Infiltration 2.0 Stat Priority and min/max?

Tfiles

Does anyone know the new 2.0 stat priority and min/max for gear.

I read the following on Mad Sith Assassin:

"Stat formulas have been changed in 2.0, bringing Crit and Surge down significantly. You're looking at unbuffed stats around the following.

Willpower is your primary stat

~100% Accuracy

20%+ Critical Chance

~66% Critical Multiplier (Surge)

Stack Power while maintaining the other stats

Alacrity now reduces the global cooldown and increases Force regeneration. It hasn't yet been determined how much we would benefit from it or what to sacrifice to gear for it. Expect this list to change some after we learn more.

Accuracy is important in update 2.0 because enemies have Force and Tech resistance. Your Force attacks can miss where before only your saber attacks could.

Your critical multiplier hits harsh diminishing returns at 65% now, down from 75%.

Power remains a static increase per point to all your damage done."

Can anyone confirm this and add any clarity on Alacrity. Also, anyone have info on min/maxing?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Stat formulas have been changed in 2.0, bringing Crit and Surge down significantly. You're looking at unbuffed stats around the following.

~100% Accuracy

20%+ Critical Chance

Alacrity now reduces the global cooldown and increases Force regeneration. It hasn't yet been determined how much we would benefit from it or what to sacrifice to gear for it. Expect this list to change some after we learn more.

Accuracy is important in update 2.0 because enemies have Force and Tech resistance. Your Force attacks can miss where before only your saber attacks could.

Your critical multiplier hits harsh diminishing returns at 65% now, down from 75%.

Can anyone confirm this and add any clarity on Alacrity. Also, anyone have info on min/maxing?

I go by this:

willpower > accuracy > surge (75%) > power > crit. No alacrity for Madness/Balance/Infil.

Edited by Levity

Right that is what i've always went by. But if there are super harsh DR on crit and surge shouldn't the rest be poured into power once this DR cap has been reached? Edited by Tfiles

Right that is what i've always went by. But if there are super harsh DR on crit and surge shouldn't the rest be poured into power once this DR cap has been reached?

The DR isn't that bad on surge imo. I changed one thing out for surge ( traded 72 crit for 72 surge) and it brought it from 67% to 69%. I would say 66% is the soft cap and 75% is the hard cap and anymore after 75% will be where you will see harsh DRs.

The DR isn't that bad on surge imo. I changed one thing out for surge ( traded 72 crit for 72 surge) and it brought it from 67% to 69%. I would say 66% is the soft cap and 75% is the hard cap and anymore after 75% will be where you will see harsh DRs.

+1

Surge is not so bad like crit. Imho a good surge can be between 70-75 with 25crit.

Sure it's that having a low crit rating means a less priority for surge.

With tests we will have a response.

~100% Accuracy

20%+ Critical Chance

I'm sitting right around those numbers quoted in that thread atm; and its probably what i will look to stay at for the foreseeable future.

What are you guys sacrificing to be at 70-75 surge at 55? Seems high.

Completely unbuffed I'm at (Melee):

Bonus Dmg: 712

Accuracy: 100.26

Crit Chance: 19.87

Crit Multiplier 64.94

I couldn't see myself feasibly getting to those Crit Multiplier numbers until i had more 72s, or sacrificed considerable accuracy.

Edited by Typeslice

I'm sitting right around those numbers quoted in that thread atm; and its probably what i will look to stay at for the foreseeable future.

What are you guys sacrificing to be at 70-75 surge at 55? Seems high.

Completely unbuffed I'm at (Melee):

Bonus Dmg: 712

Accuracy: 100.26

Crit Chance: 19.87

Crit Multiplier 64.94

I couldn't see myself feasibly getting to those Crit Multiplier numbers until i had more 72s, or sacrificed considerable accuracy.

I'm in 66's/69's and I'm at 100% acc. 19.8 % crit, 66% surge. Going to 72's you will definitely hit 70-75% surge. My bonus dmg is a lot higher though. It's at 727. I have 2600 willpower. I hardly had to put anything into crit. to max it since willpower is awesome. I just have the two arkanian stalker implants which brought my crit to where it needed to be(considering how beast the new augments are).

Edit: Also, I've only put in 1 69 armoring since I don't want to lose my 4 piece set bonus. So once I get those armorings I will be able to sacrifice more crit. for power. I'm a balance shadow btw. So crit. and surge I can neglect some, as infil. crit/surge is a must have so putting more into them will make you better off. As infil. I would hard cap crit at 25% and try hard to get surge to 75% as well then work on power. I'm not sure how bursty infil. remains though. I haven't been infil. yet in 2.0.

Edited by Levity

Bear in mind, we have multiple talents in infiltration that give our crit damage a 50% (on force breach and project) damage buff and 30% buff to shadow strike.

You want to make sure this crits!

My stats are:

734.5 Bonus Damage

98.4% Accuracy (I pick the 9% armour penetration here, so on force attacks my attacks still go through boss armour)

25.22% Crit

67.8% Surge

I am in at the moment a mix of 63s, 66s and 2 69s.

My aim is to now just focus on getting my bonus damage and crit up.

Bear in mind, we have multiple talents in infiltration that give our crit damage a 50% (on force breach and project) damage buff and 30% buff to shadow strike.

My stats are:

734.5 Bonus Damage

98.4% Accuracy (I pick the 9% armour penetration here, so on force attacks my attacks still go through boss armour)

25.22% Crit

67.8% Surge

for THIS IMHO, 66% surge is too low, at least 70%!

25crit it's good max 27..more it's not convenient imho.

btw if u test it, just report us parsers :)

Yeah, I agree. If you are a class that doesn't need crit. all that much then you can slide with a lower crit. mult. But as Shadows our crit. scales a lot less compared to everyone else, and for good reason since our passives produce high burst anyway. Surge it up!

Am actually on a break from the game at the moment, when I am back. I promise to upload some parsers and my entire gearset. :)

In my build I did focus more on the power, bring up the overall damage rather than crit damage, as plenty of the infiltration build does give large damage bonuses for critical hits. (Additional surge as such).

ok :)

yeah with 2.0 we have more force sustain with less big numbers, it's "right" cuz we can't have anything. :D

btw I love the new rotation!

likewise man!

I feel as though you have a basic rotation to go around, then you adapt it to how resources appear, or how the fight develops. Its really awesome how things changed. One thing I am glad of is that we don't particularly have anything we really need stealth to use in the rotation, as I prefer to use stealth defensively on my shadow, rather than offensively on my scoundrel.

I'm in 66's/69's and I'm at 100% acc. 19.8 % crit, 66% surge. Going to 72's you will definitely hit 70-75% surge. My bonus dmg is a lot higher though. It's at 727. I have 2600 willpower. I hardly had to put anything into crit. to max it since willpower is awesome. I just have the two arkanian stalker implants which brought my crit to where it needed to be(considering how beast the new augments are).

Edit: Also, I've only put in 1 69 armoring since I don't want to lose my 4 piece set bonus. So once I get those armorings I will be able to sacrifice more crit. for power. I'm a balance shadow btw. So crit. and surge I can neglect some, as infil. crit/surge is a must have so putting more into them will make you better off. As infil. I would hard cap crit at 25% and try hard to get surge to 75% as well then work on power. I'm not sure how bursty infil. remains though. I haven't been infil. yet in 2.0.

Hmm -weird. That 727 bonus dmg is completely unbuffed? because I'm almost all 69s and some 72s.

likewise man!

I feel as though you have a basic rotation to go around, then you adapt it to how resources appear, or how the fight develops. Its really awesome how things changed. One thing I am glad of is that we don't particularly have anything we really need stealth to use in the rotation, as I prefer to use stealth defensively on my shadow, rather than offensively on my scoundrel.

Mmm it's not all right, we "need" to use force cloak to maximize dps, it's drop another blackout.

Yes our force regen is better but we still need shadow respite.

Just a thought here, haven't tested it or anything. Since we have the talents to increase our crit damage with shadow strike, project and force breach, wouldn't it be better to stack crit to get the percentage up and power to get the base damage up. Not to mention will power which helps both. I don't know if surge is capped at 100% with the talents or not, I would imagine not. This might also allow us to get more accuracy(105% to 110%) to make everything hits. Also we could put more alacrity in to help with force regen because although it is vastly improved, I still find myself starved at times. Admittedly I haven't spent a lot of time on my shadow in 2.0 yet, so the force issue might get better with practice.

On side note, does anyone know what the DR is looking like for crit on the mainstat. I hear people saying they've got around 2600 main stat. I know pre 2.0 I capped my sent around 2000 and stacked power after that.

Just a thought here, haven't tested it or anything. Since we have the talents to increase our crit damage with shadow strike, project and force breach, wouldn't it be better to stack crit to get the percentage up and power to get the base damage up. Not to mention will power which helps both. I don't know if surge is capped at 100% with the talents or not, I would imagine not. This might also allow us to get more accuracy(105% to 110%) to make everything hits. Also we could put more alacrity in to help with force regen because although it is vastly improved, I still find myself starved at times. Admittedly I haven't spent a lot of time on my shadow in 2.0 yet, so the force issue might get better with practice.

On side note, does anyone know what the DR is looking like for crit on the mainstat. I hear people saying they've got around 2600 main stat. I know pre 2.0 I capped my sent around 2000 and stacked power after that.

imho absolutely not more 100% accuracy and NOT alacrity.

generally I don't care about mainstat and its cap about crit %. we need power augments for sure, and all mods with secondary stat > main stat.

I have calculated how many points stat at full arkanian, and power is not so high.

Mmm it's not all right, we "need" to use force cloak to maximize dps, it's drop another blackout.

Yes our force regen is better but we still need shadow respite.

Oh I do need to use shadow's respite from blackout, however I have never found I am force deprived in my rotation even when focusing on maximum burst. I am sure when I get into more challenging content I will need this info though, thanks!

Oh I do need to use shadow's respite from blackout, however I have never found I am force deprived in my rotation even when focusing on maximum burst. I am sure when I get into more challenging content I will need this info though, thanks!

Me too ( 5/35/5 ) but with force cloak you have 2more "blackout" => less saber strikes => more dps. (slightly yes..but always more!) and since we aren't the best dps class we need all tools to maximize our dps.

ps: a tips if u don't know, if u use reusable medpack you can use N times with N force cloak u used in a single fight.

My stats are:

734.5 Bonus Damage

25.22% Crit

67.8% Surge

Armor penetration has nothing to do with the changes to boss defenses. Armor and Defense are two very different things. Armor pen bypasses Armor (which is arguably less important on boss fights anyway due to armor debuffs) - Additional armor pen is not equivalent to accuracy.

Additionally, outside of stacking main stat, focusing on getting both bonus dmg and crit up is a give take, considering the choice on mods/enhancements is always crit or power - never both.

Edited by Typeslice

I am enjoying these stats right now (Melee, Buffed, Min Maxed - MK-6 Augmented 69's):

Bonus DMG: 764

Accuracy: 94.5%

Crit Chance: 30.94%

Crit Mult: 75%

What crit rating are you using to get almost 31% crit chance? Are you relying on mainstat augs to get it that high? I'd love to get my crit to 31% so that with force synergy my shadow strike would have a 40% chance to crit.

Also, does having 2 stacks of circling shadows raise crit multiplier of SS from 30% to 60% vs just 1 stack? Or does the "stacks up to 2 times" phrase only apply to the cost reduction of Project?

What crit rating are you using to get almost 31% crit chance? Are you relying on mainstat augs to get it that high? I'd love to get my crit to 31% so that with force synergy my shadow strike would have a 40% chance to crit.

Also, does having 2 stacks of circling shadows raise crit multiplier of SS from 30% to 60% vs just 1 stack? Or does the "stacks up to 2 times" phrase only apply to the cost reduction of Project?

You can get a large amount of crit from your mainstat, however you need to be seriously geared to stack it enough. Otherwise your just wasting putting crit in your gear atm.

It does stack which is why it is always important to proc your shadow strike after that, so then you can get very large burst dps numbers on the ability, even if in low gear. In my rotation it makes 1/4 of my dp10s in one hit.