Why i leave War Zones EARLY

Onekagai

as long as i need to get my 3 daily and 9 weekly im not wasting my time in a fail group. period. it makes more since to leave the bad game and join a good game. i can easily get my daily and weekly done with in a few hours of WZ hopping. THEN after thats done i stay in a game no matter if we are winning or losing.

Has it bit me in the ***? yes, i left a losing Alderan game. we got 3 capped. I joined a new one and someone from the game i just left noticed me and decided to let me know they actually 3 capped them back and held it for a nice epic game.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you need to get your 3 daily and 9 weekly wins?? To get gear to fight in warzones that you leave early......

Conclusion: go back to licking windows....

enough said on that topic I believe!

rather than not throwing an insult back, i will explain. if you read the entire post i said AFTER my daily/weekly is done i then stay in them. FASTER bags mean FASTER gearing. i am done gearing my main. i am trying to gear my companions as fast as i can before the system is changed. im taking advantage of the system design.

I posted a thread some time ago about how much time you save quitting a fail and just doing what can be won. I am not going to list all the exact math but it is hours of time you don't waste.

If you can tell after the first minute that you will not win. I encourage any person trying to complete thier daily or weekly to leave. Maybe the person that replaces you will be great. A hacker even and turn the game around for the group you left.

Who knows really? You just know you saved yourself about 13 minutes of wasted time leaving.

as long as i need to get my 3 daily and 9 weekly im not wasting my time in a fail group. period.

Are you aware that there are other people in the group with you?

You know when you leave you force them to play with 7? That is a huge disadvantage. You also cause another person to get stuck in your spot. Are you familiar with the word "selfish?"

Every game has a losing side. It is not a fail group, quitting is a fail character trait. You need to deal with losing better. I know, I know, it's not you, it's your pathetic teammates.

I am not 100% sure the original post was not sarcastic to make a point or if it is real.

Edited by richardya

rather than not throwing an insult back, i will explain. if you read the entire post i said AFTER my daily/weekly is done i then stay in them. FASTER bags mean FASTER gearing. i am done gearing my main. i am trying to gear my companions as fast as i can before the system is changed. im taking advantage of the system design.

If you're going to keep playing WZ's after you get your bags then it doesn't really make sense to leave to begin with because in those additional matches, it'd be easy to get 3 victories. Even if your faction sucks massively on your server, if you play 15-20 games or so, AND ACTUALLY FINISH THEM, you're going to be able to get three victories out of that. You can finish 20 games in probably 3 - 3 1/2 hours tops, and that's using an extreme example.

Doesn't that make more sense than being an absolute d0uchebag to everyone else by leaving a match and leaving your team short a man until they replace you and then absolutely screwing over whoever replaces you by sending them into an already losing warzone match? That's just selfish, inconsiderate, and wrong.

I love when folks cry and moan in a WZ telling everyone how "fail" they are. Once they are done leave the warzone EARLY.

Then all of sudden, we start getting the upper hand, and win.....

definetly brings a smile to my face.

Maybe they came back and won because its YOU thats bad?

Edited by Tic-

I always queue solo, so if we get a team with the majority of the people who have 13k or 14k health buffed, and they steamroll us to 3-0 in the first few minutes, or 3 cap us right off the bat, I'm probably going to leave. The game no longer rewards me for staying and getting commendations. All it wants me to do is get wins. Therefor the obvious answer is to leave and join a new game that has a chance of winning.

If I were able to buy BM bags for like 1000 commendations, then I would probably stay and play those games out, but I can't. The game wants me to win, so why would a reasonable person with an IRL time constraint stay for a near 100% sure loss?

****** way to play? Yes. But that's how the game wants me to do it. I will gladly stay and play out those games if they change the way you acquire BM bags. I enjoy PvPing, but I just also have obligations IRL.

Edited by Niaoru

I rarely leave WZ ques, especially since I usually que with friends. Majority of us, if not all are Champion geared. We don't qq when we see undergear 50's in the WZ, just play it out. You win, you help a fellow Rep towards getting gear. You lose, you still get valor.

Plus I find winning WZ with low geared teammates gives more satisfaction, because it's like an underdog story. These are the games where you usually have more memorable gameplays.

If you're going to keep playing WZ's after you get your bags then it doesn't really make sense to leave to begin with because in those additional matches, it'd be easy to get 3 victories. Even if your faction sucks massively on your server, if you play 15-20 games or so, AND ACTUALLY FINISH THEM, you're going to be able to get three victories out of that. You can finish 20 games in probably 3 - 3 1/2 hours tops, and that's using an extreme example.

Doesn't that make more sense than being an absolute d0uchebag to everyone else by leaving a match and leaving your team short a man until they replace you and then absolutely screwing over whoever replaces you by sending them into an already losing warzone match? That's just selfish, inconsiderate, and wrong.

NO, it makes more sense to be the d0uchbag. i see it and most people see it as well. thats why they are changing the reward system. the reward system made winning top priority over even getting medals in a game. The reward system of 9 bags on tuesday out weighs wasting time in game that results in a 15 min loss. it isn't popular, but thats why i am done with my gear grind and now am on my 3rd companion thats in full cent gear trolling people in Outlaws Den.

its easy to throw insults out but if the developers are changing the reward system, and adding a deserter de buff, CLEARLY a lot of people also saw its better to WZ hop as i did. enjoy that 15 min loss, and your own sense of honor. i got my bags for the day and can now go search for world pvp.

I always queue solo, so if we get a team with the majority of the people who have 13k or 14k health buffed, and they steamroll us to 3-0 in the first few minutes, or 3 cap us right off the bat, I'm probably going to leave. The game no longer rewards me for staying and getting commendations. All it wants me to do is get wins. Therefor the obvious answer is to leave and join a new game that has a chance of winning.

If I were able to buy BM bags for like 1000 commendations, then I would probably stay and play those games out, but I can't. The game wants me to win, so why would a reasonable person with an IRL time constraint stay for a near 100% sure loss?

****** way to play? Yes. But that's how the game wants me to do it. I will gladly stay and play out those games if they change the way you acquire BM bags. I enjoy PvPing, but I just also have obligations IRL.

^ this guy. it might not be popular. but it is how the game was designed. WIN and be rewarded LOSE and get 50-80 WZ points that translate to 30-60 merc points. That i can easily out do by making my rounds in Outlaws Den. 15 min loss for 30 merc points? or, 8 min with 111 wz points, PLUS Outlaw Den security chests in between? im full champ geared out because i understood the system.

Make it 3 warzones played/9 played not win then ill feel more inclined to stay with people that walk the ball into are own goal line.

As others have said in its current state the game does not reward a loss or even encourage you to stay and fight it out, Wins are all that matter till you have full BM gear given how gear dependent this bull shat system is yet again.

Edited by MastaGigs

I do not mind losing... what I do mind is being on the losing side of a 4 on 8 match. Being vastly outnumbered in a warzone is no fun at all. If the odds are even or even close, I will always stay in a warzone. But this 3 or 4 on 8 stuff is ridiculous!! There should be no penalty for leaving warzones like that. And yes, I will leave those warzones. No sense in just being zerged continously and being something to be farmed in a grossly overpowered warzone. So if you whine about people leaving a warzone, tough.

I agree with the other posters that mentioned how inconsiderate it is of others to leave Warzones early because your team sucks. So what if you have time constraints, do you really think that you're the only one? If you only have an hour to play, what do you think about the poor guy that got sucked into your spot who told his wife/girlfriend/parents/kids/etc..."just one game" ?

Personally, I'd love to see them implement some enormously punitive measures for people who habitually leave warzones early (not counting disconnects, obviously). Maybe something like, if you left more than X number of games over a 1 week period, fully reset your valor to rank 0 and delete all PvP gear from the character.

This is an MMO, not a single player RPG; you are not the sole hero here, and you are not special. Stop being inconsiderate of your fellow players.

Personally, I'd love to see them implement some enormously punitive measures for people who habitually leave warzones early (not counting disconnects, obviously). Maybe something like, if you left more than X number of games over a 1 week period, fully reset your valor to rank 0 and delete all PvP gear from the character.

Lol, yea. That'll happen.

After you get your dailies completed, you won't be playing many games afterwards. Probably one or two losing games straight after and you'd stop anyways. Then you'd prolly go to ilum for a bit.

So it still doesn't make you an honorable player in my books.

A leaver is a leaver for your own self satisfaction.

How many games have you let your team down while you and others have hunted for winning games only?.... Too many.

People who assumes things are worse than leavers.

Just saying, I definitely quit warzones under a few circumstances.

#1 playing huttball and team refuses to pass, alderaan and we are like 'lets attack left' then 3 guys go mid instead both attacks failing, etc, now we have to get 3 cap to have any chance at winning..

#2 i join a wz with 7 minutes left and the score is 4-1

Neither of these are worth playing out. Maybe a solution is a concede button. That would be pretty sweet.

Edited by finetop

as long as i need to get my 3 daily and 9 weekly im not wasting my time in a fail group. period. it makes more since to leave the bad game and join a good game.

So instead of MAKING it a good game, you give up and cycle through teams until you find one that carries you.

So instead of MAKING it a good game, you give up and cycle through teams until you find one that carries you.

This just isn't true. You guys might like being on a team with 3 people medal farming mid, but I couldn't give a crap if you guys ever get that 7th medal while I am busting my tail trying to win the game.

This just isn't true. You guys might like being on a team with 3 people medal farming mid, but I couldn't give a crap if you guys ever get that 7th medal while I am busting my tail trying to win the game.

Usually when I tell those 3 people what to do, they stop mindlessly attacking everything since they're given a purpose. Other times I let them do that, since controlling mid is very important.