Vicious throw

jellOfish

Umm this ability, while it sounds good is absolutely horrible. It doesn't do anywhere near enough damage. The animation is so poor that by the time it finally fires the person I'm throwing it at has healed himself 20% more. These melee abilities need a serious overhaul to be competitive with the ranged classes outhealing and outdamaging everyone elese.

Umm this ability, while it sounds good is absolutely horrible. It doesn't do anywhere near enough damage. The animation is so poor that by the time it finally fires the person I'm throwing it at has healed himself 20% more. These melee abilities need a serious overhaul to be competitive with the ranged classes outhealing and outdamaging everyone elese.

I think the damage is quite decent but I agree with you on the part that the execution of the skill is not good. Until it fires and if there is a little delay the person has often healed himself. If it was 20m range (25m with the set) this ability would be absolutely cool to finish off people in the distance.

It used to have a range of 30m in close beta. They decided to hit the nerf stick hard on the Marauders when coming to open beta. 10m Throw Saber(The trade mark of all of the jedi's in any SWTOR Trailer). Medium armor- More importantly NO HOOD!

My only problem with the skill is that throwing the lightsaber your character stands still. I find it very very annoying. I wish they could just give it the mobility to use the skill while moving making it great for catching up to running targets.

It used to have a range of 30m in close beta. They decided to hit the nerf stick hard on the Marauders when coming to open beta. 10m Throw Saber(The trade mark of all of the jedi's in any SWTOR Trailer). Medium armor- More importantly NO HOOD!

My only problem with the skill is that throwing the lightsaber your character stands still. I find it very very annoying. I wish they could just give it the mobility to use the skill while moving making it great for catching up to running targets.

30m? really? That would be awesome. I hope they put it back some day :) Why did they actually nerf it? Was the marauder too OP? lol.

Oh and BTW I has a hood. The champion chest has one if you hide your headslot in the preferences and I actually like how the armor looks

Edited by jellOfish

Oh and BTW I has a hood. The champion chest has one if you hide your headslot in the preferences and I actually like how the armor looks

I'm sorry but I want to look like this Beast with a capital B over here:

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/groups/1/5/4680/thumb_620x2000/SithWarrior-TORHope.jpg

*edit profanity filter*

**edit again profanity filter on the forums is pro, cant bypass with @ $ $*

Edited by ChaeTakbae

Mine crits for 5k, not really sure what you're talking about.

Maybe with the WZ dmg buff, adrenal and expertise stim.

Vicious throw is an excellent move and I think 10m suits it fine. Also, when you get your pvp gear bonuses it increases the range to 15m.

Nah, I get 4k+ crits with my ****** darkside 4 relic Surge/Crit. When I use my Power Adrenal/Power champ relic/pvp buff I break 6k like its nothing lol.

I get consistant 3k crits with zero buff stacking. If I did, it would be pointless to go any higher, as 20% of 20k hp is 4k, so why even bother? 20k hp is a WELL geared tank, or battlemaster equipped player.

In PvE, well, your adrenals, short term buff stacking, 20% is where you start that phase (I generally get to blow all my 5 min cd's twice in these fights, once at the start, an the rest at 20%-0%)

Then it's not the skill that is good but short term buff stacking.

Except it's the skill that's good because of how high its damage per rage point spent is. Annihilate is the ONLY ability a Marauder has that compared in terms of damage, and it costs 5 rage. If you don't understand that a 3 rage ability that tool tips for 2k+ (mines 2200 top end atm) is good, then you should just go roll a BH and spam Tracer. You don't blow your CDs and spam assault, you blow your CDs and hit your highest possible burst.

Except it's the skill that's good because of how high its damage per rage point spent is. Annihilate is the ONLY ability a Marauder has that compared in terms of damage, and it costs 5 rage. If you don't understand that a 3 rage ability that tool tips for 2k+ (mines 2200 top end atm) is good, then you should just go roll a BH and spam Tracer. You don't blow your CDs and spam assault, you blow your CDs and hit your highest possible burst.

Except that annihilation marauders have the extra rage to spend as they build it fricking fast. This skill would be better if it had longer range. 10m is seriously not enough.

Edited by jellOfish

Yeah, damage per rage is an inconsistent method of judging ability efficiency when comparing across different specs.

Carnage's auto-crit force scream costs 2 rage. You can't compare that to Anni's Annihilate because rage is built and spent differently for the different specs.

Besides, Annihilation truly costs 4 Rage when specced properly.

Edited by xO_om

Huh? I use it while moving all the time. It is an instant cast. It has no channel or cast time but is immediately cast when you hit the button so there's no reason you can't do it while moving.

It's much better if it also snares. It prevents sprinters from disengaging, lets you close the gap when you're too close for a leap or your leap is on cooldown, and stops people from taking medpacks. For me damage is the secondary effect. I use it for the snare.

The only issue with this skill is the delay before damage is fired.

Besides, Annihilation truly costs 4 Rage when specced properly.

Vicious throw only costs 2 rage with said spec.

It's much better if it also snares. It prevents sprinters from disengaging, lets you close the gap when you're too close for a leap or your leap is on cooldown, and stops people from taking medpacks. For me damage is the secondary effect. I use it for the snare.

You're thinking of Deadly throw.

Edited by Sayc