probably a stupid question...

Papakwesi

... But how can I activate/enable pommel Strike? Enemies need to be immobilized but how can I do that as a marauder?

Papa K.

You dont, remove it form your hotbar! only usable in pve, asfaik you can only activate this solo, if you have "Displacement" (tier 4 carnage talent) wich immoblizes your enemy after deadly throw. same goes for savage kick, tho savage kick can be used in pve after a crippling slash. (also an ability i removed from my hotbar). ifind these useless tbh.

You dont, remove it form your hotbar! only usable in pve, asfaik you can only activate this solo, if you have "Displacement" (tier 4 carnage talent) wich immoblizes your enemy after deadly throw. same goes for savage kick, tho savage kick can be used in pve after a crippling slash. (also an ability i removed from my hotbar). ifind these useless tbh.

Hmm, I will give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. Bare in mind the OP didn't mention any PVP vs PVE preference.

So a simple "Use smash to stun the opponents and then use pommel strike" would have sufficed.

Still, it is rather frustrating this is a non-pvp ability. It's flipping cool and hits like a truck!

this guy is why people claim marauders are broken.

Pummel strike can be activated after force scream or after smash, you also get companions that will allow the ability to be used.

There is no useless ability given to marauders EVERYTHING has a use, just not everything can always be used. People remove skills from their bars and use an incomplete class then QQ about it being underpowered when they are simply a terrible player.

Hmm, I will give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. Bare in mind the OP didn't mention any PVP vs PVE preference.

So a simple "Use smash to stun the opponents and then use pommel strike" would have sufficed.

Still, it is rather frustrating this is a non-pvp ability. It's flipping cool and hits like a truck!

sorry, i stand corrected, smash does immobilize normal mobs, but rarly strong/elites/bosses/player where this tool would be awesome; for packs this is a great ability to quickly kill them; tho your better off with smash and vette aoe or jaesas aoe aswell for these "normal" mobs packs.

Pummel strike can be activated after force scream or after smash, you also get companions that will allow the ability to be used.

There is no useless ability given to marauders EVERYTHING has a use, just not everything can always be used. People remove skills from their bars and use an incomplete class then QQ about it being underpowered when they are simply a terrible player.

Dont get me wrong mate, im only sharing my own opinion; by all means use this tool, it has its purpous, but just not for me. And i totally agree with you about all the QQ on the forums about maras beeing broken and that we should use all our abilitys, i dont think we are, i love this class and i have from day one, and ill defend it any day aswell. Just saying that these tools have limited use and that he might be better off trying other abilitys getting his buiseness done.

why waste pommel rage on lesser mobs stuned with smash or scream? Seriously...

Theres no way to use it solo in pvp or on elite mobs. And imho its waste on lesser mobs.

You can use it before You get sweeping slash.

Later on You get Savage kick. Its something like pommel but it work on slowed targets. So we can call it pvp version of pommel strike ;D

Wait, doesn't force screem incapacitate only normal enemies and doesn't it do so much damage when it hits a normal enemy that he has barely any HP left in which a skill with a long CD is just not worth it when you can just as well use assault?

I found the best use of pommel strike to be on droids once you get past around level 45.

Group of mobs with a strong droid - happens a lot on corellia , use the droid cc we have as an opener, take out the rest of the mobs, you can use pommel strike as the opener on the cc's droid, follow with ravage and (in my case) annihilate, droid dead.

1) Pommel strike is great.

2) It does have a very limited use, but doesn't negate ever using it. Those who say to ignore it are foolish. That very limited use is basically quickly dispatching normal to weak enemies.

3) It works off of other people's (and companion's) stuns and incapacitates. So if you are questing with a sorc or anyone else that has a stun, use your pommel strike. Use it after you use slam. Use it on a crowd controlled droid. I've been able to clip ravage and force choke (because those things incapacitate weaker enemies) to use it, but that's not ideal use of it since it wastes damage from those other abilities.

4) Pommel Strike and Kick are only PVE.

And that is where the problem lies. When you have so many abilities that they wont all fit on the hotbars provided then there is a problem.

When there are too many abilities, people whine about too many abilities

When there are too few abilities, people whine about too few abilities and a boring class.

Both pommel and the kick are indeed for limited situations, but to me have been quite useful to two shot normal trash in tough packs (or to open on stunned droids) and I have actually enjoyed having more options than my standard rotation every now and then. Though I might say if I didn't have a Razer mouse for those extra keybinds I'd probably be whining as well :p

For what we should actually whine (a bit) is not having one proper immobilizing cc except for the droid one.

Edited by Docetic