Star Trek Online (STO) Refugees

Supreme_Heretic

We are STO refugee's as well, there's a fair chunk of us Ausmonauts moving over, but still a few of us staying and most playing both.

Nice to see you Ausmonauts here, Tuppers. Me and my guys from SOA are kinda giving STO a rest for awhile, the whole recent grab bag thing really rubbed us wrong.

Anyways, glad you replied, can't wait to see who all shows up from our community. :)

im also jumping boat from STO, i just couldn't take their lying, exaggeraged estimates and how it's turned out to be far more complicated then it was before this F2P or P2W scheme they have over there. the whole thing feels so dumbed down and controlled through their preferred game currency. no more, ive had enough being punched in the face with even more restrictions.

im also jumping boat from STO, i just couldn't take their lying, exaggeraged estimates and how it's turned out to be far more complicated then it was before this F2P or P2W scheme they have over there. the whole thing feels so dumbed down and controlled through their preferred game currency. no more, ive had enough being punched in the face with even more restrictions.

Well Celise, it's only gonna get worse for STO before it gets better. PW has really started to impose their will, and even if privately the Devs don't agree with the direction the game is going, they can't do anything because they want to keep their jobs. So we are stuck with what we have. Thankfully, SWTOR is a new beginning and a breath of fresh air for us. It will be fun having some new content and a completely new style of play and world to discover. :)

What got me was how they ruined the STFs (the only end-game content they've ever had), so I cancelled at 648 days. While I'll likely boldly go again when it's F2P just to keep in touch, the Force has definately moved me over here. I'm the tactial lead from Project Navras, if anyone remembers that fleet from the early days (when we made it to the news page of the official site for our First Contact Day celebration). Good times, but ancient history now, alas. Edited by Maziel
Corrected a typo.

I LIVE! At least until someone here hires StormShade and he decides to ban me for old time sake... I'm Alastor_Forthright by the way. The guy that got banned for posting a review thread... Yeah... Anyway. I'll be hitting it up on the Rubat Crystal server first so if any of you guys are gonna be on it we should meet up in a Cantina at some point.

I LIVE! At least until someone here hires StormShade and he decides to ban me for old time sake... I'm Alastor_Forthright by the way. The guy that got banned for posting a review thread... Yeah... Anyway. I'll be hitting it up on the Rubat Crystal server first so if any of you guys are gonna be on it we should meet up in a Cantina at some point.

Al!!!! ^5 brother!!!! Awesome to see you, my friend.

Ok, been playing for about an hour now, and took a break to chill and post for a few...lol!

In honor of my old first STO toon, I rolled my trooper as a female (sorry, love the Jennifer Hale voice) and named her Astarsha, which most STOers knew me on because I had her for a real long time...she was my first ever VA.

I jumped on the Keller's Void PVE server, since it seemed nice and low pop. It is a very relaxed server so far, with cool people. Maybe I'll see some of ya there.

~ Supreme

Edited by Supreme_Heretic

Hey guys, I myself (and most of the guild) have come over from STO. If you were into PvP then some of you may remember some of my toons, Zok and Frank O'malley. (I was also from knights templar fleet). Anyway if anyone is on the Bondar Crystal server let me know and glad to see some familiar faces.

• 3 months later...

STO ....refugee...here. Sorta.

I still have it installed, and I'll play it from time to time if the mood strikes me for phasers and photon torpedoes.

It's free after all.

But I find myself playing it so much less now days, and playing SWTOR so much more!

My STO tag is @C_Carmichael.

;)