Guild Abuse

codydmaan

In many Mmos I've played there was a 24 cooldown if someone left a guild and wanted to join another. This prevented guild hopping and other things.

However since there is nothing in place at this time in game this makes guild hopping a free for all.

Also I see in certain cases quitting the guild and rejoining allows players to hide the amount of conquest points that they generate. Making it harder to see if they are playing fairly to the general eye.

I beleive implementing a cooldown would stop guild hopping abuse and conquest point hiding.

Because there is no reason people should be hopping guilds or quitting and rejoining the same guild 4-6x In one day

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hiding conquest points"? Why would anyone do that? That makes zero sense! In fact, most guilds reward higher conquest points. There is absolutely now conspiracy here.

For people leaving and coming back multiple times: there are perfectly good reasons for that. Some people try to help others by typing "/gquit" when asked in gen chat how to leave a guild. However they accidently type it wrong and BAM they leave their own guild. Also, when adjusting member notes etc, there have been a couple of times where I accidently booted a member or two.... or three..... lol Also, people are emotional, one day they may quit in a rage and want back in once they calm down. Also, people make toons, play for a bit, realize they done like that toon, leave the guild and plan on deactivating that toon. Then they change their mind (maybe after talking to a guildie or reading a guide) and want back in. ... The reasons are endless really.

For people leaving and coming back multiple times: there are perfectly good reasons for that. Some people try to help others by typing "/gquit" when asked in gen chat how to leave a guild. However they accidently type it wrong and BAM they leave their own guild.

I would bet that 99% of the people asking that question are trolls trying to get people to quit their guilds.

"Hiding conquest points"? Why would anyone do that? That makes zero sense! In fact, most guilds reward higher conquest points. There is absolutely now conspiracy here.

For people leaving and coming back multiple times: there are perfectly good reasons for that. Some people try to help others by typing "/gquit" when asked in gen chat how to leave a guild. However they accidently type it wrong and BAM they leave their own guild. Also, when adjusting member notes etc, there have been a couple of times where I accidently booted a member or two.... or three..... lol Also, people are emotional, one day they may quit in a rage and want back in once they calm down. Also, people make toons, play for a bit, realize they done like that toon, leave the guild and plan on deactivating that toon. Then they change their mind (maybe after talking to a guildie or reading a guide) and want back in. ... The reasons are endless really.

Yes people are getting too many conquest points in a given time frame. For example some players get 30m conquest points in 2 days. That is not humanly possible. How do they hide this? By leaving the guild and re joining.

Yes people are getting too many conquest points in a given time frame. For example some players get 30m conquest points in 2 days. That is not humanly possible. How do they hide this? By leaving the guild and re joining.

..... ssssuuuurrrreeeee.......

0/10 lol nice try though. lol

..... ssssuuuurrrreeeee.......

0/10 lol nice try though. lol

Don't even bother engaging him in a discusion, he'll drag you down with a metric ton of useless and spurious arguments and sink you into a frustrated mess faster than quicksand. Just let him go.

Your guild is just as guilty as theirs is. So give it up!

I could understand & maybe side with you on some points if it wasn't just because you're losing by 18mil.

The only reason both of you have 100mil+ points is because you're all doing the same thing, they're just more efficient at it.

Are we to see these same arguments every week yall choose the same Large Yield planet & lose?! :eek:

In many Mmos I've played there was a 24 cooldown if someone left a guild and wanted to join another. This prevented guild hopping and other things....BS...BS...BS

Ha ha ha ha, please stop, I just spat a mouthful of beer out....what a waste.

We all know this is because a certain guild is running second, yet again,

we have tried explaining to you about people leaving and rejoining, and how the points dont stay

Are we going to see this every week your guild is up against a better guild?

I would bet that 99% of the people asking that question are trolls trying to get people to quit their guilds.

I don't doubt that such people exist, but.. it seems like a completely fair question. It's not at all an obvious thing, the tutorial isn't helpful either, so how is someone who never left a guild before to know? Either they look it up or they ask, and considering all the other basic questions you see people ask.. I suspect that the majority just finds themselves in a dead guild they want out of.

In many Mmos I've played there was a 24 cooldown if someone left a guild and wanted to join another. This prevented guild hopping and other things.

However since there is nothing in place at this time in game this makes guild hopping a free for all.

Also I see in certain cases quitting the guild and rejoining allows players to hide the amount of conquest points that they generate. Making it harder to see if they are playing fairly to the general eye.

I beleive implementing a cooldown would stop guild hopping abuse and conquest point hiding.

Because there is no reason people should be hopping guilds or quitting and rejoining the same guild 4-6x In one day

So in other words you are spying on a guild to see if they are “cheating” and they’ve worked out how to stop you from checking by leaving the guild and rejoining?

I’m sorry, but your obsession over this guild and your spying on them is pathetic. They aren’t cheating, they are playing the game the way Bioware have set it up. The only person doing something wrong here is you by stalking them.

There is also no reason people can’t hop guilds. It’s no skin off your nose or anyone else’s. You should just quit this campaign you have been trying to run against them.

Dear Codydmaan,

Please change your name to Captain Ahab and your guild's name to Pequod.

Thanks,

Dasty (the one you accused of being a super double top secret agent on behalf of your White Whale)

Edited by Jdast

Surely you're joking... a single player getting 30 million points in 2 days?

He's going for his fifth thread (the others have been deleted) in what he thinks (incorrectly, I might add) is a clever and more surreptitious route to accuse a certain guild of botting.

I haven't reported this thread b/c I thought my literary reference to Moby Dick was quite brilliant (as are all my posts - naturellement) and I want more people to see it so they can bask in my great Huttness. :rak_03:

Alas, I fear that may not be the case as this thread will probably go the way of Alderaan.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Has to be. I do not see how that’s physically possible based on how you obtain points in CQ. Even if you played 48 hours non stop and only concentrated on CQ, you still don’t have enough repeatable activities to give you that many points.

So I call hyperbole on the OP. It’s just another one of his threads to complain his guild isn’t winning the CQ, so the other guilds must be cheating :rolleyes:

I'm not going to say the OP is right or doing anything other than trolling. Duplicating points by leaving / rejoining guilds? As far as I know that isn't how it works.

That being said...something "MIGHT" be afoot.

134 million on night two of conquest week?

I'm definitely missing out on something, legal or otherwise

(star forge - large planet invasion)

134 million on night two of conquest week?

I'm definitely missing out on something, legal or otherwise

(star forge - large planet invasion)

Yeah, I do agree something isn't right there.

No.1 - 135mil (Op's target of attack)

No. 2- 115mil (Op's guild)

No. 3- 34mil

That's some high points there....FOR BOTH OF THEM. lololol

Pot meet kettle, kettle meet pot.... :rolleyes::cool:

No. 3- 34mil

I mean ill buy these numbers... from large guilds that make lots of points by simply having lots of players. Its what 999 people max in a guild these days. For sake of math call that 1000. 135mill / 1000 is like 135k, and say its been about 2 days, so 68k per player per day. Large but not impossible.

But 15 mill per day per player, now really.

Edited by KendraP

No. 3- 34mil

Yeah. It’s certainly funny how the OP’s guild and the “target” guild are so high on day two. It’s also hilarious how the OP is here trying to draw attention to the target guild, when their own guild is obviously doing the same thing. LoL.