New seeker droid setup!

morfius

Is plain stupid.

Grey item for 5 credits at the end of trail ... and 4 sterilization kits locking site, are you trying to make thing much more harder than they were pretending that loot table has been corrected?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been at it for about an hour now and all I've found is speeder parts which were meant to be rarer than the Dreadseed/Starforger sets, whatever they've done I want it back the way it was, least I found the bloody armour and made a few credits off the rest of the junk I found

45 minutes .... and suddenly ''Your seeker droid found something'' ... I hold my breath and open my inventory .... ''Magnetized Security Spike'' .... sells for 5 credits to a vendor .... I made more from killing the sandpeople and looting the chest than I did selling stuff the seeker droid found.

Yeah, at no point should the "something interesting" be a gray level 10 item. It's a time consuming process that should never return garbage for a successful search. I can understand not filling up peoples inventory with greens and blues, but for crying out loud there needs to be something for the time spent.

Yet again they have killed off a part of the game they spent a lot of time developing. When you go through a blue seeker boost and all you find is a zombie nerf, that is a huge waste of time and effort. This nerf was as idiotic as nerfing the drops from champions. are they so worried about green mods and grey garbage dropping they needed to spend time on this? yet they cant find time to fix actual bugs?

45 minutes .... and suddenly ''Your seeker droid found something'' ... I hold my breath and open my inventory .... ''Magnetized Security Spike'' .... sells for 5 credits to a vendor .... I made more from killing the sandpeople and looting the chest than I did selling stuff the seeker droid found.

Yes me too. I was there for a little over an hour and all I got was 2 gray items. Signed onto my other character to check the GTN, when I signed back in I couldn't deploy my seeker droid, so I guess someone popped in and within 5 minutes got the treasure lol

Hmmm, this is even more of an incentive not to do this. The greens and blues weren't even worth my time doing this, this makes it even less appealing.

I did use the mods/enhancements I used to get to nearly gear up Gault lol And I used to make 20 - 30K credits even if I didn't get anything just from the grays, today I made 10 credits lol

And who said games are supposed to be fun? Whoever it was doesn't work for BioWare :D

Edited by Repman

Update :: After 2 hours using seeker droid on Tatooine ... 5 x grey items (total 65 credits) ... 2 x speeder parts (both duplicates of parts I'd already found) ... 2 x seeker droid deployment boosts.

Quite disappointing considering I used to RE any green mods to craft blue's for new players / guildies, as well as making some credits for my time.

Update :: After 2 hours using seeker droid on Tatooine ... 5 x grey items (total 65 credits) ... 2 x speeder parts (both duplicates of parts I'd already found) ... 2 x seeker droid deployment boosts.

Quite disappointing considering I used to RE any green mods to craft blue's for new players / guildies, as well as making some credits for my time.

Looks as though you could have made better use of your time going to a starter planet and killing random critters. Too bad, I had high hopes for the seeker droid thingy.

Looks as though you could have made better use of your time going to a starter planet and killing random critters. Too bad, I had high hopes for the seeker droid thingy.

Why would I putz around and walk away with 5000 after 2 hours?

Exactly ... it's one more set of missions I'm not going to bother with any more.

It is TOTALLY ruined. What I used to enjoy doing waiting for things to pop was "dig for treasure". I'd get a few thou in credits selling the junk and RE the parts for some mats.

Now, I suppose if the ONLY thing you are interested in are speeder parts (I don't need another speeder - they all do the same thing anyway) they do seem to drop more often, but I ended up with 2 speeder parts (1 dup) and a couple of credits (I couldn't figure out which grey item the seeker had FOUND but probably the 10 credit item) and a lot of frustration as the area went from green "something nearby" to red - nothing detected over and over. And, my toon didn't move when this kept happening. Oh, I did get a chest, oh wow 6 gems that are worthless and 6 pieces of hypercloth I could sell on GTN for maybe 200 credits total?

I liked it the way it was. I was worried when I saw it was changing in patch notes - but I didn't dream they nerf it so badly that I can't imagine doing it again. Because it was one of my favourite things before.

Edited by Ryenke

VERY unhappy with the seeker droid changes. this is what USED to happen...

I would find a site. and start digging. most times seeker droid came up with greys...which i would actually fill 1/2 my bag with before i sent my companion away to sell it (usually about 5k worth of stuff per trip)

then I would find green/blue armor and weps. I would vendor these to make a few more credits.

I would also find armoring and mods. they were all junk BUT i would send them to an alt to RE and gain mats i could use for making better mods.

I rarely found orange gear. But it was nice when i did.

I would spend about 4 hrs at each digsite per day ( ya...i would visit all tat sites and switch instances when needed.) I know i know...that is a TON of time wasted. But it was worth it because of the credits i was making in the hopes of finding Dreadseed gear.

NOW BW took it all away. I just spent an hour searching a digsite and all i found was a deployment thing..

I dont complain much, in fact...several parts of the game are really well done and have sided with BW/EA on several things (ppl complaining of lag, bugs, etc that i never encountered, etc ) but this is uncalled for.

I have said though that maybe the only change that is to be needed is how the droid tells you were to dig...kind of like the HK scanner does.

Please...change this back. Dont do what D3 does and "fix it til its broke."...I want to keep paying my sub. Please give me a reason too. keep this game great.

I can't believe it. I finally finished my seeker droid heroic and started digging just a few days ago and did enjoy it in a way and now the fun is already over again. I liked all the mods I got because I could use them for my companions. I haven't found anything really special yet, but several times a couple of basic comms which I could use as well to get gear.

And now, as of today, I can make 10 credits selling my extraordinairy grey treasure. Why, oh why?

This is sadly the direction the game is going. If it continues I wont be staying. I have been here since beta. its not the change but the constant nerfing just to piss people off. No idea if this is a bug or wAI. and of course the devs cant be bothered to say so either way.

i want to keep being a subscriber. This is a STAR WARS GAME. but i want to feel like ....i dont know. The seeker droid ws one part of the game besides flashpoints, that i was doing really good at. Now there wont be people to give advice about where to go or other help with seeker droid stuff...I kind of feel like someone with a liberal arts degree...useless.

This is ridiculous. The Seeker Droid/Binocular rewards should be enhanced to bring more people in, not nerfed :confused: There should be a (very very small but still) chance to dig up the Czerka Crate-O-Matic with it, Encrypted Datacubes, companion gifts etc. Lots of stuff that although may not necessarily be uber expensive (companion gifts or Datacubes surely ain't) would still feel like worth and/or useful rewards. Heck, even the trash items that sold for nice credits weren't that bad, at worst case we were making some cash. And the green mods were useful as hell for REing. Absolutely no idea why Bioware did this. Edited by Pietrastor

I can kind of see why they made a change, but the change they made is just awful.

In two days of "fishing" for around 6 hours all told, I made at least 500k credits (if not more, wasn't really paying too much attention) by selling everything to a vendor that wasn't a "keeper".

Today I spent about an hour before I got tired of it after the 12th gray "something interesting" showed up. I have also run into the false positives when there is no one else around...one after getting it down to really close only to have the next seek that should have given me something interesting instead returning the red "no mas" circle.

On top of that, the prototype (blue) secure crate is returning impeccable gemstones...which unless I'm mistaken were removed from the game once already because there is nothing that uses them.

The "something interesting" should always return an actual interesting item...not a 10 cr gray item. In the past that is the future I'd have to believe these droids can tell the difference between trash and treasure.

Let me get this straight, you folks are upset that green and blue drops have gone away in place of speeder and armor parts rates going up?

No. The problem is spending 10 minutes looking for any return, spending another 2 minutes zeroing in on it and getting a "something interesting" that is a 10 credit gray item.

I had all the armor parts before this change, now I'm getting more I don't need and which are only worth 30 cr vended.

The change that needed to be made was removal of all "finds" that happened outside of the "something interesting" finds. That's cool. The drop rate for armor and speeder parts should have been left alone, but I won't complain if they want to make it easier to get the speeders because once I do I'm done seeking. But above all the "something interesting" returns needed to actually be something interesting...not green or blue gear, not artifact 28 enhancements...but something worth spending 10 minutes of mind-numbing tedium in order to find.

No. The problem is spending 10 minutes looking for any return, spending another 2 minutes zeroing in on it and getting a "something interesting" that is a 10 credit gray item.

I had all the armor parts before this change, now I'm getting more I don't need and which are only worth 30 cr vended.

The change that needed to be made was removal of all "finds" that happened outside of the "something interesting" finds. That's cool. The drop rate for armor and speeder parts should have been left alone, but I won't complain if they want to make it easier to get the speeders because once I do I'm done seeking. But above all the "something interesting" returns needed to actually be something interesting...not green or blue gear, not artifact 28 enhancements...but something worth spending 10 minutes of mind-numbing tedium in order to find.

Just spent 20 minutes looking for something, another 10 or so zeroing in on it only to have it vanish, then 35 more minutes looking for something and never finding it...so fun...

Ah well, my wife has been asking me to play WoW with her. I believe I will...

Signed. I just don't understand by the developers continue to make such significant changes to the game without any kind of forewarning or explanation of their reasoning. I was planning on putting in the time to dig up all the goodies, but I'm so frustrated now that I'm not sure I ever will.

Signed. I just don't understand by the developers continue to make such significant changes to the game without any kind of forewarning or explanation of their reasoning. I was planning on putting in the time to dig up all the goodies, but I'm so frustrated now that I'm not sure I ever will.

"They don't want you to do it'" seems like only explanation. Apparently people were earning money from digging for hours, and that can't be, only source of money should be dalies and/or fp/ops/wz. Same thing happened to space missions, after nerfig it's rewards to oblivion they removed any reason to do them outside achievements/specific gear for fleet comms.

You still may do those things for specific rewards(speeder parts, legacy shells, space comms), but don't count on any rewards you used to get. And for seeker droid it means no rewards at all unless you actually manage to find something.

I really wish someone from Bioware would explain their rationale on adding the level 10 grey items as 'treasure' because it really just seems like they are giving us the middle finger with those. It's like leaving a two cent tip at a restaurant. It's worse than nothing.