Reminder: NVIDIA GPU users can edit the look and feel SWTOR

ShieldProtection

WARNING/ACHTUNG: This thread covers a bit part of a computer graphics card driver feature, if your a casual user of your computer then this NOT meant for you. High/average level of computer experience required, if you mess up your computer I will not be held responsible,

For anyone who does not know or aware, if you have nvidia graphics card in your computer and its a desktop and higher than GTX 800 series (notebook laptop support may not be fully supported) you can indeed edit and change the look of your game but it needs to be officially supported by NVIDIA Freestyle, its the name of the technology provided by NVIDIA aka your graphics card driver. All happens via your graphics card, just make sure its a modern GPU and somewhat recent drivers and GeForce Experience software comes with your graphics card driver.

You can add things like sharpen, contrast etc,

Right click NVIDIA (green icon) on down right corner aka tray bar on your windows 10, click geforce experience, you must have an NVIDIA account to use this tech feature, login after the bot check. Click settings or on the main page inside the geforce experience, down below, click the switch to enable "In game" then click its own set of settings, in pop up greenish window, make sure "Photo/Game filter" enabled by clicking on it and hit the green switch. Log into the SWTOR and use keyboard shortcuts to use NVIDIA Overlay. You can choose and change shortcuts to use in game in settings window of the GeForce Experience.

GeForce Experience is the driver-based software that includes features provided by your graphics card manufacturer. If you choose to install only driver in a possible previous driver setup, you may be missing it, sadly you have to reinstall your GPU driver as far as I know, let me know if its possible to download geforce experience manually without installing the driver.

Many games are also supported by NVIDIA for usage of this feature, check NVIDIA website below for supported games list,

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/geforce-experience/games/ (use freestyle filter to see SWTOR is supported on the page)

If your a general above user of your computer you probably already know this, have fun,

(performance impact should be small since its only visual change without changing the game's graphics settings)

CAUTION: Not all NVIDIA Game Ready drivers are safe and/or stable. Use DDU tool to securely uninstall GPU drivers then install new ones. Even then if driver faulty you may have worse status with some games. Depending of your hardware it can make better or worse.

Enjoy with sharp Lana Beniko face!!!!

Or use reshade because it has way more options than Nvidia freestyle, not that the drivers program is not good but if you really wanna customize the graphics of the game reshade is the way to go...been using it for a long time now with my own preset and loving it, sky to ground difference !!! :D:D:cool:

Or use reshade because it has way more options than Nvidia freestyle, not that the drivers program is not good but if you really wanna customize the graphics of the game reshade is the way to go...been using it for a long time now with my own preset and loving it, sky to ground difference !!! :D:D:cool:

Do you have any suggestions on how to create a preset? I've tried (without putting in a massive amount of effort) reshade in the past and while it does at first-glance improve a lot, it also on default settings breaks a lot too - i.e. SH hooks, mail indicators.

Basically if you want to go with your own preset you have to deep down into it and adjust the shaders accordingly so you won't get as you said any interferences,not too much lightning or not too much bloom are over saturated colours and so on but in the end it all comes down to personal prefference. If you wanna I can give you my preset on Discord and you can check it out and see if you like it, me personally i can't play the game now without it, everytime I'm toggling it on and off I cringe so bad on how the default graphics are in the game...and I play with everything on ultra minus the AA I have it on medium cuz it's bugged XD