Kicked From SM FP's?

Really is this what Flashpoints have come to? I got kicked from SM Foundry for being "woefully undergeared (dps)" with custom gear rated 88 and prototype implants and +41 color crystals. I was 3 levels higher then the min level for the FP, is that really "woefully undergeared"?

I can understand being worried about an undergeared member of an Ops or HM run but SM Foundry?

Edited by Athena-Nike

Really is this what Flashpoints have come to? I got kicked from SM Foundry for being "woefully undergeared (dps)" with custom gear rated 88 and prototype implants and +41 color crystals. I was 3 levels higher then the min level for the FP, is that really "woefully undergeared"?

I can understand being worried about an undergeared member of an Ops or HM run but SM Foundry?

That's really too bad. I assume the tank kicked you? There are people who just value gear and not actual skills of the player. and are quite rude about it. Everyone has gotten kicked at one point or another for a dumb reason. Fortunately, 95% of the players do not act this way. I was in SM TFB last night for the first time, and the players were all super nice and helpful regarding my "noobness" in this operation.

I'd never kick anyone from a story mode flashpoint unless and until they showed they weren't coping and couldn't be coached through. Heck, the only times I've ever encouraged anyone to drop out was in LI HM when someone showed up in less than Tionese. Basically, it was not you, it was them being an idiot.

yeah some stupid idiot kicked me from HM foundry yesterday because i was "undergeared",5 minutes later i queued again and i managed to keep everyone alive without even wasting 100 force all thanks to static barrier,undergeared my womp rat you son of a gundark. Edited by _biddan_

That's certainly a surprise. I've only EVER been kicked from a group once. IT was a HM FP and yeah I was undergreared and very obviously slowing down the group. Frustrating part was they kicked me at the final boss IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIGHT! Oh well. Life just sucks sometimes.

That's certainly a surprise. I've only EVER been kicked from a group once. IT was a HM FP and yeah I was undergreared and very obviously slowing down the group. Frustrating part was they kicked me at the final boss IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIGHT! Oh well. Life just sucks sometimes.

Ya that sucks, I got kicked before the opening dialogue. Oh well just /ignore the kicker and move on..

I don't think I ever even checked the gear of anyone during a levelling flashpoint, unless their HP was noticeably low for their level. Gear is almost irrelevant in these unless you purposefully screw it up by, I don't know, stacking Aim as a Guardian.

I have gear checked people in flashpoints and shook my head over what I saw, then I slapped the jerk out of me and got down to the task at hand and hoped the relevant peices dropped for them to gear up. Most often I am surprised by how they perform given the gear handicap.

That said why should I be surprised that people in "sub par" gear can play when theres plenty of people in the top gear who suck donkey ding dongs

I've been kicked once because one of their friends D/C and then returned and they told me about it and said they were sorry, yet i got punished by the stupid 15min Group Finder block for getting kicked. I understand leaving a group etc... but why should i get punished when they kick me out for that reason.

I've been kicked once because one of their friends D/C and then returned and they told me about it and said they were sorry, yet i got punished by the stupid 15min Group Finder block for getting kicked. I understand leaving a group etc... but why should i get punished when they kick me out for that reason.

if true, you should report bug.you get 15 min lockout if you leave team, if getting kicked, you can join que straight away again.

Honestly at least your excuse makes sense I was healing Esseles SM and I won 3 roles which two other people needed. They then accused me of "hacking" to get the highest roles and they kicked me. I explained the ods of someone winning 3 roles is 1/9 (1/3)^2 but they just booted me

• 2 weeks later...
I only recently started doing dailies etc on my guardian... and was/am fairly under geared. I had about 13k health (lol I know) since I had no daily gear, no flashpoint gear etc. (didnt know about the free pvp gear at that point). I managed to tank a hardmode flashpoint with a group that had people better geared than I and we made it fine.

its possible it was a group of friends that just wanted to do it by them self's(since they kicked you before the first cut ) i mean i do know that most have accepted that you have to have 4 t start a GF but don't have to end with 4

• 3 months later...
Back when I first started playing people complained because I was under geared or needing on items with the wrong specs. And when I would ask them theyd get very rude and snobby saying something like "youre level 30 you should have figured it out by now" Yeah I know it was high level but give me a break it was really my first time playing and I didn't know how the game worked. But anyway when I was a high level 31 or 32 (this is on my agent by the way)I asked someone again in an FP and he was kind enough to tell me. But now i'm under speced in some areas because I have to slowly get the gear with cunning.

My favorite comparable experience was being kicked prior to the final boss of False Emperor not because of the stat distribution or quality of my gear, but because I had chosen shells that constituted an "ugly *** outfit".

Being grouped with guilds (Immortal Guard on Covenant, in this case) has an unfortunate tendency to promote such behavior, in my experience. :( Some people seem to make the leap from 'guildies first' to 'non-guildies aren't people, and it doesn't matter how you treat them'.

My favorite comparable experience was being kicked prior to the final boss of False Emperor not because of the stat distribution or quality of my gear, but because I had chosen shells that constituted an "ugly *** outfit".

Being grouped with guilds (Immortal Guard on Covenant, in this case) has an unfortunate tendency to promote such behavior, in my experience. :( Some people seem to make the leap from 'guildies first' to 'non-guildies aren't people, and it doesn't matter how you treat them'.

I would fully expect to be tossed out of my guild on my butt for exhibiting that kind of behavior. Were they planning to take a screenshot of themselves standing over Malgus' body?Yes, I know you toss him over the side:rolleyes:

I have kicked exactly 1 person from an SM FP - which was a full DPS geared Jugg. It was either him or the healer who was leaving and to be fair, she was really trying to keep him up, as was I (DPS merc with support cylinder). Really only kicked him because he was nasty when we called him out on it and asked if he had any tank gear.

Edited by Stressfire

I would fully expect to be tossed out of my guild on my butt for exhibiting that kind of behavior. Were they planning to take a screenshot of themselves standing over Malgus' body?Yes, I know you toss him over the side:rolleyes:.

Lately it seems that he always dies during that final 'face your destiny' bit, so you can totally take a screenshot of his body. :)

Yes, yes, still a douche reason to kick somebody out of an FP.

i vote only crazy needers..never got kicked myself but they were just jerks. i healed a f2p tank with level 40 mods and greens in the heroic at the black hole. it was a bit hard and i think you must be lucky to complete a HM FP with someone with that gear but you can do any SM with just greens..

Levelling alts at present I'm finding massive difference in game understanding/skill in lower level FPs.

My current levelling alt is DPS and I'm becoming dismayed with queuing for an hour only to discover that someone else in the group out levels the FP by five or six levels, which decimates my xp gain through out the run :rolleyes:

Well I didn't complete red reaper FP yet and I'm level 50. Still I'd like to do it at least once in SM before I start doing it HM. I just hope people in group won't be too upset about me being 5 levels above.

I know you may want to run it in a group but solo it at 50 :) or get a friend and two man it , you can take your time and look at all of it etc ,,, .. in SM ..

Just a thought ..

Edited by moonshoter