Patch 2.4 - buff to Bounty Hunters

Hell_Kaiser_Fett

I'm sure some of you have seen the 2.4 patch notes, but for those of you who haven't take a look.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/2.4.0/dread-war

My main interests, and the point to this post, are for the part specifically for the Bounty Hunter class.

"Bounty Hunter

General

Reduced the cost of Flame Thrower to 24 heat (down from 25) and slightly reduced the damage dealt.

Kolto Overload now triggers at 35% health and may heal up to 35% of max health (both up from 30%).

Rail Shot now deals slightly more damage.

Mercenary

General

Mercenaries now receive the proper dual-wielding damage bonus for Rail Shot.

Pyrotech

Increased Thermal Detonator explosion damage, but reduced the damage it deals over time.

Reduced the cost of Incendiary Missile to 16 heat (down from 22) and slightly reduced the damage it deals.

Degauss has been redesigned: Activating Chaff Flare increases your defense chance by 12.5/25% for 6 seconds.

Powertech

Shield Tech

Coolant now allows Kolto Overload to heal beyond 35% health (up from 30%).

Advanced Prototype

Increased the cost of Immolate to 10 heat (up from 8) and increased the damage it deals.

Slightly reduced the damage done by Retractable Blade.

Prototype Cylinder Ventilation has been redesigned: While High Energy Gas Cylinder is active, players will vent 1/2 heat every 1.5 seconds.

Prototype Flame Thrower has been redesigned: Flame Burst, Flame Sweep, and Immolate have a 50/100% chance to grant Prototype Flame Thrower, which affects the next Flame Thrower by increasing the damage dealt by 20%, reducing the heat generated by 2, slowing targets by 30%, and making it immune to interrupts. This effect can stack up to 3 times.

Prototype Weapon Systems now additionally increases the critical strike damage bonus for Flame Thrower by 10/20/30%.

Power Loaders now additionally increases the critical hit chance of Rocket Punch by 2/4/6%.

Pyrotech

Increased Thermal Detonator explosion damage, but reduced the damage it deals over time.

Reduced the cost of Incendiary Missile to 16 heat (down from 22), and slightly reduced the damage it deals.

In addition to its previous functionality, Automated Defenses now also increases damage reduction by 15/30% while Kolto Overload is active.

Bursting Flame has been redesigned: Rocket Punch has a 33/66/100% chance and Flame Burst has a 20/40/60% chance to trigger your Combustible Gas Cylinder if active.

Sweltering Heat has been redesigned: While Combustible Gas Cylinder is active, Flame Burst and Flame Sweep have a 50/100% chance to reduce the movement speed of affected targets by 40% for 6 seconds.

Degauss has been redesigned: Activating Chaff Flare increases your defense chance by 12.5/25% for 6 seconds."

With these new buffs to both Bounty Hunter ACs, how do you think that will help us compete with the other classes for the various roles in swtor?

Thermal Detonator Buff was a 2.5% increase, so its still bad.

However, Rail Shot is 20% more powerful for Powertechs, and even more so for mercs (was bugged before) so...

Well its gonna be a lot stronger, though I wouldn't say on-par with marauders or snipers yet

Also I don't know if it was a ninja-bug fix or if it was just a myth, but I tested (on my vanguard) spamming Ion Pulse (Flame Burst) vs a dummy in Full Assault (Pyrotech) and multiple times the 4th Ion Pulse (Flame Burst) procced Rail Shot - So alacrity doesn't hurt Rail Shot like we used to think it did.

Thermal Detonator Buff was a 2.5% increase, so its still bad.

However, Rail Shot is 20% more powerful for Powertechs, and even more so for mercs (was bugged before) so...

Well its gonna be a lot stronger, though I wouldn't say on-par with marauders or snipers yet

Also I don't know if it was a ninja-bug fix or if it was just a myth, but I tested (on my vanguard) spamming Ion Pulse (Flame Burst) vs a dummy in Full Assault (Pyrotech) and multiple times the 4th Ion Pulse (Flame Burst) procced Rail Shot - So alacrity doesn't hurt Rail Shot like we used to think it did.

Wrong, its alot more than 2.5%. Its more like 13%, it now hits for 7-8k in all partisans instead of 5k-5.6k

It doesn't really matter at this point. Burst is slightly higher in pvp, but TD still sucks in pve. The supposedly RS buff you're all talking about. I don't see it. I was already getting 9k crits with it before the patch. Played for 4 hours yesterday on Oricon. Still around the same mark. The RP 100% PPA proc chance is busted. It roughly worked 50% of the time on the opener. Now I did notice a considerable change in AP. Mainly Immolate and FT. I was getting 8k crits with Immo and FT was critting for 4500 a tick. Pyro blah AP yay.

Wrong, its alot more than 2.5%. Its more like 13%, it now hits for 7-8k in all partisans instead of 5k-5.6k

I wrote down my numbers b4 and after the patch and the total damage was only a 2.5% increase.

But it does do a ton of up front damage extra