When is 1.3 coming out

corelina

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are welcome. Anyway, maybe I have too much coffee, but what I meant was when is the next patch, 1.3 expected to go live.

Magic 8-ball says ..............................................................................................

Maybe

W T F kind of answer is that ..... I hate my Magic 8-ball .....

Edited by Balrizangor

Magic 8-ball says ..............................................................................................

Maybe

W T F kind of answer is that ..... I hate my Magic 8-ball .....

LOL my wife loves her bloody Magic 8-ball.

Warning: wild speculation coming!

I figure that 1.3 will be up on the PTS for 3 weeks when it is put up. That seems like a reasonable time frame of testing. Once testing is finished, it will take a few days to a week for them to bring it to the live servers. So let's say it is likely to require 4 weeks to go from PTS to Live.

They don't put it up on the weekend, so it won't be up there until between June 4-8 or June 11-15. In the best case scenario, if it is up on June 4, then the time it would go Live would be projected to be on July 2 (since they release this stuff on Tuesdays). However, that's a problem. July 4 lands on a Wednesday, meaning it's likely many developers are on vacation the week of July 1-6. They are not going to release a major new patch that week.

So, by my wild speculation, the earliest you will see 1.3 on Live servers is July 10.

We haven't announced a date for 1.3 to go live yet, but it will be coming to the Public Test Server in the next few weeks. Check out this article in the Test Center for more info about testing 1.3. We're glad to see the excitement for 1.3!

eyah a lot of people are excited as you said, because they are holding this as in their eyes, tors last chance to redeem itself. personally i feel group finders and less servers, ie merges are a good start as they will boost community and economy especially on servers the likes of Frostclaw (eu) which is a GHOST TOWN even at peak times, last night for exaample 40 ppl on fleet, and 2hours plus to get a single pvp match,

We haven't announced a date for 1.3 to go live yet, but it will be coming to the Public Test Server in the next few weeks. Check out this article in the Test Center for more info about testing 1.3. We're glad to see the excitement for 1.3!

yeah but that post was from 5/25 so technically a week has already passed...shouldn't it be in the next 'couple' of weeks now?

A few more weeks? This game is officially dead unless server mergers come out well before 1.3. If server mergers are done at the same time as 1.3, it will be too late. Sorry guys, it was a good run.

Good try! We know everyone wants to hear more solid dates, and I promise that we'll share them as soon as we can!

I think everyone appreciates the fact that yes things like this do take time, but, in reality, this is very bad business. I never expected (as I am sure many of us did) for things to go this way. I am NOT trying to troll just merely stating that we as a community get that you all need time to get things finished. But i ask you this, would you go into a Burger King and order a Whopper meal and pay for it and have the cashier tell you for weeks your meal will be done soon. Well when is soon? Soon sir it will be done soon. No you wouldn't and we shouldn't be expected to do that in this situation either. Please for the love of whatever Gods you believe in GIVE US SOME MORE SOLID INFO other than the standard It will be soon in the coming weeks. PLEASE I BEG YOU!

A few more weeks? This game is officially dead unless server mergers come out well before 1.3. If server mergers are done at the same time as 1.3, it will be too late. Sorry guys, it was a good run.

This game is dead if the server mergers come out broken, more than if they have to wait a bit more. They need to be done as soon as they can be done right, and no sooner. Sooner would cost a ton of good will and subs do not kid yourself.

I think everyone appreciates the fact that yes things like this do take time, but, in reality, this is very bad business. I never expected (as I am sure many of us did) for things to go this way. I am NOT trying to troll just merely stating that we as a community get that you all need time to get things finished. But i ask you this, would you go into a Burger King and order a Whopper meal and pay for it and have the cashier tell you for weeks your meal will be done soon. Well when is soon? Soon sir it will be done soon. No you wouldn't and we shouldn't be expected to do that in this situation either. Please for the love of whatever Gods you believe in GIVE US SOME MORE SOLID INFO other than the standard It will be soon in the coming weeks. PLEASE I BEG YOU!

Your argument is false ...

When you walk into a restaurant you do not order your meal and then tell the waiter "I need an exact time that this meal will be out". Even if you did, the waiter will probably say something like 20-30 minutes, not "In exactly 22 minutes 13 seconds will you get your meal". They give you a time ranged relative to the time it takes to make it, meaning, if it takes 15 minutes to prepare, they can safely say "20-30 minutes" knowing that, depending on how many tables they have been sat with, what other orders are coming up, etc ... that they can make a reasonable GUESS that they should only need another 5-15 minutes to get you your food.

Coding/Developing takes days/weeks to do, based on the relative time that takes, testing, Q&A, fixing bugs found from testing, etc .. saying a few weeks is not unheard of and, is no different than getting a 20-30 minute time range from a waiter, relatively ....

Few, if any companies give exact, to the day numbers until they know the exact time. Game releases on the market do not get an exact time until the game is pretty much at the packaging company being sealed in plastic, when you take your car in for repairs you get "Should be done by XXXXday" with the implied "Unless we find something else wrong" ... I don't get why people think this market would be any different ...

Something I am not seeing in this thread is the fact that Bioware is screwed either way they go, if they dont release Nightmare EC or a New Raid with 1.3 they are gonna lose all the Raiders subs, because most raiding guilds are almost done completely gearing out their raid team in Campaign gear. And for some guilds if they take a hiatus till 1.4 or whenever Nightmare/New raid comes out they likely wont get all their members back because of the narcissistic me first attitude of most players, that would rather play D3 or something else.

Server transfers while nice for the raiding community is a temporary fix for a much bigger problem this game has, the content is chewed thru entirely to fast just like Ghostcrawler used to say, players are chewing thru the content faster then they can churn it out.

Your argument is false ...

When you walk into a restaurant you do not order your meal and then tell the waiter "I need an exact time that this meal will be out". Even if you did, the waiter will probably say something like 20-30 minutes, not "In exactly 22 minutes 13 seconds will you get your meal". They give you a time ranged relative to the time it takes to make it, meaning, if it takes 15 minutes to prepare, they can safely say "20-30 minutes" knowing that, depending on how many tables they have been sat with, what other orders are coming up, etc ... that they can make a reasonable GUESS that they should only need another 5-15 minutes to get you your food.

Coding/Developing takes days/weeks to do, based on the relative time that takes, testing, Q&A, fixing bugs found from testing, etc .. saying a few weeks is not unheard of and, is no different than getting a 20-30 minute time range from a waiter, relatively ....

Few, if any companies give exact, to the day numbers until they know the exact time. Game releases on the market do not get an exact time until the game is pretty much at the packaging company being sealed in plastic, when you take your car in for repairs you get "Should be done by XXXXday" with the implied "Unless we find something else wrong" ... I don't get why people think this market would be any different ...

That's awesome and all that you have the low down on coding and the like but it has been a few weeks going on what a month now and along with the transfers/merges being needed like months ago. But yeah take all the time you need BW. The fan bois will always be here