How to PVP as a Jedi Guardian in defense spec.

Dragonexadon

I would second a request previously made for a more detailed gearing guide.

Should Defense Guardians in PvP wear tank or DPS gear? If Tank gear, which defensive stats are preferred, defense or shield/absorb? Since the profile of the incoming damage likely is different to PvE, a different gearing strategy for defensive stats might exist. Would it actually be a worthwhile option to use PvE Tanking gear?

Btw, does defense and/or shield/absorb work when taking damage because your guarded target got hit?

Edited by Jurugu

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would second a request previously made for a more detailed gearing guide.

Should Defense Guardians in PvP wear tank or DPS gear? If Tank gear, which defensive stats are preferred, defense or shield/absorb? Since the profile of the incoming damage likely is different to PvE, a different gearing strategy for defensive stats might exist. Would it actually be a worthwhile option to use PvE Tanking gear?

Btw, does defense and/or shield/absorb work when taking damage because your guarded target got hit?

This would be great info. Im gearing my alt and aiming for vindicator but farming as tank with dps gear and not using a shield. Dmg around 2-300k and usually higher in protection.Im not using shield because i dont wanna be a pure "meatshield" maybe im selfish but im enjoying the game more this way and (if im getting healed ofc) i also usually force enemies to either flee or die when they focus on my guarded target. My gramma=useless but im sure i made my points clear.

Edited by SWEtree

Is it just me, or does debilitate not work? I seem to have plenty of people run out of my master strike.

Was trying some vilig specc a night. Tha tnight 4 ppl ran out from i tbut i dont know if they use CC-breaker. So i cant comfirm if its broken.

Edited by SWEtree

Do not click the above link. It is SWTOR referral program fraud.

Also I want to take this time to alert everyone of a forum rule. Due to the possible "trick" nature of using your referral link to trick someone into unintentionally becoming your referral, we are not allowing use of your referral links here on the forums until this issue is resolved. Whether that is being honest about what the link is, or trying to hide it, it will be removed. Any egregious breach of this rule can result in infraction points.