Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changes to Operation Drops in 5.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Changes to Operation Drops in 5.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

masterceil
03.06.2017 , 03:14 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by realleaftea View Post
Spoiler
I'm confused... The tone of your post feels like it's trying to disagree with me, but the content looks like you're agreeing with me.

For the record, I would indeed prefer ops drops go to all players. I realise that for most people this would decimate the replayability of Operations (namely, for those that solely do ops for gear), and that's why it won't happen. But I'm all for easier access to gear. But we're talking about what's actually happening, not about other alternative gearing suggestions (such as just selling BiS on a vendor - which they basically do with unassembled components).
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

Kazazel
03.09.2017 , 02:38 PM | #112
Quote:
You can get full set bonus from EV/KP, gives little reason to ever play any of the other veteran modes. Let them stay at tier 2, their difficultty is pretty much on par with story modes. And then consider upping rewards for veteran Revan, master & blaster and Cora.
I agree with this statement.

One of the issues is reward in operations. If you can get a full set of gear from EV/KP then what is the incentive to do the harder operations? For example, my guild was progressing through Rav HM in 4.0. I remember the first time we took down Torque. It dropped an earpiece. No one needed that earpiece because we all had gotten it from EV/KP. The only thing we could do with it was random it out and whoever won it sell it to a vendor for a few credits. It felt like more of a slap in the face rather than a reward. We basically gave up progression raiding at some point as most of the group preferred getting rewards from doing easy content than the constant wiping leading to getting the next boss down. We used to have both.

How about another approach: Each operation boss still drops 1-2 pieces, but an operation only rewards 1-2 types of gear. E.g. EV first 4 bosses drop implants and Soa 2 earpieces. KP first 4 bosses drop relics and Karagga 2 offhands. This should encourage everyone to play all operations instead of just EV/KP and still give great rewards for those progressing through any of the operations. It has other benefits: If you want a specific piece you have a way higher chance of getting it by targeting an operation that drops it. Avoids the issue where the only piece you want is on the first boss. You lose out on the /roll and have no other loot to look forward to for the rest of the operation. With my example it is also a bit more alt friendly IMO. You can run EV/KP to gear alts for the non-legacy transferable pieces (other pieces can be gotten by your main and transferred in legacy gear).

FerkWork
03.09.2017 , 05:16 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazazel View Post
I agree with this statement.

One of the issues is reward in operations. If you can get a full set of gear from EV/KP then what is the incentive to do the harder operations? For example, my guild was progressing through Rav HM in 4.0. I remember the first time we took down Torque. It dropped an earpiece. No one needed that earpiece because we all had gotten it from EV/KP. The only thing we could do with it was random it out and whoever won it sell it to a vendor for a few credits. It felt like more of a slap in the face rather than a reward. We basically gave up progression raiding at some point as most of the group preferred getting rewards from doing easy content than the constant wiping leading to getting the next boss down. We used to have both.

How about another approach: Each operation boss still drops 1-2 pieces, but an operation only rewards 1-2 types of gear. E.g. EV first 4 bosses drop implants and Soa 2 earpieces. KP first 4 bosses drop relics and Karagga 2 offhands. This should encourage everyone to play all operations instead of just EV/KP and still give great rewards for those progressing through any of the operations. It has other benefits: If you want a specific piece you have a way higher chance of getting it by targeting an operation that drops it. Avoids the issue where the only piece you want is on the first boss. You lose out on the /roll and have no other loot to look forward to for the rest of the operation. With my example it is also a bit more alt friendly IMO. You can run EV/KP to gear alts for the non-legacy transferable pieces (other pieces can be gotten by your main and transferred in legacy gear).
No, messing with the loot of the other Operations to deal woth EV/KP is not how you handle it. Personally I would make those bosses drop SM gear only besides final boss drop HM. Then again none are BiS so it doesn't matter as much.

Kazazel
03.10.2017 , 02:25 AM | #114
Quote:
No, messing with the loot of the other Operations to deal with EV/KP is not how you handle it.
I don't think this is just an issue with EV/KP. Rav/ToS are significantly harder than other veteran operations. Most will avoid them when gearing up in favour of the easier ops. Then when they progress through them there will be no reward. With galactic command Bioware have been encouraging players to do all content by giving reward roughly equal reward for the time spent and the difficulty. I think that is a good thing and should continue. With the current distribution that would not be the case. Discourage players from farming EV/KP, will only move them to farm TfB, etc. It would be better to encourage them to play all operations.

vicadin
04.19.2017 , 11:43 AM | #115
Eric,

According to your list, you are saying that MM non-final bosses are supposed to drop Tier 4 Prototype and Artifact gear. I have not found those vendors anywhere on the fleet. Am I missing something? The Tier 4 vendor I did find only sold Legendary...

- vicadin

_Shaddai_
04.19.2017 , 12:13 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by vicadin View Post
Eric,

According to your list, you are saying that MM non-final bosses are supposed to drop Tier 4 Prototype and Artifact gear. I have not found those vendors anywhere on the fleet. Am I missing something? The Tier 4 vendor I did find only sold Legendary...

- vicadin
It's because the gear dropped by NiM/MM are not tokens, they are premade pieces. See this post for an example:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...46&postcount=5