Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Changes to Operation Drops in 5.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Changes to Operation Drops in 5.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TopAceOfEarth's Avatar


TopAceOfEarth
03.06.2017 , 07:48 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Doesn't GSF kick AFKers? I know you get that ominous "You're not contributing" message if you just sit there...
You only get to kick people if you managed to persuade 50% or more to vote the "afk" person out of the match if they have stopped contributing.

A reduction in rewards for GSF and PvP is needed, you should at least need to get "some" medals to get rewards.

From many matches in GSF I have seen though, many new players don't get any medals even if they try when playing against "better" players (be it skill or ship upgrades).

Quote: Originally Posted by josephxp View Post
In GSF if you get 0 medals you get 0 CXP, 0 ship and fleet req, and 0 UC's
The AFK person won't care about ship upgrades, cause for afk you don't need upgrades

Quote: Originally Posted by Xcurtx View Post
wrong u get unassembled components no matter what. go try.
correct. components, cxp for afk - bad design. cutoffpoint needs to be a certain amount of medals as minimum.
Halcyon Legacy
Might want to Bookmark https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/Cancel - cause they removed the button

xkcurtisx's Avatar


xkcurtisx
03.06.2017 , 07:51 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by TopAceOfEarth View Post
correct. components, cxp for afk - bad design. cutoffpoint needs to be a certain amount of medals as minimum.
Same for pvp may that be ranked or unranked. No medals needed for the unassembled component reward. Even if there was a medal amount needed go do a heal an attack and a taunt and bam you are at 7, now you can go hide in a corner.

TopAceOfEarth's Avatar


TopAceOfEarth
03.06.2017 , 08:08 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Xcurtx View Post
Same for pvp may that be ranked or unranked. No medals needed for the unassembled component reward. Even if there was a medal amount needed go do a heal an attack and a taunt and bam you are at 7, now you can go hide in a corner.
Problem is if you set the cut-off point to high, or require some other arbitrary kind of "needed x amount" of activity, the complains would be even higher.

On the other hand you can and will be again able to get the BiS gear in the game... from standing in a corner. That should never be the case and makes a joke out of guilds that clear or try to clear nim/master mode operations.
Halcyon Legacy
Might want to Bookmark https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/Cancel - cause they removed the button

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
03.06.2017 , 08:27 AM | #104
Exactly, you can AFK GSF or PVP matches.

GSF is king in this as you are more likely to be carried by the group, mainly playing imp side due to SMW premades that faceroll the enemies. You can just afk and got up to 2200 cxp for doing nothing!! Not to mention 10 components for the win.

This is absolutely silly compared to doing Operations, which require your full attention, skill, gear etc. PVP and GSF offers simple acces (click to que) no repair costs, no gear, no skill etc.
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Beaten the game?

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
03.06.2017 , 08:47 AM | #105
Used to be a carrot called endgame gear in the hardest operations.

Now any monkey can afk farm endgame gear or low skill farm flashpoints and get the same thing.

Meanwhile loot from bosses is turned into garbage RNG.

Now the U turn on reversing it and putting back reliable drops from bosses.

We are still guaranteed the comedy of being able to get the same best loot from afking and farming of any old junk alongside this because why not leave the obvious gear devaluing issue in there.
Notwired @ Not Good Enough @ TRE

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
03.06.2017 , 10:34 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
Another one for the Ignore list
Really? YOU are ignoring ME after you personally attack me out of the blue for no reason? see below quote

Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
What's your problem? Why is easy, quick gearing a problem? Unless you can't stand seeing other people get the gear they want? This seems to be not just jealousy but the basest desire to deny other people what they want. You should look into yourself, there's a serious character flaw here that might be extending into your real life.
All because I want EV KP to drop less loot than 4.0.
-Beruhl
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Edyn View Post
I like RNG because I'm better at being lucky than you are. l2p

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
03.06.2017 , 11:03 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
I already addressed you claiming this wasn't purely an elitist sentiment here on the other thread regarding EV and KP HM loot drops. You admitted you were addressing this from an elitist standpoint. Good job trying to pivot though.

That's why I'm cracking on masterceil about his comment.


Didn't I address it from both practical and elitist standpoint? Do I need to look back 10 pages to read what I wrote in another thread? Nice callback though

Does anyone care about loot balance from a "non-elitist" standpoint? I don't think I stated my opinion on this in a smarmy or degrading way. The EV/KP HM loot drops still have to be decent for people to do them often enough to keep the analytics numbers fluffed up.
-Beruhl
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Edyn View Post
I like RNG because I'm better at being lucky than you are. l2p

realleaftea's Avatar


realleaftea
03.06.2017 , 02:28 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Why are so many people opposed to easy gearing? I think the gist of another recent request was asking if the set-bonus armoring could be BoP and disallowed from Legacy gear? If a group of players want to gear up with EV and KP, what business is it of yours?

TBH, I wouldn't want people running the harder ops with me solely out of "obligation" to get the best gear. If they're content to run EV and KP, let 'em. There are still people willing to run Rav and ToS for the sheer pleasure of running those ops, and they're the ones I'd rather run with, anyway.

Yall just lookin' to punish people for not wanting to run harder ops with you? So because they won't play on your court, you have to take their ball away? They take nothing from you in gearing up solely with EV/KP - why do you want to take away from them?
To invert this statement: Why should you limit specific items like a mainhand, etc. to more difficult OPs, why would you limit the drop chance to 1 item per boss (rather than 1 per player) and why would you restrict the availability of certain items to operations in general (they could drop in flashpoints as well)? So why would you be opposed to these forms of 'easy grinding'?

BioWare could introduce a vendor for these items, could introduce more crafting recipes, could make all the items legacy bound right away or even give them away for free. If a group of players prefers to get their items that way, who are you to deny them that?

Or let's apply the same scenario to PvP:
BioWare could make every item except the mainhand, offhand, head and maybe the chest purchasable for a single unassembled component (UC). Let's then accuse anyone who would question this uneven / unfair UC requirement of ruining the PvP metric.... Who cares if these players get slaughtered, flamed for their lack of experience (in hutball f.e.) and might propably never return. As long as they've made the PvP metric look better, who would care about the rest? Why would anyone ever question a disparity, inequity or exploit?
____

So it's not about whether a character should get the gear or not. and it surely isn't a black-&-white decision. It's about the question how to come up with a system that's fair to everyone... especially to new players.

And in that regard, 4.0 wasn't really a good system.

To make the items bound on pickup f.e. (or to prevent the mods from being inserted into legacy gear) wouldn't stop any player from running EV & KP. BUT it would stop players from using their fully equipped main character to equip a long-forgotten alt.

That then resulted in a lot of tension between players. The better equipped players were eager to blame the less equipped players for anything, if not for at least making the run longer than necessary. I can remember countless of runs where unexperienced tanks & healers had to face a lot of hatred because they didn't satisfy the expectations of the better equipped players (but I bet it was pure coincidence that the well equipped characters tend to be primarily DDs ). So some players got kicked & replaced by guildmates, others weren't even invited... what a healthy community.

Furthermore, the less equipped players then had a hard time fighting for their gear, because a token could always be used to equip another alt, even one that does not yet exist. Which then resulted in lovely things like players being adviced to skip their roll on a certain item or to trade their token for another one they were also missing. In many cases, the loot master simply changed the order in which the players roll for the items, leaving the one he/she needed the most for last.

And that's just the 'bound-on-pickup' part. In regard of the difficulty level, the number of rewards and the 'item overlap' in EV & KP: That's a matter of diversity!

One of the greatest achievements of 4.0 was that the level-sync made the existing content (i.e. all the operation) viable again. Theoretically, players were free to choose to run whatever operation they want. But the truth was that the difficulty level wasn't even despite the level-sync.

Now, the more items you make available in EV & KP, the more often a player is 'pushed' to repeat these two operations only. Not out of their own desire to choose the most easiest run, but due to the behavior & responses of other players, should they try to join a different OP.

If BioWare would limit the rewards instead (f.e. by increasing the item overlap), more players will be tempted to choose another operation, which would then lower the 'entrance barrier' and smoothening the gear progression as well as increasing the overall variety. Because despite the fact that the highlighted operations had their own noticable downsides in 4.0 (but who would ever oppose this form of 'easy grinding', right?), they at least gave players an incentive to try out more challenging operations.

RiVaN_'s Avatar


RiVaN_
03.06.2017 , 02:40 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

If you haven’t read it yet, we recommend you head over to the “Tier 4 in Game Update 5.2” thread and learn about the new Tier of gear coming next Update. Along with the new Tier of gear, we are making quite a few changes to what gear drops in Operations. For endgame PvE players we know there is a desire to gear primarily through Operations.

For existing Operations (Tier 1 will no longer drop in Operations)
  • Tier 2 Legendary Gear - Story Mode
  • Tier 3 Legendary Gear – Veteran Mode
  • Tier 4 Prototype and Artifact Gear – Master Mode (Non-final bosses)
  • Tier 4 Legendary Gear – Master Mode (Final bosses)
For Gods from the Machine Operations:
  • Tier 3 – Story Mode
  • Tier 4 – Veteran Mode

As you can see there a lot of changes with Operation gear drops in 5.2! Let us know your thoughts on these changes.

-eric
Does a player have to be Command Rank 300 (or what ever rank it is that drops tiers 2 and 3) to receive or cash in the token or can a CR 60 toon run HM S&V and get the Tier 3 gloves from Titan 6?
Nikolete, Scoundrel - Republic Flashfire
Drivan, Sentinel - Souls of Fate

Jedi Covenant

FerkWork's Avatar


FerkWork
03.06.2017 , 02:50 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by RiVaN_ View Post
Does a player have to be Command Rank 300 (or what ever rank it is that drops tiers 2 and 3) to receive or cash in the token or can a CR 60 toon run HM S&V and get the Tier 3 gloves from Titan 6?
I assume it is like now and turn them in at the right Vendor in the Supplies section without needing the GC rank.