I'm dreaming of an Ilum SH...

I know, I've said this a dozen times on a dozen different social media platforms... I want an Ilum Stronghold. Every time I'm on that planet, the beauty just knocks me for a loop!

What I'd love to see inside (and outside):

- Glass ceilings & BIG windows for viewing that breathtaking sky

- Some serious Gray Secant rooms - the inside of that Gree ship is SICK/AWESOME!! (Maybe a room 'skin' we could purchase as a deco item? :) )

- The SH high atop a mountain with inside and outside, multi-level "rooms" and caves with lots of deco hooks (would be nice if staircases (and snowy pathways) where included in the price of a room. It's just logical :) ) Or perhaps those interactive grappling hooks that pull you over to the next mountain/hill (with even MORE caves/rooms) and back again.

- More than one starship hook - with the ability to change hook layouts as needed

- Outdoors, a few 'fortress of solitude' type 'rooms' including all those great Ilum ice/glacial shards and crystal formations - and MORE crystal formations, because I do love the crystals. Make sure they glow :)

- TONS of hooks outside - I need to place all those holo trees I got in the Life Day event! :D

- an interactive speeder that takes you on an outdoor tour around you SH (like the one on Yavin4)

- My own (interactive?) frozen pond for ice skating or hockey :D

- And don't forget the ancient Jedi temple ruins with lots of hooks! :jawa_biggrin:

Please let me know if I can help facilitate this idea in any way. :p

Edited by AmorandaAdamah
Adding idea

+1 MEGA-Signed for Ilum StrongHold. Nothing I'd want and love more in game. Hopefully BioWare undrstands that a lot of people love Ilum and want a nighttime Ilum StrongHold

I like all the OP's ideas, especially the glass ceiling & big windows where we can see the outstanding stellar skyline <3 and glowing crystals of Ilum. Sounds very modern. I agree, it'd be the best place for Life Day decos, which is my favorite event. Would love to see a ice mountainy balcony overlooking icy glacier waters. Have to have some icy waters in it. People have been wanting this StrongHold for years, and that it's a nighttime StrongHold with the most amazing skyline adds more uniqueness to what a wonderful StrongHold Ilum would be.

Edited by Willjb

I know, I've said this a dozen times on a dozen different social media platforms... I want an Ilum Stronghold. Every time I'm on that planet, the beauty just knocks me for a loop!

What I'd love to see inside (and outside):

- Glass ceilings & BIG windows for viewing that breathtaking sky

- Some serious Gray Secant rooms - the inside of that Gree ship is SICK/AWESOME!! (Maybe a room 'skin' we could purchase as a deco item? :) )

- The SH high atop a mountain with inside and outside, multi-level "rooms" and caves with lots of deco hooks (would be nice if staircases (and snowy pathways) where included in the price of a room. It's just logical :) ) Or perhaps those interactive grappling hooks that pull you over to the next mountain/hill (with even MORE caves/rooms) and back again.

- More than one starship hook - with the ability to change hook layouts as needed

- Outdoors, a few 'fortress of solitude' type 'rooms' including all those great Ilum ice/glacial shards and crystal formations - and MORE crystal formations, because I do love the crystals. Make sure they glow :)

- TONS of hooks outside - I need to place all those holo trees I got in the Life Day event! :D

- an interactive speeder that takes you on an outdoor tour around you SH (like the one on Yavin4)

- My own (interactive?) frozen pond for ice skating or hockey :D

- And don't forget the ancient Jedi temple ruins with lots of hooks! :jawa_biggrin:

Please let me know if I can help facilitate this idea in any way. :p

Signed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully Ilum will finally get its due. Add it to, when BioWare returns the planet to what it once was with the original dailies of this game that were on Ilum: the original and best dailies.

A lot of us have been waiting a very~ long time for this at the very top of the {most wanted} list.

OP, mates and I are feeling ya, big time: hopefully BioWare makes the fantastic dream a reality. It'd be a permanent boost in morale.

Edited by Willjb

they should probably do a poll, like they did for the species, was back when the cathar came out. See what people vote for, etc.

^This thread isn't about a poll. It's about an Ilum SH. Anything not Ilum related should be in another thread.

Most players don't even bother with forum (aka most of my guild (and what's left of the original crew over the decade as a guild coming from EQ2 at launch/ beta) that scoffs/ed at forum throughout the years) nor have been with this game remotely long enough to have even heard of the original dailes on Ilum at this game's prime.

This is about showing the pros of an Ilum SH:

add the SH and increase immersion by restoring actual content of the Original Dailies that players can have more diversity of gameplay would give more enjoyable content with added emersion is my point. Pretty straightforward.

Now, do I expect much from Bioware at this point: no.

Edited by Willjb

I started reading your post and about 3 lines in thought, "This person wants a 'Fortress of Solitute" and about 8 lines later, there it is!! ^^

To be honest, I think we should have strongholds all over the place, on every planet if possible, so I fully support your desire for an Ilum one, although it's not really my thang. I find the chilly dark blue ambience a bit depressing, but I can see where you are coming from. A bit...and I really hope this isn't a disparaging thing to say because it's not meant to be...Ilsa's Palace perhaps?

I can definitely see an imposing place for Sithy brooding or a place for deep contemplation for Jedi-types.

Hope they grant you your wishes. :)

I'd love to vote no on an ilum stronghold.

I am close to unlocking all the stronghold expansions, and while it appeals to some I feel inclined to say I would hate a stronghold covered in ice with so much blue and white.

I appreciate people feel differently, but I would love there not to be one.

I'd love to vote no on an ilum stronghold.

I am close to unlocking all the stronghold expansions, and while it appeals to some I feel inclined to say I would hate a stronghold covered in ice with so much blue and white.

I appreciate people feel differently, but I would love there not to be one.

^That's fine, there will never be 100% full consensus on any Stronghold.

I hate the Alderaan SH, the last one that came out. It's really hard to want to visit such a bright daytime SH for night players; also, Sith aren't known for favoring such places as we seen them in movies as they tend to be coming out more at places like DK, Mustafar, Death Star Throne Room: darker places.

The location: Alderaan and it's bright surrounding is more for pubs. The next SH should be tailored more to Sith.

Edited by Willjb

BioWare, I commend you on the new upcoming StrongHolds: great idea!:)

Please do the same for Ilum, some of us older players used to do the original Ilum dailes for many years day-in-day-out just bc we love Ilum the best and still do: it can be an apartment size as well and doesn't have to be something as massive as Alderaan or Rishi.

Edited by Willjb

• 4 weeks later...