Faction Balance...(Yeah I know)

-NightFall-

I know some feel that this a dead horse issue and has been discussed but none the less, I commence to dead horse beating...

I think faction balance is an issue for the long term longevity of this game. Face it, Star Wars IS about faction vs Faction. I personally chose to play on a PvP server and leveled an Empire Character to level 30 and then decided to switch to republic after playing Huttball :mad: what felt like ten thousand times in a row.

I realized that if there is no republic opponents that Empire is going to be VERY boring at higher levels. This would make open world pvp a nightmare if you are republic because you will get zerged. Whats the point of being Empire or Republic if there is no opposite faction. I think the faction population imbalance is greater than people realize. I would venture to guess it is in the 80% vs 20% range with Empire being favorable.

Faction Balance is an issue they need to try and resolve somehow with possibly offering incentives to go republic. They should have come out the gates doing this knowing there would be balance issues because they existed in Beta as well.

One thing that surprises me about Bioware is that they dont seem to be learning from other MMORPG's mistakes/lessons. They seem to be determined to re-invent the wheel for some reason.

Edited by -NightFall-

The problem is that Bioware has made most of the empire mirrors much more appealing and desirable with the aesthetics than the republic side. For example shall i play a consular and throw rocks at people or play a inquisitor and shoot lightning at people? They could have made it so consulars shoot blue force pulses or energy instead of rocks......Also jedi knight end game pvp armor looks like trooper armour where as sith warrior armour makes you look like a bad ***.

I play republic and i plan to stay playing the republic because i like to play the underdog but Bioware really needs to make the republic side more aesthetically pleasing

I think its worse than 4 to 1 (80%/20%). I too would love world pvp but it aint gonna happen til things even out a bit. Sith can scream all they want for more world pvp but that would entail them forcing it upon us because we just are not interested as things are. If sith want more world pvp then quit friggin ganking everyone, driving them out of questing zones and let us get to 50. Then we can talk. Its YOU holding up the world pvp, not us. Sith nubs.

Wow, let's not start with the hypocritical statements of " They keep ganking us". I was questing today and it occurred at least 5 times where jedi's would interrupt me while I'm battling 5 mobs. It works both ways. I accept it however and am fully aware of what I got myself into when I clicked a "PvP" server.

You chose a PVP server, there should be no complaints about ganking the other faction. Deal with it.

I have to say i worry about the futur of this game sometimes, how could they not see that happenning ?

A monkey would go empire looking at both rep and empire character creation screen.

Add yodas or wookies or both to rep side if you want any balance.

I was wondering when the faction imbalance threads would begin to appear. Oh, I knew they would come someday. Typical if you ask me.

This added nothing to the discussion. Dont Complain or argue. Talk the issue out and come to a solution.

When AION was released they Added a "Faction Balancer" Which has some bad aspects to it and some good aspects.

What it would do is Lock one faction side from character creation at like 53% or what not.

Pro's - You keep a Fair Server.

Con's - People wont make characters on that server and they'll move somewere else

Im sure both have more pros and cons then the 2 i came up with, But Try to keep the disscussion to helpful posts, Rather than user harrasment.

I think faction balance is an issue for the long term longevity of this game.

Is it really? Not everyone PVPs. Not everyone is interested. Historically, MMos are far more about PVE than PVP. PVP certainly isnt the factor that governs an MMOs longevity.

SW is about the two factions, but it's more about the story. Which is what we have right now. The longevity of SWTOR will be judged on the same things as other MMOs - what you can do in PVE at endgame. PVP will now and always be seen as a side game that not everyone wants to play.