Buff Dirty Fighting (scoundrel)

GamingVertigo

Now im not saying we should buff the damage of dirty fighting for scoundrel all i think that a range increase for both Hemorrhaging blast and Wounding Shots to 30m and quick shot as well so we arent completely useless at range and can do some moderate damage to make it more on par with other classes.

10m is too short of a range and doesnt really make a difference from 4m the standard of of melee abilities.

Comment if you have something to add or in contradiction (contructive please). :D

Honestly, my opinion is that if you wanted range you should have rolled gunslinger. DF probably needs a buff for scoundrels, but not in terms of range.

Thanks for impressing us with your first hand experience. How's that lvl 20 shadow doing?

Dirty Fighting has no way to proc UH/TA except for the same way that Scrapper/Concealment do, without the big damage buffs to that range of combat, along with having a combat system based entirely on a damage type that can be purged entirely.

Thanks for impressing us with your first hand experience. How's that lvl 20 shadow doing?

You know I havent updated my signature since the first day of the early access, proberly should. And I was speaking in terms of a gunslinger; ranged is our domain. It'd be like the Guardians shared tree allowing you to use two lightsabers.

Edited by Shardie

DF Scoundrels don't need longer range on their 10m abilities, they need a way to generate UHs from 10m instead of being forced to fight within 4m. Ranged UH generation (crit bleeds, perhaps?) and then Quick Shot getting a cost reduction from Rough & Tumble too would be all it takes to let us fight effectively at 10m now they have given us a fix for the 'cleanse and we can't hurt you' issue.

You know I havent updated my signature since the first day of the early access, proberly should. And I was speaking in terms of a gunslinger; ranged is our domain. It'd be like the Guardians shared tree allowing you to use two lightsabers.

I have a BM guardian thank you. I don't need "two lightsabers" to fight effectively (and the fact that you even made that comment gets you a VIP pass to the short bus), but having some sort of ranged proc for UH/TA is needed for dirty fighting/lethality. They are not a melee class like scrap/conceal, so they shouldn't be reliant on melee abilities.

Course I don't know why I bother. 90% of this forum is populated with braindead blowhards with zero experience yet all the answers.

90% of this forum is populated with braindead blowhards with zero experience yet all the answers.

Why are you talking 'bout yourself?

She's right, Scoundrels do need to settle for less range with all their healing and stealth, and yeah I have no experience (look at my sig although I got pretty far into act one with my BH but then rerolled to create a legacy and was bored of Tharbine:p), but I've seen the skill trees and it appears the one thing gunslinger have against scoundrels is their burst dps and range

Edited by Sacrmeno

Only Upperhand generating ability need to range buff.

Wounding Shots (10m) require Upper Hand but Blaster Wipe (4m, add 1 UH) is melee lol.

So for burst need to go in melee 4m.

Wow, you got to level 60? How'd you manage that?

Wow, you got to level 60? How'd you manage that?

Beat me to it! I want to know too! If I was lvl 60, the dailies would be a cake walk! :eek:

These guys are talking about scoundrel/gunslinger differences like everyone knows everything about them before they make the choice. But there is so very little actually revealed unless maybe you shell out cash for a guide, cause BW sure isn't talking. Their descriptions and tips are sketchy at best. 99% of what I've learned about different classes has come from rolling an alt and playing.

At least WoW allowed add-ons which made 3rd party databases possible. Need better gear? you can find what you need and how to get it. SWTOR's 3rd party dbases are doing good to have items listed! No info whatsoever about where to buy, or what mob drops it, or what quest.

And experienced players? Talking down to people like everything should be obvious and using short-hand and abbreviations only other super-gamers understand.

Heck, I'd love it if someone would just show me a good key layout that lets me use my abilities efficiently. Even that I've had to do by trial and error. Mostly error.:mad:

Edited by JacksonMo