GG hosted Server PVP tournament 12/8

Laynalan

Good for you GG for hosting an event where the out come was probably decided before it started. Shhhh. A new way to farm credits from the sorry sheeple who actually paid to partake in this event, maybe? But hey I am with you GG. It's their own fault for giving up 150k creds at a chance to beat GG in pvp. So my hats off to your guild and your :rolleyes:skilled players for putting on this spectacle for the sycophanatics who kiss your behind while you beat their behind into submission for us to witness. Winning! :D

Wait how about this, GG challanges everyone on this server to a pvp re-match where every competitor is in recruit pvp gear. Anyone can buy it, no one will have an advantage, and the test who is the best will based on skill, not gear. And btw, no stims or modified customizations allowed, just straight up recruit pvp gear.

Who wants to see this happen? :cool:

Ha! I kid I kid. Congratz GG for the awesome pvp tournament. :p

I proposed this, and it has been met with extreme opposition. The Leet of our server arnt interested. Pax has done a series of these internally and with great success. Most people REALLY like it. Howwever, the min/maxers and people who are way better at math than I am will tel you that some classes have a slight advatage. It would seem that all recruit gear is not created equal.

Although I can tell you from experience, The diff is negligable. For all intents and purpose Recruit gear levles the playing field and enables the involvement of players that would otherwise never be able to pariticipate in events such as these.

I propose starting 2 divsions of PVP rankings on our server.

A Pro no limits Tournament like this one and its predecessor.

A Handicap Tournament in full Recuit gear.

I am certain that some will refuse to particpate in such an event on the grounds it is a waste of time. That is entirley your perogative. However, I do believe for the health of PVP on our server, a tournament such as this could be beneficial.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I proposed this, and it has been met with extreme opposition. The Leet of our server arnt interested. Pax has done a series of these internally and with great success. Most people REALLY like it. Howwever, the min/maxers and people who are way better at math than I am will tel you that some classes have a slight advatage. It would seem that all recruit gear is not created equal.

Although I can tell you from experience, The diff is negligable. For all intents and purpose Recruit gear levles the playing field and enables the involvement of players that would otherwise never be able to pariticipate in events such as these.

I propose starting 2 divsions of PVP rankings on our server.

A Pro no limits Tournament like this one and its predecessor.

A Handicap Tournament in full Recuit gear.

I am certain that some will refuse to particpate in such an event on the grounds it is a waste of time. That is entirley your perogative. However, I do believe for the health of PVP on our server, a tournament such as this could be beneficial.

People don't wanna do it in recruit because some classes are itemized better than others, although we can agree all of them are poorly itemized. Also min maxing normal wh stuff to best suite your class/spec is also a sort of skill and part of what drives an mmo (custom stats). If people want skill no gear based pvp there are plenty of options out there Global Agenda being one of my favorites, SWTOR is not that and doesn't try to be.

People don't wanna do it in recruit because some classes are itemized better than others, although we can agree all of them are poorly itemized. Also min maxing normal wh stuff to best suite your class/spec is also a sort of skill and part of what drives an mmo (custom stats). If people want skill no gear based pvp there are plenty of options out there Global Agenda being one of my favorites, SWTOR is not that and doesn't try to be.

Yup. And the other thing is set bonuses. Some classes/specs need their set bonus to catch up at the 50 tier, and others don't. Limiting to recruit gear only solves some problems. For the more laid back PvPers, it's great. For the little more intense, not so much. :s

I would happily participate in a Recruit tournament, if someone will pay the 320k for those of us who did not have Recruit gear on that character in the first place :D

In my opinion, the issue is not so big any more considering how cheap War Hero gear is since the 1.6 patch.

However playing without set bonuses is almost crippling to some classes, while others have nearly no need of them. Having 12 and 21 second cooldowns on Healing Scan and Emergency Scan makes heat management even more difficult for the only tiered-resource class/spec in the game that has no method of passively recovering their resource.

Thats exactly what Im talking about>

Yes Min/max is a skill in and of itself.

Yes some classes get the crap end with no set bonus and are horribly optimized.

However,

I see this type of tournament as an opporutnity to get the noobs to PVP interested in something other than just ques. Most of the people in Pax are PVErs and distest PVP. With this format I have been able to encourage PVP participation and tear down some of the negative stigma attached to it.

So no, this is not for the leet. Most of you would do pretty well regardless of gear anyway, but like dashto said.

I would happily participate in a Recruit tournament, if someone will pay the 320k for those of us who did not have Recruit gear on that character in the first place :D

QUOTE]

• 2 weeks later...

People don't want to play recruit because they are afraid they are going to get owned by more skilled players. That's the incentive to gear up. Stay ahead of the curve. So in your opinion which class is not itemized well in recruit gear? Keep in mind I played them all.:)

The point in my comment, I would like to know, on even field, who is actually the best pvper? :) And on a level playing field will Game Genie still be able to own players as easily as they can in their "itemized gear"?

That is the question !;)

Yup. And the other thing is set bonuses. Some classes/specs need their set bonus to catch up at the 50 tier, and others don't. Limiting to recruit gear only solves some problems. For the more laid back PvPers, it's great. For the little more intense, not so much. :s
Actually you are comflating to different skills, crafting or gear itemization, and pvping. One is focused on optimizing numbers on paper, the other is applying your abilities in the arena. If everyone is in recruit, you adjust to the difference don't make excuses for it. Some of us, know that's bc. Itemized gear is for p*****s who require an edge to play their class well. Edited by Targarion

In my opinion, the issue is not so big any more considering how cheap War Hero gear is since the 1.6 patch.

However playing without set bonuses is almost crippling to some classes, while others have nearly no need of them. Having 12 and 21 second cooldowns on Healing Scan and Emergency Scan makes heat management even more difficult for the only tiered-resource class/spec in the game that has no method of passively recovering their resource.

Commonados regenerate exponentially which is the same for Bounty Hunters. The more heat released the quicker it is released. How is that not a passive regeneration?

@Targarion

You have no idea what you're talking about. I know specific players that are part of GG such as Bay, Dizeren, and Jevy, who were on their Imperial alts in non-itemized gear and rolled people while being undergeared, that is fact. Skill-wise they are really good. Not everyone is GG is good but many, if majority of their members are. They are a PVP centric guild who rolls in pre-mades, has very tight coordination, and performs very well. Hats off to them for their PVP prowess.

Yes, gearing and itemized optimization is important for specific specs, and for top performance you do need specific itemization.

Lastly, IT'S A VIDEO GAME! Guys, come on. All the haterade, whether it is at GG or myself or whoever else, it's childish and rubbish. SWTOR is a video game and if you're taking it seriously then you're an idiot.

The point of having a recruit gear tourney is for variety. Skill will still prevail, but it's something different. Such as a 4-man EV run, or when Pax does a Winning Wednesday Nudity Run.

Whoever is interested in a bit of variety, please let people know, we'll organize it. Whoever shows up, shows up. It'll be run well, organized, and most of all FUN!

It's not about who'se the baddest there are plenty of sick *** players on this server who are not in GG. This is about having fun and providing people who don't spend as much time ravaging WZs an opporunity at an albeit slightly level playing field.

Edited by AsiriusNazriel

If everyone is in recruit, you adjust to the difference don't make excuses for it. Some of us, know that's bc. Itemized gear is for p*****s who require an edge to play their class well.

Dizeren was on the winning GG team for the 3v3 tournament and he's not even min-maxed. I think he has some green and blue augments and some really outdated armorings when I last inspected his gear :cool:

Dizeren was on the winning GG team for the 3v3 tournament and he's not even min-maxed. I think he has some green and blue augments and some really outdated armorings when I last inspected his gear :cool:

Dizeren is lazy and had four blue augments, a BM relic and two 51 armorings which are put in my wrist and belt, I also had quit for a month before the tournament and that was my first pvp experience since coming back, didnt even do a warzone before to warm up. Dizeren was no where near min-maxed and never has been for I am too lazy to do it, but it has never stopped me from doing my job and outplaying a decent amount of people. Gear will only get you so far. I have a Imperial assassin named J'elly who has always been undergeared and that doesnt hinder my ability to CC-cap or put up guard numbers higher then most. Gear doesnt play your character for you.

I have watched some crazy people in recruit gear mess up some better geared people in ways I really didn't expect them to.

It's amazing how little gear matters when one character can't get more than three moves off because their target is jumping around so much and using stealth and cc's appropriately. It's incredibly educational.

There are some players who will literally and figuratively fight circles around other players.

Dizeren is lazy and had four blue augments, a BM relic and two 51 armorings which are put in my wrist and belt, I also had quit for a month before the tournament and that was my first pvp experience since coming back, didnt even do a warzone before to warm up. Dizeren was no where near min-maxed and never has been for I am too lazy to do it, but it has never stopped me from doing my job and outplaying a decent amount of people. Gear will only get you so far. I have a Imperial assassin named J'elly who has always been undergeared and that doesnt hinder my ability to CC-cap or put up guard numbers higher then most. Gear doesnt play your character for you.

This.

Last night I was running with a couple of other Pax players who don't PVP and it was hilarious hearing my GM buddy announce that some ridiculous Shadow had stealth capped our natural on CW, killing 2 peeps and stunning a 3rd. Couldn't figure out how bad our team was until I learned that Dizeren was on the other side, so I proceeded to stealth cap mid on my Marauder lol.

But yeah, that was alot of fun, laughed so hard in TS about how bad our players can be.

This.

Last night I was running with a couple of other Pax players who don't PVP and it was hilarious hearing my GM buddy announce that some ridiculous Shadow had stealth capped our natural on CW, killing 2 peeps and stunning a 3rd. Couldn't figure out how bad our team was until I learned that Dizeren was on the other side, so I proceeded to stealth cap mid on my Marauder lol.

But yeah, that was alot of fun, laughed so hard in TS about how bad our players can be.

This has never been about winning or being the most leet for me. Getting our Carebear GM out of a raid to PVP with us is a win enough for me. We were also joined by a few others that exclusivley Raid, and had nothing but recruit gear on.

Thats why a recruit gear touney will be on the forfront of my planning agenda in the new year. It really isnt for the dudes who routinley make the shout out board, or are top contenders in the last few tourneys. Of course if you want to get yourself Recuit gear all will be welcome. However, I really want to see more PVP involvement from the Carebears of Ebon Hawk.

This has never been about winning or being the most leet for me. Getting our Carebear GM out of a raid to PVP with us is a win enough for me. We were also joined by a few others that exclusivley Raid, and had nothing but recruit gear on.

Thats why a recruit gear touney will be on the forfront of my planning agenda in the new year. It really isnt for the dudes who routinley make the shout out board, or are top contenders in the last few tourneys. Of course if you want to get yourself Recuit gear all will be welcome. However, I really want to see more PVP involvement from the Carebears of Ebon Hawk.

+1

Lets make it happen