PvP 'DPS' Immortal Build 32/7/2

Schwarzwald

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on average, when I'm full immo I'll normally sit on average somewhere around 220-250k damage with anywhere from 30-80k defense on average. maybe higher numbers in either of those if I was focusing more on somethign really hard and what not.

as hybrid 18/23 immo veng, If i'm healed and playing well I'll do up to like 350k damage and maybe squeeze in at least 30k defense. but the longer I'm in soresu, my damage drops dramatically.

Most huttballs though, I am usually lower on the damage end because I focus on playing the objective. I'll maybe have 150k damage but I'll have around 10-15k objective points.

im loving the 18 23 spec so far, feel like the control is almost as good as full immortal and the dps is a bit better. any tips for fighting assasins 1v1 btw ? and taking down healers ? i struggle vs operative and sorc healers, cant seem to get enough damage in on them

if i lead in with BH or FC i won't get my smashes interrupted either (just sayin');)

edit/update: my tests yesterday on the L50 pvp dummy for my build/gear/etc. showed that 2 smashes roughly equaled 1 ravage on average total damage. i can easily get off 2 of them for every 1 ravage (w/3 secs to spare). the question then becomes, do i want AoE over single target? fortunately with my build i can have both of them talented, so it's a moot point (for me).

Interesting, I tested on a dummy as well and found that over 4 minutes hitting smash on CD vs Hitting ravage on CD i got 2.5 times more damage from ravage vs hitting smash. I Would say that adding a fudge factor that takes into account that the third hit of ravage wont hit every time in PVP and you will get multiple hits from each Smash, I would call it a wash in real pvp.

Also I tested hitting Crushing Blow on CD, which i do in PVP, I got about 1.75 times the damage i was getting from smash on CD,

Ravage: 52K (1754 avg tick, 3681 max)

Crushing Blow: 37.5K ( 2355 avg, 3402max)

Smash: 22K (1232 avg 1810max)

All hits with 5 sunders up. Also, when I asked about heavy hitters, this is what I meant, what ability could you possibly have that could hit as hard as CB early in a fight? Yes Vicious throw can hit that hard, but it is a finisher.

What do you guys think of this build? http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101RrGzkzZfRr0rhdzM.1

Would you say it is better or worse than the immortal one for Tank/ Support with some DPS? I think it loses the CC because of the lack of backhand, but it gains in damage with Impale and Savagery. Do you guys have any observations? I'm a new Juggernaut and I kinda came up with the build above without researching much, so wanted to get some feedback. Thanks!

What do you guys think of this build? http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101RrGzkzZfRr0rhdzM.1

Would you say it is better or worse than the immortal one for Tank/ Support with some DPS? I think it loses the CC because of the lack of backhand, but it gains in damage with Impale and Savagery. Do you guys have any observations? I'm a new Juggernaut and I kinda came up with the build above without researching much, so wanted to get some feedback. Thanks!

sonic barrier is better then deafening defense imo

Edited by Schwarzwald

Interesting observation, I think it's completely valid. Defense wise it might be the case that sonic barrier is better and will reduce more incoming damage, deafening defense is really only useful when I pop Enraged Defense. But I still took Deafening Defense for the reduction on the cooldown of Intimidating Roar, I use it so much and 15 seconds is a lot for a cooldown like that, I use it 20% more often basically, which can make a difference even though it's situational (and bad pugs always break the fear).

I'll keep this build for some time, get more practice with it, get more gear. Then I'll change the talents as you suggest to get Sonic Barrier and feel the difference. Since I've not been playing for too long with this class and build if I changed it now I probably wouldn't notice the difference on the "feel" of the class.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Question for the OP -

Based on your 31/6/4 build; Do you think it would be alright to keep 2/2 revenge and take from blade barricade perhaps 1/3?

Revenge stacks up to 3x, are you just not needing the extra rage? Or are you not parrying/deflecting/shielding/resisting enough for it to be worth the pts in PVP?

6% more defense for 6seconds only after using retaliation doesn't seem all that good.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101RrGdkdrzfzZcMzZMM.1

Edited by GravityKills

I disagree, this is the build you want to use if you want to be Soresu PvP (using pull dps gear and either shield or focus depending on your needs):

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101rMGdzzZsMrMrhdzM.1

If you want an explanation why, please message me, othewise I'll not spend the time explaining as in my experience people rarely care ;)

Thanks a lot, no need to explain, I understood the reasons for the changes you suggested, minor but important, a nice fine tuning. I'll be adjusting the spec I have ASAP. Thanks again :)

Hi,

I dont post that often but I do read the forums a bit. I am building a Jugg and he is only lvl 21 so I don't have alot of experience with him yet but I was wondering what kind of mileage you could get out of a build 14/25/2 build.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/juggernaut/#::fdefe3fe3fefe3f2ef3e2f4e2cf2efefef12ef6

I was thinking it might be a good way to take advantage of some of the control in Immortal and mix it with the DPS of Vengence along with a couple points in Rage to benefit the most from the zero cost Smashs.

Any thoughts or critiques are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

I dont post that often but I do read the forums a bit. I am building a Jugg and he is only lvl 21 so I don't have alot of experience with him yet but I was wondering what kind of mileage you could get out of a build 14/25/2 build.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/juggernaut/#::fdefe3fe3fefe3f2ef3e2f4e2cf2efefef12ef6

I was thinking it might be a good way to take advantage of some of the control in Immortal and mix it with the DPS of Vengence along with a couple points in Rage to benefit the most from the zero cost Smashs.

Any thoughts or critiques are much appreciated.

Thanks!

I honestly don't think the extra damage on Smash makes much of a difference in this spec, I think the instant Force Choke without having to channel increases your efficiency more, it's great to kill dying healers (Force Choke then Ravage). My spec is this one:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101rMGdzzZsMrMrhdzM.1

Basically, Keep same points in vengeance tree, remove the 2 points on Decimate, put on on Quake and one on Force Grip at the Immortal tree.

Thanks for the tip. Yah, I wasn't sure how much mileage I would get out of those two Smash points but a 20% dmg increase seemed like alot. I am running full Immortal atm and you are right, the unchanneled force choke is pretty beast when coupled with ravage so I think that would be a good use of those last two points.

Much appreciated.

Hi Schwarzwald,

Thanks for the great post to start this thread off.

A question. I just dinged level 40 and bought all the Savagery gear. I levelled Vengeance, but run a regular PvP group with my work mates. Obviously I want to help them as best I can, and your philosophy about being viable by locking players down makes a lot of sense. Will a partial version of your spec, say if I put the full 31 points I currently have into Immortal, give me enough of the viability of the tanking juggernaut you describe? Or until I reach 50 am I better off just smashing people's faces with rage? I love the idea of being a prot warrior, but I also dont want to be useless if Ive specced into this too early.

Thanks!

How would this build handle tanking hard mode flash points? Since we can't dual spec, I'm looking for a build that can suit both PvE tanking as well as PvP. Alternatively, how would a more traditional PvE Immortal build (e.g. 31/8/2) do in PvP compared to this build? They don't seem ridiculously far off.

• 4 weeks later...
I've been loving this spec since I hit 50 with my Jugg a few weeks back, and am wondering if anyone has checked to see how it is effected by the changes in 1.3?

Just read the notes and you'll know that if the 1.3 changes to juggernaut go live, you should NOT ever use this build for pvp. Heck, I wouldn't use it for pve either.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
For some reason when i click on the link that takes me to your skill tree t only shows me a build 17/4/2 for lvl 32s i was wondering is there is one for lvl 50

This happens because his build was made when the talent calculator was from an older version, this is an old thread and OP never updated it with a new link. This build is not really viable anymore in WZs, if you wanna tank go 16/25/0.

Edited by carlosg