Sith Inquisitor is normal and the storyline is not for light side.

adormitul

So after playing more of the Sith Inquisitor I found something disturbing he is not the second incarnation of the force as the consular is. He is not that strong in the force is ambition is bigger then his abilities told quite a lot by my freaking beast.

He is a above average sith that is for sure but he is not at the level of the consular in chapter 1 I mean that dude was being weakened by taking a freaking plague upon himself manages to defeat jedi masters the equivalent of Darth in the sith order.

This dude had to weaken a Darth to kill him by burning is cybernetic implants.

Do not get me wrong he is above the average sith of the empire but he is more like the level of a normal Darth then the second incarnation of the force like the JC.

He just does not feel so epic in chapter 1. And the freaking beast keeps telling me I am not that good and I am overestimating my abilities.

Now about the story for some reason the Inquisitor always seems to be so arrogant even light side that it seems so forced doing good things that do not benefit me. For example I was sent to save a ***** sith the son of a colonel in exchange for a serum I really felt bad doing that even if it was light side that dude just did not deserve such a father. Really it let bad taste in my mouth being good is like eating **** with the inquisitor is like you do more bad then good by doing good.

Also I do not get some things so a Darth makes a sith a sith lord but who makes a Darth a Darth?

What do you think is the sith inquisitor the less epic one of all force user playing classes? I would say all but I did not yet played trooper and smuggler.

Correction, in Chapter 1 the SI takes out a highly respected Jedi Master on Alderaan, and a Sith Lord on Nar Shaddaa, while his/her connection to the Force was being severely weakened by an artifact. The fight with Skotia you reference was in the Prelude, not Chapter 1.

The consular takes out 4 mentally unstable Masters. Impressive to be sure, but not really any better than SI.

Also, the Dashade's word is not to be taken at face value. Keep in mind, he is constantly comparing you to Tulok Hord, one of the greatest Sith Lords of all time. Of COURSE you are weaker than him, at least during 1-50. Notice, despite his frequent threats to break free, kill and eat you, Khem never manages it.

The Consular and SI are both around the same power, ignoring the X factor introduced by the ghosts, since we can't be sure what would happen with them and the JC shielding technique, if anything.

Also, the Dashade's word is not to be taken at face value. Keep in mind, he is constantly comparing you to Tulok Hord, one of the greatest Sith Lords of all time. Of COURSE you are weaker than him, at least during 1-50. Notice, despite his frequent threats to break free, kill and eat you, Khem never manages it.

Agreed. Khem is pretty much goading you the entire time. I look at him as if he's this really old dude who is so miserable that he just wants to make everyone around him miserable. "When I was Tulak Horde's buddy we ate wood and rocks! And we walked to the battles of Yn and Chabosh uphill both ways!"

My light sided Sorceress actually feels sorry for him every time he opens his mouth. Me, I just roll my eyes and mutter "poor Khem poor poor Khem".

As opposed to when Qyzen opens his mouth I mutter "you're not the smartest lizard in the drawer are you".

Edited by Cedia

Well I did say he as strong as a average Darth. But what bothers me about the beasts words is that he does not see the potential of the Inquisitor.

Tulak Horde yes he was scary strong killing hundreds of jedi in one battle which brings some huge plot hole but leaving that aside I doubt he was in his 20's when he did all those feats.

I do not know he saw truly powerful force users and his words kinda bother me because it is from someone who knows what he is talking about.

Are we really that weak compared to the ancient sith of old. Even the ghost of our ancestor was stronger then us. I heard that kind of ghosts are weaker then when they where flesh and blood. Is that true?

Well I did say he as strong as a average Darth. But what bothers me about the beasts words is that he does not see the potential of the Inquisitor.

Tulak Horde yes he was scary strong killing hundreds of jedi in one battle which brings some huge plot hole but leaving that aside I doubt he was in his 20's when he did all those feats.

I do not know he saw truly powerful force users and his words kinda bother me because it is from someone who knows what he is talking about.

Are we really that weak compared to the ancient sith of old. Even the ghost of our ancestor was stronger then us. I heard that kind of ghosts are weaker then when they where flesh and blood. Is that true?

Well, your character is just coming into his/her power when he/she meets Kallig for the first time. I think the story does do a good job of showing you getting more powerful over time.

Well, your character is just coming into his/her power when he/she meets Kallig for the first time. I think the story does do a good job of showing you getting more powerful over time.

Actually I mean the second time we meet him you know when we fight a certain ghost and he saves us. Really makes me hate how we are compared to the ancient sith.

Why are we so weak with thousands of year of fighting tradition and we can not beat a ghost that is weaker then when he was flesh and blood.

Look at the plague master Terrak Morrhage he was also a sith ghost that managed to almost kill 5 of the best jedi masters of the order its saying much because even the ones on the high council with the exception of 4 are kinda average in skill. But still they where 5 and he was one and manged to posses them. He was barely defeated by one of the strongest jedi that ever lived up until that point even Raven said that.

Granted Vitiate could do that for a entire planet but he is the strongest force users that ever lived up until that point.

Actually I mean the second time we meet him you know when we fight a certain ghost and he saves us. Really makes me hate how we are compared to the ancient sith.

Why are we so weak with thousands of year of fighting tradition and we can not beat a ghost that is weaker then when he was flesh and blood.

Look at the plague master Terrak Morrhage he was also a sith ghost that managed to almost kill 5 of the best jedi masters of the order its saying much because even the ones on the high council with the exception of 4 are kinda average in skill. But still they where 5 and he was one and manged to posses them. He was barely defeated by one of the strongest jedi that ever lived up until that point even Raven said that.

Granted Vitiate could do that for a entire planet but he is the strongest force users that ever lived up until that point.

Well, I respectfully disagree. As it is quoted near the end of your storyline, the SI is the most powerful Sith in generations, after winning a several-years-long uphill race towards survival. The force ghost that almost kills you.. It's not that you're not powerful enough to defeat him, it is that you don't have the tools for the job, that's why Kallig saves you. Then, once you get the technique you can subdue the ghost quite easily as if it is no big deal... Think about that.

OFC, it can't be as simple as that but... the SI is far over your run-of-the-mill Darth or Jedi. I think that in fact, the 4 Force-Users class are only second to the Emperor in Force Power with only slight differences among them.

Also, I disagree on the LS part. I played mine as LS V and all I can say is that it is perfectly tailored to go that path! I find it even better that playing it DS, it makes much more sense, but that's just my opinion

Edited by Cicgnar

Well, I respectfully disagree. As it is quoted near the end of your storyline, the SI is the most powerful Sith in generations, after winning a several-years-long uphill race towards survival. The force ghost that almost kills you.. It's not that you're not powerful enough to defeat him, it is that you don't have the tools for the job, that's why Kallig saves you. Then, once you get the technique you can subdue the ghost quite easily as if it is no big deal... Think about that.

I thought about it then I remembered that Freedon Nadd defeated a sith ghost and Exar Kun killed the ghost of Freedon Nadd. Exar Kun used a powerful sith amulet but what did Nadd used?

This is not the only thing Revan defeated a sith ghost also while he had amnesia. Anyway he was the strongest sith in generations but he really empowerd himself with quite a number of ghosts we know he was not before because he lost to Darth Thanaton who was not yet a council member.

I wonder can a Darth make a Darth or only the Dark Council can bestow the title of Darth?

You know what the wrath was named the second coming of Exar Kun. That might not mean a lot but lets not forget that he never lost a battle and as a sith ghosts who are considered weaker then when they where alive it took the power of entire academy to kill him.

By the way is it true that sith ghosts are weaker then when they where alive? I can not find a source I just took it as a good information from someone on this forum.

Edited by adormitul

I thought about it then I remembered that Freedon Nadd defeated a sith ghost and Exar Kun killed the ghost of Freedon Nadd. Exar Kun used a powerful sith amulet but what did Nadd used?

This is not the only thing Revan defeated a sith ghost also while he had amnesia. Anyway he was the strongest sith in generations but he really empowerd himself with quite a number of ghosts we know he was not before because he lost to Darth Thanaton who was not yet a council member.

I wonder can a Darth make a Darth or only the Dark Council can bestow the title of Darth?

You know what the wrath was named the second coming of Exar Kun. That might not mean a lot but lets not forget that he never lost a battle and as a sith ghosts who are considered weaker then when they where alive it took the power of entire academy to kill him.

By the way is it true that sith ghosts are weaker then when they where alive? I can not find a source I just took it as a good information from someone on this forum.

Thanathon attacks you when you barely have attained your Lord title, whereas he has already been a Darth for a long time. Then he sets you a trap throwing you unprepared to a fight you could easily win... if you just knew how. Which you don't. Then you need the means to fight back somebody who is much more trained and veteran than you... And who still you make run twice. The first time, the only reason he survives is because you are betrayed, by you-know-who. Then you renew your mind and body and proceed to wipe the floor with him mercilessly, while he had the much larger power base.

The Wrath is called the second coming of Exar Kun. The SI gets called the new Tulak Hord by someone who actually met him. I don't know, I simply believe you're overthinking things. Maybe even a little biased because you liked more the other stories, I don't know, but it is heavily implied that the Force-sensitive characters are all on the same level of power and skill by the end of their storylines.

Edited by Cicgnar

I think that in fact, the 4 Force-Users class are only second to the Emperor in Force Power with only slight differences among them.

Also, I disagree on the LS part. I played mine as LS V and all I can say is that it is perfectly tailored to go that path! I find it even better that playing it DS, it makes much more sense, but that's just my opinion

I agree with both the above points. Lots of people think the Consular and Inquisitor are more powerful than the Knight and Warrior are, but the way I see it is that the JC and SI are able to channel the Force into their impressive powers with more ease than the other two. Meanwhile, the SW and JK don't have as many or as strong Force abilities, BUT they can channel the Force so that each blow they deal is much stronger than average, and they have incredibly high endurance and fortitude. So two of them can wield the force as a tool, and the other two just use it to augment their physical and mental abilities. At least, that's how I've always seen it in my head.

I also agree with the LS Inquisitor being a good choice. The SI starts out as being a recently freed slave. I mean REALLY recently. Like, maybe a week or so before the game starts. So to me, it makes sense that instead of immediately going dark, they try to use their abilities to help others who are suffering like they did for so long, and try to prevent that kind of suffering in general. Which is not to say that they are pushovers- they just don't like killing and torturing needlessly. So I think when placed in perspective of the SI background, playing LS makes complete sense.

Edited by Yermog

I do not know considering how many *****s I meet its really hard to be be light especially since I was a slave and arrogant attitude really deserves some retribution.

I am barely light 1 and usually at the stage I am in the story I am light 3. I am light with people who help me and I am dark with people piss me off and are of no use. For example I do not wanna betray Zash she saved me from slavery after all and gave me a ****** ship. So I am loyal to her you see I know what happens in the end but my character does not know and he knows the concept of loyalty and scratching my back and I will scratch yours.

To the OP:

Comparing the Consular to the Inquisitor is a little difficult due to their wildly different backgrounds. Remember the Consular was stated to be more powerful in the force at 4 years old than his master was at 15. This implies that he/she has been trained and tutored by experts from birth to be an absolute master of his powers. The Inquisitor on the other hand is a young adult who probably just discovered he had powers and was thrown into training meant to provide quick numbers to the sith. The very fact that this Inquisitor lives to see lvl 50 is a testament to his raw power, cunning and an ample supply of luck. These two characters could not be more different at the start and mid way through lvling, but at lvl 50 the sith has evolved into something much more in line with the Consular's power level. He has walked his path, learned from the mistakes made and is now ready to take his place among the great force users in both power and skill.

My 2 cents anyway...