Worst Story

adavismkg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consular and Inquisitor are generally agreed to be the two weakest stories. No one really cares much about the "mysteries of the force" arcs, or at least not the way they are presented in the game. Having done the Inquisitor Story fully, and almost completed with Chapter 2 of the Consular Story, they are almost identical in terms of how the stories play out even, just one is dark and ominous, the other is more protective.

I will say both don't have the excitement factor to them, nor the curveballs that I got from some of the other stories.

Agent Story is probably the best in terms of both twists and excitement, and it's got the added bonus of having multiple endings. I would suggest that story if you are looking for something very entertaining.

Well, having played through SI story twice, and just finished chapeter 1 of the JC story yesterday, I disagree. But then again, I like the "mysteries of the force". Felt both stories fits the class very well. (Edit: on second thought, I felt the JC chapter 1 fit very well for a sage, for a shadow it might be a bit odd)

The agent story was great, but also infuriating (but I guess a story that actually makes you feel something is a good thing, right?). The added bonus for the agent is that the class have the most interesting companions, by far.

Edited by Tigalo

The general consensus is Jedi consular is the only really bad story in the game - they tried to do something different with it and most would say it's just boring. If you liked the warrior storyline, you'd probably hate the consular.

Without giving away any spoilers, the best way to look at it is the Sith warrior is a strong, proud fighter who slashes his way through everything on his way to galactic dominance. The Sith inquisitor is a slave who's tossed into the middle of Sith politics and fumbles and stumbles his way as best he can towards survival. They're two very different themes.

Edited by jgelling

With the exception of Khem Val and maaaaaybe Xalek, none of the Sith Inquisitor companions really felt as if they should have been members of your crew and were tagging along for little to no reason beyond "I need 5 companions with me at the end of my story." Regardless of your alignment, Ashara has ZERO logical reason to ever join your crew based on the situation that is presented.

The Inquisitor story felt forced, and the ending was god awful, with none of your choices having any impact on how it plays out.

I've been playing as a Jedi Consular and now currently on Nar Shaddaa, I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be, at least during Chapter 1, other than the story inconsistencies that I have begun to notice:

The reason why the Masters have this plague is never fully explained, and even when you make the DS choices, which often lead to you killing the affected Master, there are no serious ramifications as a result of that, other than Syo and the Council saying the loss of the master was tragic indeed.

Other than that, I can say I am having fun.

I've been playing as a Jedi Consular and now currently on Nar Shaddaa, I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be, at least during Chapter 1, other than the story inconsistencies that I have begun to notice:

Other than that, I can say I am having fun.

Don't worry - the consular story goes consistently straight down hill the further you get into it. You'll have a hard time finishing your pebble-throwing quest.

Edited by jgelling

Story wise I think people totally overrate the Smuggler's story. At least with other there's a storyline of sorts. The Smuggler's arc is more like the life and times of Tom, Dick and Harry. No world changing events, no heroic protagonist who saves the world, no great spiritual/moral/existential journeys, nothing.

I've played Imp Agent, JC and SI.

Act 1 Consular is pretty boring, but it does ramp up. Similarly, Act 2 Inquisitor is a bit boring, but it's worth it for the rocking start and finish. Agent is simply amazing. Out of the three, yeah, Consular is the 'worst', but they're all awesome. From what I've seen, Smuggler is the worst but I could be misinformed.

All of them are pretty lame and predictable that rely heavily on cliche sterotypical diatribes. There was one story I did quite like........ no wait, my mistake, that was a DIFFERENT GAME! Edited by Caspian_Rho

Story wise I think people totally overrate the Smuggler's story. At least with other there's a storyline of sorts. The Smuggler's arc is more like the life and times of Tom, Dick and Harry. No world changing events, no heroic protagonist who saves the world, no great spiritual/moral/existential journeys, nothing.

That's why Smuggler is so epic. It's no Big Badda Boom, I'm the shiny hero on a white horse that comes charging in at the most perilous of times with such courage and honour. Vanquishing his/her foes, because no one equals me. I am eternal.

Smuggler isn't. It's casual. It's simple. It's more realistic and innovating. I and many other people like it. Just because it's different. Not (that) cliché.

So far I've finished Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent and the Sith Warrior storyline (Currently playing my Smuggler). And if I can be honest I found the Sith Warrior one the worst (relatively). I would've found it one of the best, if not for the ending. Personally, I found the ending and I won't tell any spoilers, extremely dissatisfying. It just didn't make up to what I was expecting from it. That and that alone, which is kind of sad, ruined the entire storyline for me.

Sith Warrior has one of the hardest Final Bosses in the game as well as some of the toughest bosses in general. Not many other classes have to fight bosses multiple times. The things that makes the Warrior epic is your direct tie to the Emperor and all the betrayal and the way you bounce back from it, not to mention having the only story that directly transforms a companion based on the type of story you are writing.

Sith Warrior has one of the hardest Final Bosses in the game as well as some of the toughest bosses in general. Not many other classes have to fight bosses multiple times. The things that makes the Warrior epic is your direct tie to the Emperor and all the betrayal and the way you bounce back from it, not to mention having the only story that directly transforms a companion based on the type of story you are writing.

SI would disagree with the hardest boss to fight. consular hands down is the worst story and trooper is not far behind.

SI would disagree with the hardest boss to fight. consular hands down is the worst story and trooper is not far behind.
Which boss would that be? Act 1? Cuz the final boss of the Inquisitor Story was a joke compared to the Final Boss of Warrior.

That's why Smuggler is so epic. It's no Big Badda Boom, I'm the shiny hero on a white horse that comes charging in at the most perilous of times with such courage and honour. Vanquishing his/her foes, because no one equals me. I am eternal.

Smuggler isn't. It's casual. It's simple. It's more realistic and innovating. I and many other people like it. Just because it's different. Not (that) cliché.

And the sarcastic wise-cracks are unmatched in any other story of the game.

I wouldn't say I had a least favourite because there have been a lot of moments in every storyline where i've had little chills run up my spine

But I think the Sith Warrior ending should've had a little cutscene where your companions are all together with your character like you see in the other class endings

I suppose I just love my little moments with all my companions together :p

Edited by Jakesey

Obviously, opinions are opinions, but every time these topics come up, the general gist of them goes like this:

Consular and Inquisitor = worst stories

Obviously, people being people, there are individuals out there that actually liked those stories, but this is a general gist of how people tend to respond to these threads.

I personally thought the Consular story was very, very, very, boring. Plus, the dress. Which compounded how bad it was. :D At least the Inquisitor (fairly boring as well), had some dark humor here and there.

Worst story so far has been the Bounty Hunter - even the interaction with you team doesn't save it as there is hardly any "story" going on.

Consular is actually pretty neat in my opinion, but seems most people don't like stories about helping people and diplomacy. It's actually closer tied to the different worlds in act 2 and 3 than many other stories.

And to the guy who said the sickness wasn't explained -

seems you missed some parts, because it is explained in detail. They all got infected when they were on this Sith planet with the Jedi left behind. Not directly while they were there, but the Jedi hat direct body contact with them and so could infect them later when he turned / was possesed.

Edited by Parali
spoiler

of the 4 imperial stories I've played, Bounty hunter was the worst. You start out a thug and end up a criminal, big deal. But the story it self makes sense, it's a bounty hunter, its what they do. Fame and glory is what they live for, which is why they are pathetic!

the best... Agent, hands down. nr. 2 has to be Jedi knight. haven't finished it yet, but it has to be number 2 (I know what it ends with).

So far I've finished Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent and the Sith Warrior storyline (Currently playing my Smuggler). And if I can be honest I found the Sith Warrior one the worst (relatively). I would've found it one of the best, if not for the ending. Personally, I found the ending and I won't tell any spoilers, extremely dissatisfying. It just didn't make up to what I was expecting from it. That and that alone, which is kind of sad, ruined the entire storyline for me.

Whilst I can understand that it's fun (I also enjoyed the ******** wisecracks), when was the last time you saw a fictional international best seller that had no substance? The combination of some of the answers I've given and the responses I've received were quite ludicrous. Just remember the topic was about the "story" element to it. The smuggler story is more like a bunch of one-liner jokes rather than a story.

of the 4 imperial stories I've played, Bounty hunter was the worst. You start out a thug and end up a criminal, big deal. But the story it self makes sense, it's a bounty hunter, its what they do. Fame and glory is what they live for, which is why they are pathetic!

Well... if you play Dark Side maybe you feel like a thug and Criminal. If you play Light Side, it has more of a Firefly feel to it, if you ever saw the Joss Whedon series. Still it is very Vanilla, since it is still all about, "Go here, get Bounty, kill Opposition, Rinse, Repeat."

Worst story so far has been the Bounty Hunter - even the interaction with you team doesn't save it as there is hardly any "story" going on.

Consular is actually pretty neat in my opinion, but seems most people don't like stories about helping people and diplomacy. It's actually closer tied to the different worlds in act 2 and 3 than many other stories.

And to the guy who said the sickness wasn't explained -

seems you missed some parts, because it is explained in detail. They all got infected when they were on this Sith planet with the Jedi left behind. Not directly while they were there, but the Jedi hat direct body contact with them and so could infect them later when he turned / was possesed.

Yup. I agree. The Consular story is a great story, but it suffers from a very slow start. Once you get past Chapter 1, things really pick up.