So the newly 50's expect to be treated like royalty because?

Zhaker

This is the response the here in regards to PvP gear being lowered.

So I am taking that people who just reached 50, expected their class to hold their own and win against 50's who have been there for a long time. Are you guys serious here?

This would be akin to saying, being a level 50 I should be able to do nightmare EV and nightmare KP IMMEDIATELY?!?!?!

So if that is the case:

- Why do we have hard Flashpoint modes?

- Why do we have hard or nightmare Operation mode?

- Why do we need to farm them to get Tionese/Columi/Rataka gear?

But before we go there, let's try this scenario:

So say we had no PvP gear (so no BM/Champ/Cent gear at all), so it'd become a PvE gear situation. So are you guys telling me that a fully newly minted 50 would have some chance in hell against a fully geared Rataka/Columni/Tion Geared 50?

If not are you going to lower their stats as well? And you going to lower the dps and enrage timer for the Operations for hard and nightmare despite that its already buggy as hell?

Because this is going to be one big cluster *beep*.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the response the here in regards to PvP gear being lowered.

So I am taking that people who just reached 50, expected their class to hold their own and win against 50's who have been there for a long time. Are you guys serious here?

This would be akin to saying, being a level 50 I should be able to do nightmare EV and nightmare KP IMMEDIATELY?!?!?!

So if that is the case:

- Why do we have hard Flashpoint modes?

- Why do we have hard or nightmare Operation mode?

- Why do we need to farm them to get Tionese/Columi/Rataka gear?

But before we go there, let's try this scenario:

So say we had no PvP gear (so no BM/Champ/Cent gear at all), so it'd become a PvE gear situation. So are you guys telling me that a fully newly minted 50 would have some chance in hell against a fully geared Rataka/Columni/Tion Geared 50?

If not are you going to lower their stats as well? And you going to lower the dps and enrage timer for the Operations for hard and nightmare despite that its already buggy as hell?

Because this is going to be one big cluster *beep*.

Do you know what level 50s do in pve when they hit 50? They do regular mode 50 dungeons, dailies, get crafted gear and do early hardmode FPs. They match the gear they have with the difficulty of the flashpoint.

Do you know what level 50s do in pvp when they hit 50? They have NO CHOICE but to go up against BM players because the only way to get pvp gear is by being stomped over and over and over. Your logic would make sense if there was a matchmaker based on your expertise gear- but there isn't.

This would be a more accurate way of saying it. PvErs- the moment you hit 50, you can do nothing but nightmare modes of operations until you get your gear. That seem fair? Well, that's how the pvp system works right now.

But rejoice! They're nerfing BM/Champ loot drops, so that gap will be even harder to bypass!

Na, just give us blue 50 pvp gear (entry expert.), and crafted gear that's comparable to champ gear.

No grinding required *shock*.

All the kiddies who near gear progression can still try and get BM gear, whilst the rest of enjoy PVP that isn't so.... gear dependent?

Edited by Jebi

If you arent willing to make the effort to gear up, you dont deserve anything more than to be smashed in pvp.

A person serious about surviving as a fresh 50 would make an effort to gear up as best he can with BoE's, rather than just going into a WZ with 11k hp and then QQing when he racks up 15 deaths. Simply put, the effort that you put into the game, should be proportional to your performance. Nothing wrong here.

Na, just give us blue 50 pvp gear (entry expert.), and crafted gear that's comparable to champ gear.

No grinding required *shock*.

That's kinda what I was expecting after reading the notes, (hoping it's warzone commendation gear honestly, seeing as my armstech is sure to get screwed somehow if it's craftables) I'm not sure where people keep getting this nerf fear from.

Unless someone's been on the PTR with the new patch to confirm all this?

A person serious about surviving as a fresh 50 would make an effort to gear up as best he can with BoE's, rather than just going into a WZ with 11k hp and then QQing when he racks up 15 deaths. Simply put, the effort that you put into the game, should be proportional to your performance. Nothing wrong here.

Unless of course it's a PVP MMO, where the skill and knowledge you put into the game, should be proportional to your performance.

Never-mind me though, i realize this isn't a PVP MMO.

Gear grinding FTW. After all, you earned it! RNG boxes, kill trading, minigame grinds, crate clicking.. and all that skill based stuff.

Edited by Jebi

expected their class to hold their own and win against 50's who have been there for a long time.

Game's only a couple months old. No one has been there for a "long time". :rolleyes:

Personally I'd rather a new 50 have a shot at me, no matter how long I've been playing or grinding gear.

PvP in which the winner is predetermined by gear is boring and pointless. I'm happy the Devs are making these changes.

Unless of course it's a PVP MMO, where the skill and knowledge you put into the game, should be proportional to your performance.

Never-mind me though, i realize this isn't a PVP MMO.

Gear grinding FTW. After all, you earned it! RNG boxes and all that.

Ok I'm sorry you are right.

Let's make this game into a PvP MMO.

So let's do this:

- Everyone rerolls as a Trooper/BH.

- Gear should only be for looks (let's face it, everyone should dress in a slave dress right)

- No need to get levels, I mean why bother we should be IMMEDIATELY 50 with full gear.

So would that be fun? If so I think CoD is for you rather than an MMO. Just saying.

If you arent willing to make the effort to gear up, you dont deserve anything more than to be smashed in pvp.

If you arent willing to make the effort win based on skill instead of gear, you dont deserve anything more than to be smashed in pvp.

See what I did there?

So let's do this:

- Gear should only be for looks (let's face it, everyone should dress in a slave dress right)

- No need to get levels, I mean why bother we should be IMMEDIATELY 50 with full gear.

So would that be fun? If so I think CoD is for you rather than an MMO. Just saying.

I think it's called GW2 (minus the obv trolling points).

But thanks.

Oh, and I also think you mean BF3. COD is for you console kiddies :D

Edited by Jebi

Except currently the system punishes you for putting in that effort. Between RNG Bags, and the cost of them it's absurd at the moment. What happens is you put in a lot of effort with very little return. Sure once you start getting some equipment it gets a bit better, but it's getting over that initial hump that is the issue, currently as it stands the gap is too large to encourage a large portion of people to stick it out. There is no excuse possible that covers saying people should just get smashed in PvP by geared folks when the majority of them acquired their gear before brackets where they had the benefit of mowing through folks quickly simply because they rushed to lvl 50 instead of trying to enjoy the ride. Honestly I'm willing to bet a lot of the new 50's have more time invested in the game than most of the BM's, why? Because they enjoyed the ride and actually explored the game on both sides PvP and PvE.

So let's do this:

Some of that reminds me of one very well made game so well in fact there is a much much bigger sequel to it with loads of ideas taken further what was the game thinks thinks. two words one starts with G other with a W hmmmmmm.

Game's only a couple months old. No one has been there for a "long time". :rolleyes:

Personally I'd rather a new 50 have a shot at me, no matter how long I've been playing or grinding gear.

PvP in which the winner is predetermined by gear is boring and pointless. I'm happy the Devs are making these changes.

I've got to agree with you. I do think that gear grinding should play a factor, and that someone who spent the time to grind out full battlemaster should have an advantage over a fresh 50, but not be playing in "I win" mode. Half of that grind should be about getting actual PvP experience and also the gear. If you actually PvP'd your way to full battlemaster, you should be able to take out a fresh 50 in full greens. You have the added skill over him now.

I don't think it should be "I spent a month getting full battlemaster...no one should even be able to come close to killing me until they do the same". I'm fine with PvP gear having better stats than PvE, but not to the extreme it seems to have now.

nobody might like to hear it but being better than your neighbor is the driving goal in alot of peoples lives remove it and alot of people will go looking for their vicarious life elsewhere. not saying i am or are not i like the game i like the pvp but if the driving goals are removed

it will deminish participation and the length people will stay with the game

If you arent willing to make the effort win based on skill instead of gear, you dont deserve anything more than to be smashed in pvp.

See what I did there?

soon it will all be based on raid gear so whats either of your points.

One side wants all expertise and PvP gear gone from the game. These people believe skill should be more important than gear in PvP. Put enough time in, and eventually they too would be BM level, but putting that time in would be painful since the BM players are just so overpowering.

The other side likes that they're overpowering and wants to keep the status quo. These people got to 50 early when other 50 PvPers were also BM gearless, so PvPing was pretty balance and fun. But now that they're BM and geared up well, they're owning the new 50s, which is FUN! Eventually though most people will be BM and it would all even out anyways, and today's BM won't be owning as many people.

In the end it's going to be balanced. Those new PvPers will be BM, and you won't be owning them anymore. You will be fighting them on even grounds. This makes it so those new PvPers will stay and PvP with you. At the moment, they're stopping PvPing all together because it is just not fun when you are so overpowered.

I know you think it's fun being overpowered, but it won't last. Either people will quit PvPing, or they'll reach to your level and gear. This just makes it so new 50s will have a fighting chance. It's why they also separated the brackets. Is it that fun to you to be BM killing a level 20? Really? That's how you get your kicks? Is it that fun for you to pwn a new 50? Do you really think that new 50 PvPer is going to stick around for you to stomp on?

I was one of you, Empire side and geared well. Pwning new 50s. But i was bored of Huttball, it was literally 9 Huttball to 1 Voidstar/Alderaan. So i rerolled on Republic, and the best PvP i had was my journey from 20-49. But once i hit 50, it was just awful. You are just so outmatched. I was winning 70% of my matches from 2-49. But at 50 it was less than 10%. And they would just roll over us. Where is the fun in that? Is that truly fun for you too? To play that 1 in 10 match that was not Huttball, and just pwning the other team?

No, this is much needed.

Because casual players make up for the majority of the player-base

They provide the majority of the money to BW

Since BW is engaging in a business to make money

They will appeal to the carebear/casual/noobs to maximize profit.

Sure, there are ways to appeal to both casual and hardcore players, but it's much easier too just nerf stuff instead of creating new contents.

PvE gear progression becomes EASIER the more players are geared - less people are competing with new 50s for the same gear, and the content is less difficult because your enemy's gear level doesn't rise with yours.

PvP gear progression becomes HARDER the more players are geared - the chance that any other player in the warzone is more geared than you rises as time goes on and more players are geared. Since you are the focal point, and there are 8 of them and only 7 others of "you", their side's average rises more than yours does as a fresh 50.

Pretty simple logic.