Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Class Rep] Three Questions Regarding Our Wonderful Class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
[Class Rep] Three Questions Regarding Our Wonderful Class

Kaos_KidSWTOR's Avatar


Kaos_KidSWTOR
03.03.2014 , 04:14 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by ScytheEleven View Post
I am 99.99% certain you cannot pull a Sniper/Slinger while they are rolling. They are immune to all damage/physics while rolling...hence why when I'm on mine, I'll save my roll when going against a PT Pyro for when they use TD so I can resist it.

Ive used Harpoon on a Sniper and an Operative using their rolls, you are Immune to Damage, but not physics or knockback. This also allows for the Jump scatter bombs glitch. you have to time it just right, and pull them as they roll otherwise they pull their cover screen up, and nothing happens. I have been knocked around several times while using Covered Escape/Hightail It and pulled atleast once

Kooziejr's Avatar


Kooziejr
03.04.2014 , 01:53 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
Also, you forget something, you can Grapple the sniper while he is Rolling... So, Argument Invalid. Just grapple the sniper, Cryo him, and run away.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
Ive used Harpoon on a Sniper and an Operative using their rolls, you are Immune to Damage, but not physics or knockback.
A tooltip from the game says "While rolling, your chance to dodge attacks is increased by 100%." All things affecting physics/knockbacks are attacks! You cannot grapple a sniper WHILE THEY ARE IN THEIR ROLL - it is possible to grapple them when the animation happens but this is due to grapple hitting before the animation started by animation lag. You are IMMUNE to grapple during roll! Don't bother arguing this point with me unless you provide footage of you actually pulling them mid roll.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
i almost exclusively play my Vanguard tank in PvP
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
Thing is, I play Tank PT and VG because of the leap, That and it's decent fun. I would play Pyro over tank if it had a leap.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
I rarely ever think of Hydraulic Overrides/Hold The Line because as a Merc in leveling, and as my Vanguard during leveling, i never had them! I didnt level as Tactics or Arsenal, i leveled as Tank, and Healer for my Merc. So, as a result im not conditioned to use them! I typically just use Kolto Overload or Grapple them to me
Yes I get it. You don't play PT DPS but you think you know what is best.......and you don't use Hydraulic override so you want it changed for jet charge because you think "it is fun"... Yes...Okay...........this makes no sense.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
But since your so closed minded, you cant see what could work. If it doesnt work, then you can always just go back to Square one
Im not closed minded I just understand and know more about the game than you do. Not necessary to implement a terrible suggestion to see it will not work.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
I am not sure what this rambling is about.
No one does. This is so stupid. Sad thing is someone else will say it and get really defensive over later in the thread. This will be the last time I explain it hopefully they will refer to your link so they understand the game and class a little better (highly doubtful they will).

Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post
Kooziejr isn't the most polite or eloquent guy sometimes, but this is exactly what he means by 'learn to play'. Learn to use the existing tools at your disposal to close gaps as a DPS. The tools are already ridiculously good. Use them!
I gave up on Mr. nice guy with people who insist on stupid things and waste space in this thread when we could be formulating good questions. So instead I'll just be a jerk to people who make insanely stupid suggestions.
Koozie
/creampie

TheSupaCoopa's Avatar


TheSupaCoopa
03.05.2014 , 08:31 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Kooziejr View Post
A tooltip from the game says "While rolling, your chance to dodge attacks is increased by 100%." All things affecting physics/knockbacks are attacks! You cannot grapple a sniper WHILE THEY ARE IN THEIR ROLL - it is possible to grapple them when the animation happens but this is due to grapple hitting before the animation started by animation lag. You are IMMUNE to grapple during roll! Don't bother arguing this point with me unless you provide footage of you actually pulling them mid roll.





Yes I get it. You don't play PT DPS but you think you know what is best.......and you don't use Hydraulic override so you want it changed for jet charge because you think "it is fun"... Yes...Okay...........this makes no sense.



Im not closed minded I just understand and know more about the game than you do. Not necessary to implement a terrible suggestion to see it will not work.


No one does. This is so stupid. Sad thing is someone else will say it and get really defensive over later in the thread. This will be the last time I explain it hopefully they will refer to your link so they understand the game and class a little better (highly doubtful they will).



I gave up on Mr. nice guy with people who insist on stupid things and waste space in this thread when we could be formulating good questions. So instead I'll just be a jerk to people who make insanely stupid suggestions.
Duran'del here:

Seriously? I understand you know a lot about this game, but you are an ELITIST. You're a great player, but you can't expect for everyone else to be great at this game, too. And I've said this multiple times: PTs are a go-for-the-face style class. Its hard to go for the face when you can't grab it.

Also, we've seen the Fetts, the ORIGINAL bounty Hunters, use their jetpack multiple times, but as a DPS PT, you use it for o w or two skills. And that's it. I don't feel like a BA bounty hunter in this game. I feel like a bumbling idiot who isn't smart enough to realize he has a jetpack.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

Brunner_Venda's Avatar


Brunner_Venda
03.05.2014 , 08:56 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
Duran'del here:

Seriously? I understand you know a lot about this game, but you are an ELITIST. You're a great player, but you can't expect for everyone else to be great at this game, too. And I've said this multiple times: PTs are a go-for-the-face style class. Its hard to go for the face when you can't grab it.

Also, we've seen the Fetts, the ORIGINAL bounty Hunters, use their jetpack multiple times, but as a DPS PT, you use it for o w or two skills. And that's it. I don't feel like a BA bounty hunter in this game. I feel like a bumbling idiot who isn't smart enough to realize he has a jetpack.
It sounds elitist, but when you balance a class for bad players to excel (smash Mara, assassin). The people who are really good at it are insane and unstoppable, making the class ridiculously overpowered.

Adding jet charge to pyro PT would do that, it would be like the ridiculous number of stuns assassins have, or the knockdown opener for DPS operatives that does 9K damage.

If you want jet charge so bad, stay ion cell. Seriously. I already explained the slow mechanics that DPS PT's have, on top of the PULL, which is twice as good as jet charge. If you refuse to listen, you're as bad as Koozie thinks you are. (A BC pub too, likely not a part of Infamous, I'm hitting close to the mark here)

Example: last night. 1-1 huttball match. 30 seconds left. Frog dogs passed the ball forward Hail Mary style to keep it for the win. I pulled the guy back AWAY from his pet tank and healer, and into a crowd of five DPS allies. We won with seconds left on the clock. The pull is full of win. Jet charge is fail.

OM-AR's Avatar


OM-AR
03.06.2014 , 03:44 AM | #135
As a non-mechanics thing I would like to see explosive dart launched from my back pack ( if equipped ), just like the rocket boost legacy item ( feet or back depending on equipment ).
The Red Eclipse:
Marauder: OM'AR Assassin: OMAAR Bounty Hunter: O’maar

Kooziejr's Avatar


Kooziejr
03.06.2014 , 04:46 AM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
I don't feel like a BA bounty hunter in this game. I feel like a bumbling idiot who isn't smart enough to realize he has a jetpack.
That's actually pretty funny. +1 for making me laugh

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
but you are an ELITIST
That's not true. I happily ask other players how they play their class and what I should do as well as try and teach others AND very rarely do I put people down apart from when they harp on about jet charge. As far as I am concerned, put it in the questions... I feel like enough people in the community actually want it...which is fine. Let's put it in the questions and waste one. And even if they do put it in and exchange it for HO so that I would feel like a "bumbling idiot" playing it against anyone decent I have 2 - 3 other classes I love to play too.

Hot tip for you. Gain jet charge and lose HO against a Carnage mara or Veng jugg. you won't even get 50% of their health off them! Good luck.

Question 3) Some players in the community feel jet charge should be implemented due to lack of mobility of powertechs and inability to engage the enemy such as other melee classes (juggs/maras). Tanks don't have a real use for jet charge so perhaps putting it as a baseline skill where everyone can access it would be wise because its not very fun to play tank but it is much more fun to play as a DPS with jet charge. Also, we feel that a bounter hunter should have jet charge because it doesn't feel like a bounter hunter without it.

These were seriously the arguments I have got form everyone who has every asked for jet charge so far so forgive my sarcasm. Trust me, bioware devs will die laughing reading that...so unless you guys can come up with a very very good explanation as to why it should be added (e.g., parsing will increase 8% and it shouldn't affect PvP balance - but actually make PvP more balanced) than I really think you need to let it go.

On a sidenote, I would definitely use Jet charge if it got added. Not to engage the enemy like I think 95% of people would do but to leap at them when they were trying to retreat and then HO away after I killed them (this would be so insanely OP).
Koozie
/creampie

TheSupaCoopa's Avatar


TheSupaCoopa
03.06.2014 , 06:16 AM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Kooziejr View Post
That's actually pretty funny. +1 for making me laugh



That's not true. I happily ask other players how they play their class and what I should do as well as try and teach others AND very rarely do I put people down apart from when they harp on about jet charge. As far as I am concerned, put it in the questions... I feel like enough people in the community actually want it...which is fine. Let's put it in the questions and waste one. And even if they do put it in and exchange it for HO so that I would feel like a "bumbling idiot" playing it against anyone decent I have 2 - 3 other classes I love to play too.

Hot tip for you. Gain jet charge and lose HO against a Carnage mara or Veng jugg. you won't even get 50% of their health off them! Good luck.

Question 3) Some players in the community feel jet charge should be implemented due to lack of mobility of powertechs and inability to engage the enemy such as other melee classes (juggs/maras). Tanks don't have a real use for jet charge so perhaps putting it as a baseline skill where everyone can access it would be wise because its not very fun to play tank but it is much more fun to play as a DPS with jet charge. Also, we feel that a bounter hunter should have jet charge because it doesn't feel like a bounter hunter without it.

These were seriously the arguments I have got form everyone who has every asked for jet charge so far so forgive my sarcasm. Trust me, bioware devs will die laughing reading that...so unless you guys can come up with a very very good explanation as to why it should be added (e.g., parsing will increase 8% and it shouldn't affect PvP balance - but actually make PvP more balanced) than I really think you need to let it go.

On a sidenote, I would definitely use Jet charge if it got added. Not to engage the enemy like I think 95% of people would do but to leap at them when they were trying to retreat and then HO away after I killed them (this would be so insanely OP).
I do agree with you about the Hydraulic Overrides Vs Jet Charge, and how amazing HO is for 1v1s. Its an excellent tool, and I've found that its kinda fun to charge a group and activate HO as a "try to stop me now" contingency.

Sorry for calling you an elitist. My brain doesn't work very well at night.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

OM-AR's Avatar


OM-AR
03.06.2014 , 09:11 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Kooziejr View Post
That's actually pretty funny. +1 for making me laugh



That's not true. I happily ask other players how they play their class and what I should do as well as try and teach others AND very rarely do I put people down apart from when they harp on about jet charge. As far as I am concerned, put it in the questions... I feel like enough people in the community actually want it...which is fine. Let's put it in the questions and waste one. And even if they do put it in and exchange it for HO so that I would feel like a "bumbling idiot" playing it against anyone decent I have 2 - 3 other classes I love to play too.

Hot tip for you. Gain jet charge and lose HO against a Carnage mara or Veng jugg. you won't even get 50% of their health off them! Good luck.

Question 3) Some players in the community feel jet charge should be implemented due to lack of mobility of powertechs and inability to engage the enemy such as other melee classes (juggs/maras). Tanks don't have a real use for jet charge so perhaps putting it as a baseline skill where everyone can access it would be wise because its not very fun to play tank but it is much more fun to play as a DPS with jet charge. Also, we feel that a bounter hunter should have jet charge because it doesn't feel like a bounter hunter without it.

These were seriously the arguments I have got form everyone who has every asked for jet charge so far so forgive my sarcasm. Trust me, bioware devs will die laughing reading that...so unless you guys can come up with a very very good explanation as to why it should be added (e.g., parsing will increase 8% and it shouldn't affect PvP balance - but actually make PvP more balanced) than I really think you need to let it go.

On a sidenote, I would definitely use Jet charge if it got added. Not to engage the enemy like I think 95% of people would do but to leap at them when they were trying to retreat and then HO away after I killed them (this would be so insanely OP).
Not taking pvp into account as that is not my department, but I rolled PT because it is a cool class ( seems to me like a Predator-Bobba Fett hybrid ) and I knew it would not compare to my marauder's dps ( what the future holds I never know ).

Jet charge will not increase our dps that is a fact and couldn't care less if it didn't , but it will be damn fun to use!

All of this again is pve wise.
The Red Eclipse:
Marauder: OM'AR Assassin: OMAAR Bounty Hunter: O’maar

Kooziejr's Avatar


Kooziejr
03.06.2014 , 09:24 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by OM-AR View Post
Not taking pvp into account as that is not my department, but I rolled PT because it is a cool class ( seems to me like a Predator-Bobba Fett hybrid ) and I knew it would not compare to my marauder's dps ( what the future holds I never know ).

Jet charge will not increase our dps that is a fact and couldn't care less if it didn't , but it will be damn fun to use!

All of this again is pve wise.
Hell yeah it would be fun! But so would stealth!
Koozie
/creampie

Ottoattack's Avatar


Ottoattack
03.06.2014 , 10:01 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Kooziejr View Post
Hell yeah it would be fun! But so would stealth!
I agree. PT should have leap, stealth and HO. Last time I played a WZ I died, and I got pretty upset about it. I was like man, if I have vanish. I also think I should have something like hidden strike so when I come out of stealth I can drop 20-25K in 3-4 GCD. I think globaling 2 people while EF is on is fair game. Then before the third one tries to run I will JC then HO. After all, PT is supposed to bad a**.

Man I give up.