Order of Ieldis | Council of Draay [OI! Community Guilds] - Mid-core PvE+

Defective-Monk

<< ORDER OF IELDIS | COUNCIL OF DRAAY >>

force-sensitive members of

the Order of Illuminatus gaming community

[url=http://www.oi-guild.com][/url]

On the far edge of the Outer Rim, two ships floated quietly near each other, uncomfortably close.

On the Blade of the Crucible, the Order of Ieldis watched for signs of ambush, eagerly waiting to flay the other cruiser with the might of the Empire.

On the Fist of the Covenant, the Council of Draay prepared themselves for betrayal, expecting nothing less than full treachery against the Republic.

But neither of these events came to pass. Two delegates from each side met on the opposing ships, discussing information and opportunities. The Empire, despite its resurgence, was unstable. The Republic, despite its longevity, was rotting from the inside. Conflict was inevitable, but the outcome was unclear. Even the most acute Sorcerors and Sages could not see past the cloud that approached on the horizon.

But on a world where the two factions clashed, a fateful meeting brought together two leaders of clashing loyalties, but similar ideologies. The Council did not trust the Republic to do what was necessary to secure the safety of the galaxy. The Order did not trust the influence of an absent Emporer. Both factions were considered radical, outsiders amongst their own people. While they did not trust each other... was it possible that they could use the other, benefit from the other's gains?

It was here, in the consuming blackness of abandoned space that they sought to answer those questions.

And barring a diplomatic solution...

...there was always the satisfying resolution of violence.

Who are we in SWTOR?

The Order of Ieldis (OI) and the Council of Draay (CoD) are fringe organizations within the Empire and Republic respectively that hold a tenuous alliance with each other for all the wrong reasons.

As of this update (12.2.13): We are primarily an Empire Side guild. The Order of Ieldis is host to all of our raids and events. We maintain the Council of Draay as a home away from home for all of our 'Pubbie alts.

We consider ourselves a mid-core guild (no, I didn't make that up, but I did steal it). We're on more than casual gamers, but we won't yell at you for missing things like hard-core guilds will.

We are a "mature" (a subjective term, I confess) bunch of players that cherish the comradrie that these types of online communities bring. We are FUN seeking individuals who crack jokes, are not shy at poking fun at each other and have a healthy level of in-house competition.

Who we are not:

We are NOT griefers - repeatedly harassing another player to ruin their game play.

We are NOT exploiters - breaking the EULA / ToS of the gaming company or utilizing faulty code to gain an advantage.

We are NOT trash talkers - we don't gloat over someone if we've killed them. Nor do we respond to such.

We are NOT braggarts - if you feel the need to brag about your accomplishments repeatedly and/or gloat then this is NOT the group for you.

What should you expect from the OI/CoD?

If you are part of our cross-faction guild, you should expect individuals that are motivated to see the clan grow, succeed, and get a kick out of causing/thwarting evil. Hey, we serve the force... Light, Dark and somewhere inbetween.

You should also expect to see people are self-sacrificing, giving, caring, and willing to dedicate their time and resources to help others within the clan succeed. We all recognize that it is through strengthening all individual in the group (through gear, experience, emotional support through real life etc.) that we are able to strengthen our greater whole.

That being said, we also appreciate the stoic loaners, those who are self-reliant enough to have fun without us. We are here to help as much as possible, as time allows. But like you, we play this game to have fun and (mostly anyway) escape the trials of the real world. Help us help you make you a better character / player / person but learning about the game and disseminating that knowledge to the clan!

Who are we as a gaming community?

We are a gaming community that has been around for many years through various MMORPG's. We currently have chapters here in SWTOR as well as in WoW (Eitrigg - Horde, Draka - Alliance) as well as several other games (EVE, GW2). All parties applying to one of our SWTOR chapters are joining the larger OI community, and thereby have access to both faction guilds of our SWTOR chapters and all of the chapters of the guild if they choose to migrate into another game the community is engaged in.

Life ALWAYS comes first outside of game. We recognize that the games we play do not last forever and are striving to build an online community that is there for its members through the years.

If you're not one of us?

We have quite a few members who enjoy the recognition and rewards of the PvP opportunities available in SWTOR. We are proud when our members earn respect for their accomplishments. In the open world, we attempt to respect the choices of the playerbase, whether it be PvE, RP or PvP. We're not here to ruin your game, merely enjoy ours.

How do we communicate?

We have an active community website and forum. In game, we use the standard /g channel, but we also utilize a 100 person Ventrillo server - paid for by member donations. It is highly recommended that members log onto Vent during their game time to socialize with the clan mates, and other community members.

How do you sign up?

Look for us in-game. We run organized events throughout the week and run helter-skelter other days/nights. We try to keep an eye on General chat, so hopefully your cries for a member/officer's attention will not go unseen, but you are most welcome to PM us here on the SWTOR forums or contact us through our guild website at http://www.oi-guild.com

Current in-game officers are:

Empire: Roheen, Monch, T'allon, Viida and Rinzlar

Republic: Isto, Roc'o, Rarden, Teneniel and Brancend

An easy way to find us is to join us in our open chat channel: /cjoin joinoi

Everyone joining the guild MUST post an application AND agree to the community rules. You should get a response to your application within 24 hours if not immediately. Once your application is posted we'll be in touch.

Thanks for your time and hope to see you in that galaxy far, far away.

Monch,

Loyal Supplicant to the Lords of the OI.

Edited by Defective-Monk

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to stop by and say if you are looking for a great community to join this is the place for you! , as an 8 year old gaming community we have all the resources need to have fun. I joined about 2 years ago and have gotten to know many of the members in this game and other games. All are good people who just wanna have fun and enjoy their game.

Feel free to contact me any time in game,

Roheen, Order of Ieldis GM (Empire)

*Additional Information To apply from our guild website:

1. Create a username on the website.
  2. After getting a confirmation letter, go to the "new member orientation" thread. From there we have preset application to follow as a guide.
  3. *note* Some email providers (such as yahoo) completely block our website's emails, so if you cannot get a conformation email please contact Roheen (Imp) or Roc'o (Rep) in game

As of 2/14/14 we are looking for members who want to be involved in and help build a strong helpful community, nothing make the game better then playing with a close guild

Edited by Nrock

Just thought I'd take a moment and give prospective members a view from the grunts in the trenches. I've been in OI for five years and have enjoyed it immensely. We're a mature, tight-knit and (mostly) drama free community so if you're looking for a group of friends to hang out with and explore SW:TOR, feel free to give us a shout and check us out. Hopefully see you in game,

- Sane

Just thought I'd take a moment and give prospective members a view from the grunts in the trenches. I've been in OI for five years and have enjoyed it immensely. We're a mature, tight-knit and (mostly) drama free community so if you're looking for a group of friends to hang out with and explore SW:TOR, feel free to give us a shout and check us out. Hopefully see you in game,

- Sane

As a fellow OIster, I feel obligated to say that if you hear Sane grunting, stay away from the head for a while...and crew quarters...oh, and the showers. It's just safer that way.

I have been an active member of the oi guild now for over 5 years and have very much enjoyed my time here.

I am usually active in mmo's but occasionally I find some other games to run-a-muck and there is usually others to participate with as well.

We have an active guild in swtor and are extremely easy to get along with our numbers are growing again as of late and we always welcome mature people to join forces with to smash stuff and generally have a good time.

Come join me and together we will take over the universe starting with Saskatchewan!!!!!:eek:

Greetings all!

I'm "PC" and I'm the leader of the Republic faction ~ Council of Draay! I live in St. Paul, Minnesota and have had the honor of serving in this leadership role for nearly a year. We are welcoming of all folks out there who are friendly and polite. Gaming with this group of folks is often zany and fun. Please join us if you're interested in a fulfilling, if not ridiculous, mid-core gaming experience.

Look me up in game...see you there!!!

Gnorgo | Praxila

<< Council of Draay | Order of Ieldis >>

Order of Illuminatus Gaming Community

Now recruiting forces for both the Republic and Empire on the Ebon Hawk server!

Relatively new member of OI here, been with the guild since October '12. I'd been out of MMOs since I quit EQ1 5 years ago after my first kid was born. The first guild I joined when I started SWTOR all up and left for GW2 while I was working out of town over a long weekend. A friend of mine from high school was in OI from WoW and had migrated on to SWTOR and recommended it to me.

There's a real feeling of community, camaraderie, and progression here, a trifecta that is missing from many guilds. You want to progress and do the latest content? You can do that. You want to level up 6 alts at the same time? You can do that. You want to get a ranked PvP group going? You can do that. You want to take a week off and go try Diablo 5? You'll probably have 12 other OIsters from 5 different games joining you there. Got no interest in Diablo 5 and worried that there won't be anyone left in game? You'll still have a group waiting.

It's rare to have all these options available in a guild without a mandatory attendance or level policy. If you're looking for a guild that allows you the flexiblility that RL requires and still allows you to see the endgame, OI is for you.

Kallyx, 50 sorc

Honeybunch, 50 VG

I don't really use these forums, but I wanted to add my support for this guild. I have been a member of the Oi Community since 2005 and I have never once even considered finding another guild. Simply put, these guys are the best :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New expansion, new cartel packs, new members... cleverly mixed with a dash of returning veterans and old-school fun. It's a recipe for awesome!!!

:jawa_cool:

(This has been an unpaid endorsement from the People who say OI!)

>monk

Edited by Defective-Monk

:ph_agree:

I just wanted to put my input in as a new MMO player... OI has been there to teach me how to be the healer I am today, and I have had a great time the entire time :) If you are looking for a great group of people to bond with, laugh with, and overall have a kickin' time, this is the group for you! I am thankful for the day that I became a member of OI!

-Mitthrawodo

Edited by FuzzieFroggie

• 2 weeks later...