people.

Quite honestly, there is only one standard by which I measure my performance and that is on the numbers. If you wish to say I am bad at Marauder, or DPS, that you should at least include some examples upon which you make your judgement call upon. I really don't think that's unreasonable. - If you don't, than that is an admission that it is personal because you have no other basis upon which you could have based your conclusion on.

I'd be interested to see how much better you are than me number wise. - - - Man Up.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Am I missing something in those screenshots? A lot of mediocre regs matches where the 2nd place dps nearly matches you? Show me an 8/10mil or 6.5k+ dps match? Screenshot game weak brah.

So what you are saying now is, that if anyone comes close to the damage you have done that means the damage is bad?

Umm, I have screeneies some of which are in what I posted of me coming in first by a million.

Show your screenies now.

The whole "reg" argument is old. Ranked are the same exact arenas that pop in regs. Ranked is not hard. It sure as hell isn't anywhere near the hardest. If your basis is Ranked is the only standard by which you can measure someone's skill than you are saying cheating is skill.

The screenies that I provided were intended to say I am better than anyone else, and I said that, but you can't say those show that I am bad.

Please spare me the Ranked cheatfest, win trade bs crap where people have their friends quece up so they can 'fight' each other for the sole purpose of fluffing their numbers. If Ranked is all you have to show to counter me, I consider that the reason why you are asking for 8/10 mill 6.5k.

You may very well be a better PVPer than me, I tend to think most people are, but don't call someone bad because they aren't just as good as you, that's a rediculous stance to take.

Ohh yeah, one more thing, if '6.5k' DPS wasn't obtained by parsing while in the match, that's not your DPS. If you say that the DPS you see when you hover total damage is what you are using to state the DPS you did you will lose the argument.

That's not your DPS.

If you say that that is the DPS and total damage you are doing in a Ranked match, please stop thinking everyone else but you are dumb. That's all fluff from cheating so people can look like they are a lot better than they actually are.

Take video of your match so we can see what's going on and how you are doing your numbers. Ranked is the single worst standard by which to establish skill levels of players. Keep on cheating and win-trading, quece syncing, and account buying and thinking you're fooling anyone.

I'd like to see your screenies now that aren't from ranked cheat-festing.

Show me your bigger hits with Carnage. It's impossible not to see the damage you are doing per attack, there's a little thing called floating combat text that shows the hits, perhaps you have heard of it.

If someone's doing bigger hits with Carnage, I would be genuinely interested in seeing what higher numbers other people playing Carnage are doing.

I believe there was a whole thread dedicated in trying to explain this point to grim. :/ pve parses mean nothing in pvp; and yes grim we all get it, carnage was nerfed. We all moved on, you should too.

Naa, I'll stick with Carnage. I don't jump ship when a bigger prettier ship comes a long. That's what Mercs, Snipers, and Fury Marauders are for.

And my point about the parsing was so as to see the damage value of individual hits because your damage output is no different anywhere. If you think that the damage you do on a dummy is any different than the damage you do playing any content in the game that would be a serious lapse of good judgement to admit to.

We are talking about how high a single attack can get and the numbers you get on a dummy are the same numbers you can get in PVP or PVE. There is no difference so it's a fine way to ascertain individual attack damage. That was my only point about Parsing in this string. I know there were others this came up in but this was not the same reasoning as those were. It was only about individual hits, not over all performance or DPS.

P.S.You know there is a PVP dummy as well, different from the PVE dummy, and it's on your ship, right?

I wonder what that's for.....

If you think that the damage you do on a dummy is any different than the damage you do playing any content in the game that would be a serious lapse of good judgement to admit to.

1 whole thread, many forum posts, countless people telling you the opposite.... and you are still sprouting rediculous **** like this.

You attack into a jugg with saber ward on a carnage mara and tell me if you will pull the same parse as the pve dummy.

Naa, I'll stick with Carnage. I don't jump ship when a bigger prettier ship comes a long. That's what Mercs, Snipers, and Fury Marauders are for.

And my point about the parsing was so as to see the damage value of individual hits because your damage output is no different anywhere. If you think that the damage you do on a dummy is any different than the damage you do playing any content in the game that would be a serious lapse of good judgement to admit to.

We are talking about how high a single attack can get and the numbers you get on a dummy are the same numbers you can get in PVP or PVE. There is no difference so it's a fine way to ascertain individual attack damage. That was my only point about Parsing in this string. I know there were others this came up in but this was not the same reasoning as those were. It was only about individual hits, not over all performance or DPS.

P.S.You know there is a PVP dummy as well, different from the PVE dummy, and it's on your ship, right?

I wonder what that's for.....

No one here is telling you not to play carnage. It’s still extremely strong in pvp, a friend of mine got 2k in solo ranked playing purly carnage. You need to get out of this mentality that pve parses mean crap in pvp. Carnage is good because it has some of the best and quickest burst in the game. You can take out 60k+ hp in 3 hits while also having powerful mitigation dcds on your back. Just because it doesn’t have broken fury cc immunity does it mean the class is somehow preforming bad, it’s still one of the best pvp burst classes in the game.

Edited by kissingaiur

So what you are saying now is, that if anyone comes close to the damage you have done that means the damage is bad?

Umm, I have screeneies some of which are in what I posted of me coming in first by a million.

Show your screenies now.

The whole "reg" argument is old. Ranked are the same exact arenas that pop in regs. Ranked is not hard. It sure as hell isn't anywhere near the hardest. If your basis is Ranked is the only standard by which you can measure someone's skill than you are saying cheating is skill.

The screenies that I provided were intended to say I am better than anyone else, and I said that, but you can't say those show that I am bad.

Please spare me the Ranked cheatfest, win trade bs crap where people have their friends quece up so they can 'fight' each other for the sole purpose of fluffing their numbers. If Ranked is all you have to show to counter me, I consider that the reason why you are asking for 8/10 mill 6.5k.

You may very well be a better PVPer than me, I tend to think most people are, but don't call someone bad because they aren't just as good as you, that's a rediculous stance to take.

Ohh yeah, one more thing, if '6.5k' DPS wasn't obtained by parsing while in the match, that's not your DPS. If you say that the DPS you see when you hover total damage is what you are using to state the DPS you did you will lose the argument.

That's not your DPS.

If you say that that is the DPS and total damage you are doing in a Ranked match, please stop thinking everyone else but you are dumb. That's all fluff from cheating so people can look like they are a lot better than they actually are.

Take video of your match so we can see what's going on and how you are doing your numbers. Ranked is the single worst standard by which to establish skill levels of players. Keep on cheating and win-trading, quece syncing, and account buying and thinking you're fooling anyone.

I'd like to see your screenies now that aren't from ranked cheat-festing.

The DPS score at the end of the match is your DPS for the entire match, they calculate the time from the match began until the end and divide it over your total damage.

I've had matches where I guarded for the last 3 minutes of the game after dying, and still had 3k dps after engaging a stealth player off and on throughout that time period. If the combat state reset that would be impossible. Its things you say like that, basic mechanics of the game that you dont understand, that prove you're a *******.

The last time I played, which was I believe Sunday, I only took one screenshot. Here it is just per your request.

Basically, you dont get big crits or enjoy ranked because you have a giant need to "Git Gud" followed by a terminal diagnosis of Mad Cuz Bad.

https://imgur.com/JQ8fsaH

^ I am assuming that’s DD spec ? Just to clarify before people start crying for tank nerfs :)

One won’t hit as hard on Carnage. For that better are Ap, Mm or Rage Jugg. As mentioned before one can do lot more damage tho in the space of say 3 gcd.

Not sure if you could get more then 35k but hits are dependent on few things like procs ready, autocrit,

any possible buffs, Target without defensives up. See many ppl mash buttons and drop autocrits into dcds.

Edited by MackPol

1 whole thread, many forum posts, countless people telling you the opposite.... and you are still sprouting rediculous **** like this.

You attack into a jugg with saber ward on a carnage mara and tell me if you will pull the same parse as the pve dummy.

Of course not, you can't measure attacks values based on when a DCD is up, that's assanine. What I said was you can do the same damage anywhere you are playing. What the hell do you think DR does?

Point was, if we want to see how high an attack damage can't get you can do that on a dummy, the dummy is just for informational purposes.

I also if you go on parsley you can examine parses from live action fights as well.

We were talking about 40k hits and at a certain point Kendra asked me how high I can get with Carnage and I shared that info. It's an assanine point to make that things arent the same on a dummy as a live fight. Duh, that's a given and i said that already so it isnt like I didnt point that out myself.

If you can do 40k in a WZ you can do 40K on a dummy. Damage is damage. Should we test how deadly a bullet can be when someone is wearing a bullet proof vest? Of course not, that mitigates its velocity, slows it down, ties up, swirls into the mesh of the under layer and prevents it from getting through.

You are twisting my words nothing more.

If you think there is any place in this game, where your damage potentials aren't the same with RNG factors non withstanding, you're not a smart person.

What's next testing durability on a peice of gear that is already broken?

The DCD is not a factor in determining the highest damage values an attack could do. It mitigates some of that damage, but the damage value of the attack itself is not represented by the amount of damage actually taken.

Now, heres why I brought up the parse factor. If you had a parsing program running and you did your attack and the enemy had saberward up that mitigated some of that damage you could still find out what the attack damage was before said damage was mitigated.

So, 40k hit lands on someone with a DCD up, that 40k is than mitigated to 33K in terms of the damage the person actually takes. If you than look in the parse log you would see the following

Attacks so and so with Attack X, attack rolls made, damage 40k, Saberward mitigates 40k damage, the mitigated value is 7K, So and SO takes 33K damage.

Thats what parses allow you to do, examine every single thing you do and your enemy does to you. If you Force choked me in a WZ that I had a parsing program up during, and I than later checked the combat log, not only would it tell me what I did, it will also tell me what you did. I would see your force choke listed in my combat log.

DPS was not the point being made, it was about the attack damage value of one single attack as opposed to another single attack.

By all means, don't believe that for the fact that it is. I know every single thing your character does that effects me in any way. I know what DCDs you used, I know your attack rolls,I know ever effect you used on me and what it did in detail.

You might think that that sort of information is useless, anybody with half a brain could see how that could be beneficial.

Feel free to live in ignorance of everything a parsing program does. If you don't know that parsing programs are not only measuring damage but every single thing that takes place in a fight to the smallest detail, you do not know everything about this game. You are wrong, period. I could prove it with the 100% certainty it is.

Would you like me to prove that a parsing program will tell me everything you did when we fought? Id be happy to.

If you ask me too, and I do not prove it to be the case, I will formally state I am the worst everything ever in a whole new thread that I will create and will title "I suck terribly, Septu and co are Gods.

Call my bluff. Nothing would make me happier than to show you how wrong you are in front of everyone.

You won't call my bluff, I know that. I know you will never say "prove it" because you do know that you are clueless to the values and functions of a parsing program, something no decent player in any MMO like this would be unaware of.

Keep talking out of your *** instead of manning. If you do not ask me to prove it, I win the argument. Stop thinking, stop talking start proving things. Call me on anything I ever say and as me for evidence, because I will not say anything I cannot prove.

I wont be holding holding my breath.

The DPS score at the end of the match is your DPS for the entire match, they calculate the time from the match began until the end and divide it over your total damage.

I've had matches where I guarded for the last 3 minutes of the game after dying, and still had 3k dps after engaging a stealth player off and on throughout that time period. If the combat state reset that would be impossible. Its things you say like that, basic mechanics of the game that you dont understand, that prove you're a *******.

The last time I played, which was I believe Sunday, I only took one screenshot. Here it is just per your request.

Basically, you dont get big crits or enjoy ranked because you have a giant need to "Git Gud" followed by a terminal diagnosis of Mad Cuz Bad.

https://imgur.com/JQ8fsaH

Do this, do another WZ and use a parsing program at the same time. Save the screenie of the DPS value listed there and compare it to the DPS value listed in the parse, they will not be the same. Prove me wrong. it will literally take you 5 minutes total to prove how wrong I am in front of everyone.

That's because the parsing program is measuring your damage output, whereas the game is logging the damage received from you by other players. So for instance say I land a 31k crit on a guy who only has 15k health left, that 15k was damage I output but he died before 15k of it could be applied. That sort of discrepancy accounts for the difference. You're waaayyy too hung up on parsing man, it's literally worthless for PvP.