Ilum Daily/Weekly Armaments need more spawn points.

waznpride

At many times that I am logged in, there are little to no republicans online and the center is crowded with people doing laps for armaments. If there are 15 people in the area, I'll find 1 armament every 10-20 minutes if I'm lucky to catch a spawn.

What I suggest is to add an additional couple spawns to northern and southern points. This will attract more people to the areas from both factions (bringing out actual pvp instead of running laps) and give more people the ability to complete their daily quests (from both factions) without having to hope to catch a spawn that isn't already camped by 20 other people around central or for the smaller faction to try to kill stragglers and get ganged up 7v1 in the process.

Currently, there are 15 possible spawn locations for armaments in central, so adding 5 spawns to both northern and southern would be sufficient enough to let people complete their dailies within a reasonable amount of time.

But of course, if you add more armament spawns, the easy balance would to require more to complete the daily/weekly. So just increase the daily/weekly required amounts by 50% (45 for the daily and 225 for the weekly). This will also extend actual Rep vs Imp op pvp action.

Ilum absolutely *********** blows right now. Armaments only spawn in one spot, so the faction with the most people just camp there getting their dailys done no sweat.

Meanwhile, the other faction wants to try and do something, get some armament boxes, or just fight, gets absolutely CRUSHED, and totally DICKED over, because theres no where else to go to get their daily done.

Its a horrible horrible system AND IT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED NOW !

Ilum absolutely *********** blows right now. Armaments only spawn in one spot, so the faction with the most people just camp there getting their dailys done no sweat.

Meanwhile, the other faction wants to try and do something, get some armament boxes, or just fight, gets absolutely CRUSHED, and totally DICKED over, because theres no where else to go to get their daily done.

NO SWEAT, but tons of tears and sodas

What, you don't consider riding around in circles, competing with a few dozen same-faction folks for a couple of groundspawns to be a fun endgame? :)

I got through the daily once. It took me about 3 hours of circling. I can't imagine repeating that exercise. It's a good candidate for the worst gameplay in any MMO since those 48+ hour camps in early Everquest 1.

This is why I suggest more spawn locations to give opposing factions a better chance to actually complete their dailies (or same factions not having to run in circles for 3+hrs)

• 3 weeks later...

Just go to Ilum after Midnight. everyone knows that 90% of imps are kids who's mommies wont let them stay up to late. I can do my weekly in about 3 hours from Midnight to 3AM. It also helps me I guess cause I play on Juyo (East Coast Server) and I reside in the West. Plus This way you get to skip the lagtastic battles that daytime hold.

Yeah, it's really lame and not fun what so ever right now. Partially because of all the wannabe gangster mob mentality empire players. The imbalance of empire/republic is probably the largest long term problem I can find with this game. There should be rewards for the lacking faction, whichever side it may be. More commendations awarded for said task etc. That's the only way you're going to convince the cool-to-be-evil crowd to go repub.

Yeah, it's really lame and not fun what so ever right now. Partially because of all the wannabe gangster mob mentality empire players. The imbalance of empire/republic is probably the largest long term problem I can find with this game. There should be rewards for the lacking faction, whichever side it may be. More commendations awarded for said task etc. That's the only way you're going to convince the cool-to-be-evil crowd to go repub.

But the team with the advantage (in this case the Imps) swear there is no issue. Why would they want it changed? They have the advantage, for what ever reason people roll Empire. They like the way it is.

Right now on servers like mine there is a 10 to 1 Imp ratio. 200+ Ims on fleet less than 50 on Reb fleet and this is in East Coast prime time.

It's laughable.

Edited by Ceasaigh

/Agree. I think they really made a mistake in making huttball playable with same faction. Long queue times would have eventually drove some players, especially those who enjoy pvp'ing, to try republic (or if it for some reason ever balanced out, empire). By allowing them to do wz's with eachother, they've condoned a gross imbalance of the factions. I would love to see the stats on the average age of empire vs republic as well. I can tell just by what empire vs republic name their characters, that the republic are the more mature crowd. If they're not going to offer some kind of incentives to the lacking faction though... they just need to add more daily/weekly quests for warzones... at least in wz's it's an evenly matched fair fight. Ilum is just a joke. If I was empire, I would feel like such a DB running around with 20 other losers picking off 1 or 2 players every 5 minutes while they fight over the stupid nodes. Just a terrible, terrible, terrible system. They either need to A: limit it to 20-30 players per side... AND/or AT LEAST give whichever faction has the disadvantage numbers wise a huge buff that stacks depending on how bad you're outnumbered. This worked out pretty well in WoW with wintergrasp. 20 people could compete with 50 with their stacked buff and it was enjoyable. There is NOTHING fun about Ilum for the republic... and I don't see how it's fun for the imperials, but obviously it is because any time we get 10 people in an ops group they must run through the fleet shouting like it's the second coming because all of a sudden there's 50 of them.

today we had a whole op just doing laps for 3hours waiting for imps to show up, and poor guys would just keep running into mid one at a time. It was sad (I think I got like 5 armaments all day).

Exactly my point. It's not fun for either side, you're either gang banging or getting gang banged. Neither of those options sounds like a fun time. We need arenas, or a better designed world PVP area. Maybe 4/1 ration kill grants no honor? That way when there's too many of one side... people will just leave because i'ts pointless.

I am on a server that gets rolled by the Empire almost nightly on Ilum. Many people have plain given up on trying for the crates. They really need to have another way to get the daily/weekly other than the crates in central and kills.

Maybe if you cap a spawn or shoot down a tank it could award you with 1 while capping a base rewards 3. This would actually make people care about capping North and South and defending the bases. Add a few crates to North and South and we would have some nice epic fights (if they ever fix the FPS issues).

Edited by KilmarFyrewynd

actually an open pvp zone like illum can't work. you have a battlefield where its size is designed for around 100 players of each faction (if not more) but the servers (clusters) seem to have capacity for only 200 of each faction.

only idiots could have set this up like this.

actually an open pvp zone like illum can't work. you have a battlefield where its size is designed for around 100 players of each faction (if not more) but the servers (clusters) seem to have capacity for only 200 of each faction.

And the award goes to............ !

The number of spawns should be kept as it is right now. The best thing about it is that , it requires some time to farm all 30 for the daily , and creates competition, cause the members of the other faction will always try to get some for their daily.

It's better to have "some" PvP than no PvP at all. Spawning armaments in a single capture point on Ilum it's what makes it possible for "some" PvP to be present in Ilum.

Armaments should be removed entirely. Increasing them would only encourage doing a PvP daily by NOT PvP-ing at all. Not to mention its unfair to help gear up the zerg faction and bring even bigger gear gap.

You want to gather PvP gear? Go do some PvP. No players from the other faction to fight with? Reroll or deal with it :cool:

If armaments remain in the game I would prefer that the central Ilum area gives you a periodic DoT after you run there for a certain amount of time. Would definitely help the zerg armament campers to be weakened and defeated by the smaller faction.

Worst thing is, the super low population cap also hinders PvE progress. Even on "heavy" pop servers the outnumbered faction ( pretty much always Republic ) seems to be stuck right after hitting 50, because there are not enough people to raid with and Ilum is camped 24/7 by legions of Empire.

Obviously that's not gonna help the already existing population imbalance.

Has anyone here played WoW? Have you taken advantage of playing the hourly BG's like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad (is it)?

They should have done it like that for Ilum. A max player limit for both sides, and a buff for side that wins. Keep the sides at the same size or if that can't be done, allow the weaker side a buff that enhances them while they are in Ilum and in the battle for Ilum for that round. Anyone trying to enter Ilum during this time over the limit of the pre-described sides will be ejected. This way you will have an even fight on both sides, you at least get a chance to go in there once an hour and work off your weekly. And at the end of it, you might end up with a valour buff for an hour to help within WZ's.

Any other time leave Ilum as it is, and you can grind out them stupid crates in the middle till the next battle arrives.

It would be an incentive to go there at least, fights would have a meaning, sides would be even (partially), and world PvP could still happen as it always does now.