Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change back the changes!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Change back the changes!

Raazmir
Yesterday , 04:23 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by AocaVII View Post
Triple posting, I'm going to go to jail for this. I'm using this as a distraction atm forgive me LOL

IDK what to say LMAO when no one is quing and people are waiting for a pop for 10 mins maybe then they will understand. These are the signs I've seen in other games just before the pvp dies. Apparently people need to see it happen to believe.
PVPers are like 2% of the population (according to THEM when they put in arenas), and at the end of the day the amount of ****s they have to give for their complaints is proportional to the amount of work required to keep them happy.

Here's a hard to swallow pill.

PVP dying would outright improve the game environment for more players than it would ruin it for.
Mk'dermott 55 Sniper
Makkant 55 powertech

Aeneas_Falco
Yesterday , 05:00 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
No, the requirement to win is fine.
This.

I can understand the frustration if someone is pugging it and they're up against premade that is playing to win for a change, but not every match is going to be a solo player with 7 other puggers versus premade teams. Play enough and you'll also get pug vs pug matches or get the premade on your team while the opponents are all puggers. It all balances out in the end.

Rolling back this change would only revert Regs to it's 5.0 state, where most of the premade teams were just mindlessly number farming and were a detriment to whatever team they landed on. Not that deathmatching was any less prevalent among puggers than premades, but a premade that wasn't playing to win was sandbagging their team with 3 or 4 players that were dead weight. Sometimes you had better odds with a pug team.

Things are better now and more competitive.

Sappharan
Yesterday , 06:04 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Raazmir View Post
PVPers are like 2% of the population (according to THEM when they put in arenas), and at the end of the day the amount of ****s they have to give for their complaints is proportional to the amount of work required to keep them happy.

Here's a hard to swallow pill.

PVP dying would outright improve the game environment for more players than it would ruin it for.
Your posting history suggests that you enjoy PvP...a lot. So why the PvP vitriol?

Raazmir
Yesterday , 08:08 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
Your posting history suggests that you enjoy PvP...a lot. So why the PvP vitriol?
Because the playerbase dramatically overestimates its role in the game and value to the community. Its a small, loudly needy group that continually demands attention far outside the bounds of how much money it brings in, and far FAR outside the bounds of its value as an advertisement to play and pay for the game. If pvpers want big changes and a lot of resource attention to their problems and desires they need to be a big portion of the population, which begins by not being one of the most unpleasant communities online to newcomers.
Mk'dermott 55 Sniper
Makkant 55 powertech

Raansu
Yesterday , 09:52 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
However, after 2 hours of PvPing, I am still at 0/1 for the daily. Rep side is completely outmatched. Not even remotely did we have a chance in any of the played warzones.
1.) 2 hours with no wins? I highly doubt that is true.

2.) There are no factions in pvp anymore. Teams are mixed with imps and reps.

-Bob-
Yesterday , 10:16 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
I tried PvPing again after a longer break, trying to get my last missing valor ranks.

However, after 2 hours of PvPing, I am still at 0/1 for the daily. Rep side is completely outmatched. Not even remotely did we have a chance in any of the played warzones.
did someone pay you to come in here and bash pvp?
Factions have been mixed for quite some time now.
you clearly don't know what you're talking about and can't be taken seriously.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link
Wound in the force/The Bastion/Harbinger/SS

Sappharan
Yesterday , 10:40 PM | #57
Because the playerbase dramatically overestimates its role in the game and value to the community. Its a small, loudly needy group that continually demands attention far outside the bounds of how much money it brings in, and far FAR outside the bounds of its value as an advertisement to play and pay for the game.
I am going to strawman for emphasis: Do you expect us to lay down and accept the glaring imbalances in the game? You're probably right that PvP community complains a little too much. Ironically, I have seen you complain about the complainers in a few of your years old posts. Fair enough...all of the complaints are kinda buzz killing, but they're (the complaints) also subjective. Who is the final arbiter of what is a legitimate complaint and what is not? The developers I suppose...but the more people complain about the complainers, the more discordant the community becomes. That's the problem with your grievance versus our right to petition the developers for corrections to perceived flaws. Debate is healthy and good as long as there is mutual respect during the disagreements...which leads me to the point I agree with you about:

If pvpers want big changes and a lot of resource attention to their problems and desires they need to be a big portion of the population, which begins by not being one of the most unpleasant communities online to newcomers.
Now, it depends on where you encounter the unpleasantness, but if you're referencing the ranked problems (vote removal and the verbal abuse that comes from not playing to expectations) then I completely agree with you. Even in regs people get nasty at times, and it is definitely NOT going to encourage new players into the mix. However, if you're mostly referring to the forum community, I agree that we need more mutual respect for differing opinions, and informed opinions are often more valid, but still, we circle back to my first point...