Can't Progress Facing the Machines of War

I've done the Iokath story and got the facing the machines of war mission telling me to enter the iokath operation. I'm there but mission hasn't updated itself and can't do anything with the throne or console. Do I just need to set up an ops group then go through the orange wall to start the op? How can I get the op on my mission log? I can never find anyone interested in the op either.

Yeah, this kind of ticked me off. What happened to "you don't need to do the Op to progress the story"?

You don't have to do ops. Notice it's a "yellow" quest making it exploratory and optional. The main story will continue in future updates. Feel free to abandon the quest if you dont want to or can't do the boss.

Edited by bdatt

You don't have to do ops. Notice it's a "yellow" quest making it exploratory and optional. The main story will continue in future updates. Feel free to abandon the quest if you dont want to or can't do the boss.

Was the mission in question foisted on me as part of the chain of missions that launched when I clicked to begin the Iokath story? Yep.

Was the mission in question also the place where they resolved the plot point of the Scions who the single player story previously assured would be coming back as part of the story. Also yes.

So yes, Facing the Machines of War is a story mission. Text color is irrelevant.

Was the mission in question foisted on me as part of the chain of missions that launched when I clicked to begin the Iokath story? Yep.

Was the mission in question also the place where they resolved the plot point of the Scions who the single player story previously assured would be coming back as part of the story. Also yes.

So yes, Facing the Machines of War is a story mission. Text color is irrelevant.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of those demands. This is just the introduction quest for the operation. Every operation has one. In comparison to the other operation quests this one is really solo player friendly, because you have already seen all cutscenes when you accept the quest. There is no further cutscene when you defeat Tyth in the operation, the quest is turned in automatically (if it doesn't bug out).

And seriously, what is wrong with giving the operation a little flair with a few cutscenes? I always get the feeling when I read such demands, that you people think operations "don't deserve" story elements since story is solely for solo players.

• 9 months later...
It's just really annoying the I can go to place where I'm supposed to go but the options are greyed out and I can abandon the mission so I'm stuck with it in my mission log :(

It's an *Operation*, so it requires a normal Operations group and is absolutely not soloable. At least it's non-blocking - you can continue the larger story without running the operation.

• 5 months later...
It's an *Operation*, so it requires a normal Operations group and is absolutely not soloable. At least it's non-blocking - you can continue the larger story without running the operation.

The point is "it stuck in your mission log". You cannot abandon it, even if it is optional.

They should have made something similar to the fight against Revan on Yavin 4, where you solo the quest with other NPC.