EP III questions....

Why was Grevious coughing so much? Always wondered that. He was mostly machine so yea.

Also, what if Anakin chose to try to kill Sidious himself when he revealed himself to him? Would Sidious have been forced to then wthpwn him & lose his apprentice? Rework his plan?

Why didn't Tyrannus even TRY to protest before he was executed? In spite of his master's betraying him, spill to Anakin or Obi Wan? I might have.

Why was Grevious coughing so much? Always wondered that. He was mostly machine so yea.

Also, what if Anakin chose to try to kill Sidious himself when he revealed himself to him? Would Sidious have been forced to then wthpwn him & lose his apprentice? Rework his plan?

Why didn't Tyrannus even TRY to protest before he was executed? In spite of his master's betraying him, spill to Anakin or Obi Wan? I might have.

1. The technology wasn't advanced enough and Windu crushing his chest in the mini TCW series made it even worse.

2. More then likely, Sidious would have killed Anakin.

3. He believed up until the very end, that him and Sidious would turn Anakin over to the darkside.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

1. The technology wasn't advanced enough and Windu crushing his chest in the mini TCW series made it even worse.

2. More then likely, Sidious would have killed Anakin.

3. He believed up until the very end, that him and Sidious would turn Anakin over to the darkside.

@1. Also Grievous was meant to be an imperfection of the technology that makes Vader.

I am not sure if Sidious would have killed Anakin though, I think he pinned alot of his hopes on Anakin (why he kept him around after Mustafar), either he would have killed him or tortured him/threatened to kill or hurt Padme. Sidious was a manipulater and I think that makes the second option more of a possibility. I don't know though, you can never tell with Sidious. Edited by Tuscad

I just would have loved Anakin to hit out a force lightning sometime and catch himself by surprise which would have starting ticking his mind over to the fact that he was losing control. Would have been great in the Dooku fight.

Actually, that was my original explanation as well, but The Clone Wars has shown that to be untrue. The Tartakovsky Clone Wars shows Windu crushing Grievous's chest with the force during Grievous's escape with Chancellor Palpatine, which led directly into the beginning of Episode III. However, in The Clone Wars (which takes place BETWEEN Episodes II and III) Grievous has been shown coughing as well.

@1. Also Grievous was meant to be an imperfection of the technology that makes Vader.

Tuscad is correct that Lucas wanted to show the imperfection of the technology that was eventually used on Anakin (which also had raspy breathing).

Edited by Jaavik

Actually, that was my original explanation as well, but The Clone Wars has shown that to be untrue. The Tartakovsky Clone Wars shows Windu crushing Grievous's chest with the force during Grievous's escape with Chancellor Palpatine, which led directly into the beginning of Episode III. However, in The Clone Wars (which takes place BETWEEN Episodes II and III) Grievous has been shown coughing as well.

Tuscad is correct that Lucas wanted to show the imperfection of the technology that was eventually used on Anakin (which also had raspy breathing).

Yes Grevious already had a cough going on during TCW, but since that episode where Grevious's chest was crushed that made the coughing worse. So its both the technology that made his cough and Windu crushing his chest which made the coughing worse.

If potential could be considered Power, then perhaps, but it isn't and can't, so yes, Sidious was superior in every single way to Anakin.

Would've been interesting to see Anakin try it & see if he coulda made Sidious break a sweat tho. I also see your point tho. Anakin was 'the chosen one' after all. A couple years of teaching under Mace, or Yoda & maybe if again put in that situation.

Would've been interesting to see Anakin try it & see if he coulda made Sidious break a sweat tho. I also see your point tho. Anakin was 'the chosen one' after all. A couple years of teaching under Mace, or Yoda & maybe if again put in that situation.

Well in all honesty I think only if he started to reach the size of potential that Luke had reached in Dark Empire, would Anakin ever be able to take on Sidious.

Sidious kind of trumped all the Jedi, there was only one Lightsaber form that could stop him, Vaapad, because it deflected his Dark power, all the others were useless against him, but even then, all he needs to do is pull out his Force prowess and he defeats everybody including Yoda.

Only Luke could take him.

Well in all honesty I think only if he started to reach the size of potential that Luke had reached in Dark Empire, would Anakin ever be able to take on Sidious.

Sidious kind of trumped all the Jedi, there was only one Lightsaber form that could stop him, Vaapad, because it deflected his Dark power, all the others were useless against him, but even then, all he needs to do is pull out his Force prowess and he defeats everybody including Yoda.

A battle for teh agez....

You mean Darth Vader.

Here's an intresting thought though. What would happen if Dooku revealed Sidious' identity before Anakin killed him? Would Anakin believe him? If he did, would Anakin even strike him down?

I remember that in Episode II, Dooku made a small reveal like that to Obi-Wan, but Kenobi basically said "Pfft. Yeah right, pull the other one". I'm inclined to believe that being so trusting of the Chancellor, Anakin would have just rolled his eyes.

You mean Darth Vader.

Here's an intresting thought though. What would happen if Dooku revealed Sidious' identity before Anakin killed him? Would Anakin believe him? If he did, would Anakin even strike him down?

I remember that in Episode II, Dooku made a small reveal like that to Obi-Wan, but Kenobi basically said "Pfft. Yeah right, pull the other one". I'm inclined to believe that being so trusting of the Chancellor, Anakin would have just rolled his eyes.

Your right he would have just rolled his eyes and killed him. Why would he listen to a man, who hurt his master, who took his forearm, who done a number of other things compared to a guy who seemed frail and friendly?

On the subject of Anakin learning of Palpatine's true identity:

(...Some of this will sound like re-iterating other forum-posters and rambling, so forgive me ahead of time.)

As pretty much everyone here has said, Darth Sidious was a manipulator, most likely gained from his political experience in the Republic Senate (or simply a born diplomat). "Palpatine" also did support and motivate Anakin's ideas and him becoming a Knight throughout their time on the screen.

One can also argue that, with Sidious's ability to forsee "streams" of the future, he possibly could have seen that Anakin wouldn't have attack.

On that note, he (more than likely) forsaw Padme's death, which solidified Anakin's turn to the Dark Side and his transformation into Darth Vader. Even if Anakin didn't join Sidious, she still would have died and turned to the Dark Side/become a Dark Jedi, seeking "Palpatine" for guidance eventually; his plan coming into fruition either way.

...I think that might cover it. I either got it or screwed up big lol.

On that note, he (more than likely) forsaw Padme's death, which solidified Anakin's turn to the Dark Side and his transformation into Darth Vader. Even if Anakin didn't join Sidious, she still would have died and turned to the Dark Side/become a Dark Jedi, seeking "Palpatine" for guidance eventually; his plan coming into fruition either way..

If he wasn't the one who implanted that vision? :p

Darth Vader caught him off guard and threw him down a reactor shaft, Luke took him and defeated him full on in a far more powerful incarnation of Sidious.

I'm of the opinion Sidious was at his best when he.....you know.....had his own real body. I've yet to really read up on the post timeline (cuz from what I've seen so far looks really stupid & uber), but if Luke did accomplish that then they're 1-1. Lest we forget how Sidious wtflol pwned Luke on the Death Star.

Teach him his technique of absorbing lightning, Yoda did not. Failed he did.....