Now give us all Cross Faction maps

TrixxieTriss

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I wont carrie useless reps in regs. 2/10, nothing to discuss here

Factional racism? You DO realize that many players play both factions? I am quite sure that if I make a shadow tank I will be as skilled with it as I am with my sin. And have you never met useless imps?

Are you also claiming to have never lost to reps? Even if you would say something such as "if I lost they were premade" or "if reps win its only because they have more healers", both answers still support cross-faction because it is a solution. Even if one group gets 5 healers versus 0 healers as a result of the mismatchmaking, now everyone regardless of something meaningless such as faction has 50% chance to be on either side. Even if you say "tbh no, imps ALWAYS win versus reps" it is a reason to do cross-faction to even the odds of both groups.

I upvote the OP. Good idea, and do it in solo ranked and GSF too (too bad it is impossible in TR... Oh well, one place for the faction-elitists to retreat to :p)

First rep to post a picture of himself carrying the quoted number-wise or even better objective-wise (solo capped a node to turn the tide, for example) will do us a great service for proving the point. Any skill gap faction-wise is incidental.

You are giving up on solutions to mitigate faction imbalance that have been offered in the past.

No, we are just presenting one that is proven to work and non-damaging to any core part of the game.

Also, I am in full support of this thread.

Edited by Evolixe

No, we are just presenting one that is proven to work and non-damaging to any core part of the game.
And it seems like one of the solutions we have the most hope (but still rather little, imo) of actually bullying bioware into implementing. It's what, year 6 of swtor? We've gotta be pragmatic in our asks Edited by yellow_

I do support this request, however there is a monkey wrench that will probably prevent it from ever happening: Warzones do have a story behind them...

The short version is that in ACW, Denova, Voidstar, and Hypergate both factions are attempting to gain a strategic advantage over the other. Do all the WZs become "simulations" like when both sides are the same faction?

OPG and Yavin also have story behind them but have been tailored to be faction neutral and therefore cross-faction works.

Solo ranked needs to be cross faction as well.

Speaking of which, I am recruiting people to help me spam it in SWTOR's twitch chat whenever they're live. :cool:

yes...Yes...YES!

Out of all quality of life improvements this would be one of the highest value IMO. They hopefully go this route before the population dwindles down in the upcoming years.

I don't see this breaking any story elements, and it would actually make more sense if the arena sense of things.

I do support this request, however there is a monkey wrench that will probably prevent it from ever happening: Warzones do have a story behind them...

The short version is that in ACW, Denova, Voidstar, and Hypergate both factions are attempting to gain a strategic advantage over the other. Do all the WZs become "simulations" like when both sides are the same faction?

OPG and Yavin also have story behind them but have been tailored to be faction neutral and therefore cross-faction works.

Look, I understand where you are coming from. I really do.

But at this point in time, given all the problems separating factions creates, it shouldn't stop us from making this change. It doesn't matter if it doesn't make 100% sense story wise, it's a mechanical change that can and will literally positively affect the games population and overall state.

The story can be worked through easily. Just pick one of the wargame scenraios used when it is imp vs imp or rep vs rep. Most of them don't sound too imperial or republic, so it will make no problem.

Even if there are few inconsistencies, well, the current droid vendor in hypergate and voidstar will tell EVERYONE

"off to destroy the republic?", and you have 50% for satele shan to announce "you are unbeatable" in imp versus imp warzones. [And while we are at it, Jedi consulars and smugglers have Risha's and zenith's random comment on Hoth accidentally swapped, speaking of illogical lines :D] Nobody cares about these, so they can survive a random line or two making less sense

I'm in favor of the factions remaining separate because sometimes I enjoy playing against Imps when I'm on a Rep toon or vice versa, but I'd love to see the system implement an across the board cross faction queue if the number of people in the queue (particularly Reps) was small enough.

Cross faction when the number of people in the queue was low would increase pop times, but people who prefer separate faction PVP can still get their Rep or Imp killing in when the population was there to support it.

Tl;dr version: Why not both?

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I'm in favor of the factions remaining separate because sometimes I enjoy playing against Imps when I'm on a Rep toon or vice versa, but I'd love to see the system implement an across the board cross faction queue if the number of people in the queue (particularly Reps) was small enough.

Cross faction when the number of people in the queue was low would increase pop times, but people who prefer separate faction PVP can still get their Rep or Imp killing in when the population was there to support it.

Tl;dr version: Why not both?

That would kind of defeat the purpose. Which is to balance out the factions not just in numbers, but also in strength.

Forget about it. My dark sith will never ally with this retched republic. You are doomed? For the dark side

If there is an RP problem, then it is already odd that a light sith would be matched with a dark sith rather than against them. Light sith are practically lighter than light Jedi, and a light hunter can literally betray and kill a sith lord for the sake of the republic.

No, PVP was never about logical role-playing. It would make more sense to make PVP DvL based and not faction based if that was the case...

That would kind of defeat the purpose. Which is to balance out the factions not just in numbers, but also in strength.

On Star Forge it's fairly balanced in the latter, so I don't really see across the board cross-faction queues as necessary for either side to get wins. On that server if you solo pug equally on both factions (and I do) the wins and losses are more or less the same regardless of what faction you queue on. Of course sometimes one faction can go on a run but in the end it seems to balance out. I think Reps win slightly more often, usually because they have more heals or skanks, but not to the extent that the devs need to step in and fix things. If Reps have an edge it is very slight.

One faction completely dominating the other is mainly a Satele Shan thing, where Imps usually ROFLstomp Pubs, and that could be solved by some good PVPers starting to queue on Rep side toons. Instead everyone stacks Imp and worsens the problem.

I'm in favor of across the board cross faction queues but only to reduce queue times when necessary.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Imp domination is mainly a <every other server> thing, and that could be solved by some good PVPers starting to queue on Rep side toons. Instead everyone stacks Imp and worsens the problem.

You don't say? The problem is that isn't going to happen and crossfaction queues fix the problem in a heartbeat.

Edited by Evolixe

Yes it is. And its not going to change, so the game has to change it for them.

There is no argument here, so what are you trying to say?

I made my point clear in my first two posts in this thread.

You disagree. Time to move on.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Whilst I can see the merits of this, this is Star Wars. Republic vs the Empire. Bioware killed of OWPVP because people were whining that they had to pvp on a pvp server.....

The joined "alliance" story was bad enough, now people want cross faction everything. When they get that, next it will be, just make the game have one class, to prevent class imbalance, it gives all players an equal chance etc etc.

Notice I am just listing the reason's you lot gave for cross faction PVP?

Then it will be just make the only class in the game have one single ability, due to some abilities being far more powerful than others.

We may as well just sit in a dark room with our eyes shut, sitting on our hands and not breathing.

If you want no factions, go play a MOBA like League of Legends etc.

It's bad enough they removed almost all stats from the game because people were too incompetent to realise that Sniper's did not need strength, and that a merc healer in a dps cell wasn't going very far. Also apparently it was too hard for people to work out how much surge they needed also?

The dumbing down of almost everything in this is game is becoming painful. Lets not start messing with the fundamentals of Star Wars as well now please.