Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please no more 2xp (double experience)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Please no more 2xp (double experience)

theUndead
04.28.2014 , 09:11 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelenan View Post
I agree with the OP. Please stop the double experience in this game. I know it's an effort to get people to play, but your killing the content! I out level everything so fast the content becomes not fun at all when you just blaze through it because your level is to high for it.
Please let people experience the content and stop the double exp weeks all together. If people want to gain experience that fast let them buy it from the cartel market.
You really are killing you game by doing this!

All the content you have made means nothing to you by doing this! You are making me sad.
Deal with it. Most people like it and the people do not are a minority. The game is NOT being killed at all, but rather more people actually play.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

Boccanon
04.29.2014 , 01:10 AM | #22
Since u have the option to level many characters, the leveling part is just annoying for many players. It's kinda fun the 2-3 first chars, but the 9 I have for example have been a pain in the but to level. Kuat Drive Yards for 6-7 hours in a row is a drag beyond words, but I'm kinda forced to do it during double xp weekends unless I wanna spend the double amount of that time to level up in the ordinary fashion.
You should have the option to start at level 1, 25 or 50 if you have a char that is 55. Then those that like the leveling part can start on level 1 and some can start on level 25 and some who just want to get to know their new class and it's abillities will be able to do that from level 50-55.
Think first, act later...

Adaliaya
04.29.2014 , 01:53 AM | #23
Ability to turn it off would be good indeed but seriously, if its so bad just play 55 toon - problem solved

Cotlu-Hunlon
04.29.2014 , 01:29 PM | #24
For the past few DoubleXP weekends - even worse since it's 3/4 days - I only play on my 55s to prevent any characters I'm levelling from being so far ahead and making all the missions greyed out.

I have no interest in levelling from 10-55 in Kuat in a weekend, you're left with a character with no crafting, bad gear, no comps, none of the orange piece quest rewards (I collect them on all my toons) - and most importantly for me - every single planet you visit afterwards has no taxis / quicktravel points, the map is uncovered and there's quest markers everywhere. You don't give your toon any solid foundations.

Please give a checkbox to turn off the 2xp, it really does stop me playing.

Bao-Dur veteran

The Nostalgia Thread - Come live in December 2011 with me

OddballEasyEight
04.29.2014 , 01:38 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jobeleca View Post
If you mouse over the 2XP you'll see that rested XP isn't applied or consumed during the double XP event. What this means is that subscribers are still getting their normal XP during double xp events, only F2P people are getting double their normal XP.
You are one of many that are confused about the rested XP bonus.

Rested xp only applies to NPC kills.
So you get double xp for anything you kill in the game.
But you don't get double xp for anything else. That means you don't get double xp for missions, sidequests, PvP kills, exploration, lore, GSF and whatever else there is.

Double XP weekends, however, double ALL the xp gained.

As for ending double xp weekends, I would probably stop playing if they did that. I don't have time to play the game as much as I'd like to so these double xp weekends are a chance for me to catch up.
I really don't get the people who say they outlevel the content as if that's a bad thing.
The only content that isn't repeated is the class stories. And you can't outlevel them by only doing them even on a double xp weekend.
All other content is repeated content.
Granted, the side missions are different depending on the faction, but if you have played one character to 55 on each side, you have pretty much seen all the content beyond the class content.

In other words, what people are complaining about is that they are reaching end-game too fast which just makes no sense to me (and I don't even play end-game). Why would you want to play the same content over and over?

And even if you do, you could just play your lvl 55's during the double xp weekends or even just skip most of the content you've already played before and concentrate on the storyline.
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

OddballEasyEight
04.29.2014 , 01:40 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cotlu-Hunlon View Post
For the past few DoubleXP weekends - even worse since it's 3/4 days - I only play on my 55s to prevent any characters I'm levelling from being so far ahead and making all the missions greyed out.

I have no interest in levelling from 10-55 in Kuat in a weekend, you're left with a character with no crafting, bad gear, no comps, none of the orange piece quest rewards (I collect them on all my toons) - and most importantly for me - every single planet you visit afterwards has no taxis / quicktravel points, the map is uncovered and there's quest markers everywhere. You don't give your toon any solid foundations.

Please give a checkbox to turn off the 2xp, it really does stop me playing.
You don't HAVE to level using Kuat.
You could just play the missions on the planets. That would give you gear, comps and orange piece quest rewards. And the taxi points would be unlocked too.
All you have to do to stay on-level is to skip some of the side quests and not do the heroics.
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.

OddballEasyEight
04.29.2014 , 01:41 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelenan View Post
I agree with the OP. Please stop the double experience in this game. I know it's an effort to get people to play, but your killing the content! I out level everything so fast the content becomes not fun at all when you just blaze through it because your level is to high for it.
Please let people experience the content and stop the double exp weeks all together. If people want to gain experience that fast let them buy it from the cartel market.
You really are killing you game by doing this!

All the content you have made means nothing to you by doing this! You are making me sad.
Killing the game... HAH!
So you are telling me that the double xp weekends where I always see at least 3-4 times more people playing than normally, are killing the game?
Yeah, that makes sense

varactylking
04.29.2014 , 01:46 PM | #28
As an alt-a-holic, I love Double xp weekends. I've never experienced a game where there is such a strong hatred for these events. I'm all for finding a way to let people who don't want them get out of them, but I think they should absolutely stay.
Wanna know my feelings on online gaming?

Proud player of SWG (May she RIP), SWTOR, and LOTRO!

Sarfux
04.29.2014 , 01:47 PM | #29
Double xp ruining the game. Now I've heard everything. I guess it's true, somebody, somewhere will always try and find a way to turn a positive fun experience into a depressing, dimly lit hole where nothing can escape.
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

DawnAskham
04.29.2014 , 02:12 PM | #30
I'm all for options, so giving the players who don't like Double XP the option to turn it off would be an improvement, though I assume if that it were easy to give players an opt out, it would have been done by now.

Anyways, as others said if you really want to play your lowbies during Double XP Weekend, just skip some of the side missions while doing your story and planet missions and you'll be fine.

Also I wonder how many of these 'Double XP Ruins the Game' people are in guilds with bonus XP, have legacy XP boosts unlocked, and / or level while having rested XP.