Friends of STAR WARS: The Old Republic

CourtneyWoods

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that we have extended the amount of friends a player can invite in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Friends Trial! Players who have an active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription will now be able to invite up to twenty five of their friends into a 7-day free trial to explore the Star Wars™ galaxy.

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial is an opportunity for players to invite up to twenty five (25) of their friends to take part in a 7-day trial of the game. During this trial period, invited players can explore each of the four Origin Worlds, and experience the opening adventures for each class as they start along their epic journey.

Read More

Edited by CourtneyWoods

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It states in the written text part of the article:

"The individual then has 30 days to begin their trial from the time they receive their email."

And yet in the "legal text" it states:

"TRIAL OFFER EXPIRES 14-DAYS FROM THE DATE SENT TO INTENDED RECIPIENT".

So ....

which is it?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Urael

I was just wondering if there is any incentive for subscribed members to try to get 3 friends to trial SWTOR? As they will be bringing potential paying customers to the game, it might be nice to get something in-game for spreading the word :D

Maybe this incentive would only be avialable to subscribers that fill up their 3 trial slots, or only to subscribers that have one of their chosen friends subscribe after their trial.

Was just a thought :)

More than likely it'll be "referrer receives X when referee subscribes and pays for 1 month"

What usually happens.

Yeah. I would of thought they would advertise the fact though, if they were going to do that anyway.

Now if only it didn't require you to be online for them to add you.

If your friends aren't going to be online when you are, then it probably doesn't matter since you won't be playing with them anyway unless you're both online.

Great news, it'll be easier to convince my friends since its free :p.

Lets hope the game is good enough to hook them up ;).

And well done, you made me keep my sub for one more month.

Edited by Hakkology

It states in the written text part of the article:

"The individual then has 30 days to begin their trial from the time they receive their email."

And yet in the "legal text" it states:

"TRIAL OFFER EXPIRES 14-DAYS FROM THE DATE SENT TO INTENDED RECIPIENT".

So ....

which is it?

:rolleyes:

14 days to read their email and make their account.

(The game download is only available from "My Account!")

So they give you 30 days to download it and get started. Or something like that. I assume!

14 days to read their email and make their account.

(The game download is only available from "My Account!")

So they give you 30 days to download it and get started. Or something like that. I assume!

They changed it. It now says "14 days" in both places.

Aside from having RL friends in game (none of whom are terribly interested, and the ones taht are are already playing it), there needs to be an incentive for people with active subs to recruit more people. Give them an in game item, some free time, anything. I"d try harder than I have to recruit friends, but with this, I'd just as soon show them the game, then tell them to go buy it. But you give me a reward for getting them in game, well thats a different story.

This is awesome, will make a lan with friends and persuade them to join me by playing the trial. ^^

But I do feel you should let people play to at least 14-16 or something, so they can experience a flashpoint (party instance) and maybe some half-decent warzoning, before they aren't allowed to play any longer.

Srsly if you let ppl try black talon/esseless before ending the trial, they will be hooked.

I was hooked on the game after running the first Flashpoint. I think it would be prudent to let trial players get that far as well. To be blunt, the opening quests are the same boring slog that you get with every other MMO.

It's probably to keep credit sellers off the fleet.