Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Following Mandalore

Iceslasher's Avatar


Iceslasher
09.25.2018 , 02:28 PM | #1
So i was looking at Mandalorian lore the other day. Mandalore , after the eternal empire story ends, chooses to help out the jedi..now i know that kotet and kotfe were more based on the knight storyline than anyone else's but really kind of wondering if those of us who chose to be apart of Mandalore the Vindicated's clan and are then recognised as such by Mandalore the Avenger , will be able to follow her? Like my toon told Tormen "I am a Mandalorian" when she told him to shove his contract, just like she told Marr she wouldn't be exclusive. So in light of what they said for 5.0 or rather hinted? Think we get to follow her?

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
09.25.2018 , 02:37 PM | #2
No, you're still a Mandalorian but as Commander of the Eternal Alliance I doubt you'll be the one following Mandalore, The Avenger. If anything she's the one following you if you have her as a companion, albeit you can roleplay as merely 2 equals fighting together.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
09.25.2018 , 04:51 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
No, you're still a Mandalorian but as Commander of the Eternal Alliance I doubt you'll be the one following Mandalore, The Avenger. If anything she's the one following you if you have her as a companion, albeit you can roleplay as merely 2 equals fighting together.
Honestly as much as Shae Vizla didn't want to be Mandalore, I'm surprised she wouldn't ask the BH to step in and lead as Mandalore after proving him/herself on Darvanis.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
09.25.2018 , 07:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Honestly as much as Shae Vizla didn't want to be Mandalore, I'm surprised she wouldn't ask the BH to step in and lead as Mandalore after proving him/herself on Darvanis.
You raise an interesting point but that would create an issue, what if the player isn't a bounty hunter? Or if he/she is a bounty hunter but rejected joining the mandalorians on chapter 1's end? How would the story go forward for the Mandalorians and the players? Maybe I'm over-analyzing things here but I think maybe that's why they don't allow you to take control of the Mandalorians as a Mandalorian yourself, same reason I guess why you didn't take control of Shae Vizla's clan back during SOR despite having beaten her in battle.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
09.26.2018 , 06:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
You raise an interesting point but that would create an issue, what if the player isn't a bounty hunter? Or if he/she is a bounty hunter but rejected joining the mandalorians on chapter 1's end? How would the story go forward for the Mandalorians and the players? Maybe I'm over-analyzing things here but I think maybe that's why they don't allow you to take control of the Mandalorians as a Mandalorian yourself, same reason I guess why you didn't take control of Shae Vizla's clan back during SOR despite having beaten her in battle.
Hey never said I had all the answers. If a non mando either BH or otherwise, of course Shae isn't going to hand over the reigns. But if you did decide to become a mando, and shown to be a great leader in your own right, I could see Shae going "hey I'm just going to lease Clan Vizla, I say you're Mandalore now."

And you can choose to accept or decline. Or better yet if you're not already a Mando, she offers you the chance to become part of Clan Vizla. Of course she recognizes that you're still alliance commander but now your Al'iit. Part of the Mando'ade. And the others will listen.

Lots they could of done.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
09.26.2018 , 11:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Hey never said I had all the answers. If a non mando either BH or otherwise, of course Shae isn't going to hand over the reigns. But if you did decide to become a mando, and shown to be a great leader in your own right, I could see Shae going "hey I'm just going to lease Clan Vizla, I say you're Mandalore now."

And you can choose to accept or decline. Or better yet if you're not already a Mando, she offers you the chance to become part of Clan Vizla. Of course she recognizes that you're still alliance commander but now your Al'iit. Part of the Mando'ade. And the others will listen.

Lots they could of done.
Well as long as its just a class-specific thing then yeah I don't mind, but it kind of creates those issues I mentioned. Especially if it is part of a major story or something, either way I don't think they'll ever allow BH to become Mandalore unless they go back to more class-specific content and even then I think that would be a stretch. Being part of Clan Vizla though? That would be very nice.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Iceslasher's Avatar


Iceslasher
10.03.2018 , 02:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Well as long as its just a class-specific thing then yeah I don't mind, but it kind of creates those issues I mentioned. Especially if it is part of a major story or something, either way I don't think they'll ever allow BH to become Mandalore unless they go back to more class-specific content and even then I think that would be a stretch. Being part of Clan Vizla though? That would be very nice.
I can't see "Mando Bh's " taking over as Mandalore..Vizla took over because the clans needed a leader when Vindicated died (Artus) and as for non mando Bh's, ( personal assumption here) are loyal to the imps and aren't really interested in honour, glory or challenges...so they don't get what being a mando is all about. But really from a bh perspective ...kotet and kotfe didn't really make sense...we didn't try to find our family and help them first ( clans on the heart worlds), we just let Theron and Lana run the show and acted like puppy dogs doing as we were told. At least in the chpt we could tell Lana where to go, and she does state we have a larger concern then just our own pple. So there was that. But really , in the case of female bh's ...We are not only Mandalorian via Mandalore the Vindicated but also by marriage to Torian Cadera..so doubly invested. Besides in lore, Clan Vizla rules for a very long time, that is how the mess with the "true mandalorians and the nightwatch (is that the name?) comes around later.

Arumyr's Avatar


Arumyr
10.14.2018 , 10:30 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
You raise an interesting point but that would create an issue, what if the player isn't a bounty hunter? Or if he/she is a bounty hunter but rejected joining the mandalorians on chapter 1's end? How would the story go forward for the Mandalorians and the players? Maybe I'm over-analyzing things here but I think maybe that's why they don't allow you to take control of the Mandalorians as a Mandalorian yourself, same reason I guess why you didn't take control of Shae Vizla's clan back during SOR despite having beaten her in battle.
Okay, so here enlies the rule of choice:

For example, here's how it could go

Shae Vizla: "To be honest with you, hunter, I never wanted to be Mandalore. Sometimes, I wish someone else would take the responsibility from me. I am glad people look up to me and follow my lead, but... It's a bigger burden than I expected."
Player:
- Let me help you. (Become Mandalore path)
- Must be tough. (Flirt)
- You brought this on yourself. (Refuse Mandalore path)

Just as a possibility.
Leader of Clan Tal'haat, Triumvir of the Nau'ur kad Aliit

Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/YymgJj -- feel free to use it!