Crap behavior (a minor rant)

MSchuyler

So I was fighting the Head Bad Guy, guy with a gold crown with HP more than twice above mine. So I got my biggest medpac in order, plugged in a stim, and after the fight started I hit my Heroic Moment. This was going to be close. Naturally my Companion bought the farm, so it's just me and the Big Guy. He's wailing on me and another player comes in behind him and STEALS THE PRIZE! It was a canister of viruses or some darned thing. It hardly matters. It was MY PRIZE! I was the one putting out to get it. So I won by about a second, but the prize was gone.

When I come across a situation like that and see a fight in progress, I'll frequently help the guy out, knowing full well I won't earn a thing. It's the neighborly thing to do. If I could find that guy I'd kill him dead. What I think of that behavior can't be printed here, but you know what? It's completely unethical. Whoever you are I hope you read this. You are a mealy mouthed, snaggle toothed, pock-faced, retard Mama's Boy who is never ever going to get laid. I hope the Crab Army cuts you into a thousand small pieces and feeds you to the sharks. You are a completely useless dweeb and don't deserve the oxygen you breathe. This last sentence is actually a string of profanity. :mad::mad::mad:

Well, to be fair to the OP, sometimes you can't. Sometimes, the mob is between you and the "shiny thing" with no way around.

Unless you can stealth, then you have no excuse.

most things now are clickable during the fight (fixed long time ago, as at first you had to be out of fight to interact with object like chest).

If they aren't, they will either respawn in 30 sec (so OP will have time to chill, as he seems to need time to cool off), or are converstaions (so will not dissapear).

I think one of very few exceptions to it, is one of belsavis daily on IMP side, where you have to kill elite mob (who hits hard aoe so non healer companion dies very often) to get the shiny cube (or stealth sap him), but I'm not sure if they changed it (did not do bels dailies since a long long time), and still, it did respawn in folowing 20 seconds.

ofcourse grabber is bad guy here, but welcome to the internet.

Well, to be fair to the OP, sometimes you can't. Sometimes, the mob is between you and the "shiny thing" with no way around.

Unless you can stealth, then you have no excuse.

Or you send your companion in to aggro the mob, grab the clicky, then kill the mob. However, it sounds like if the OP had done this he would have wiped since he had to pop his Heroic Moment and still barely survived.

Once I destroyed a box in BH AREA quest like this while some other guy was fighting group of Torvix droids guarding it. I feel horrible since then :(

Hope he reads this and accept my apology.

Edited by zzoorrzz

most things now are clickable during the fight (fixed long time ago, as at first you had to be out of fight to interact with object like chest).

Sometimes the mobs are really big and they block you from clicking Teh Shiney. Mobs in Section X bioform quest come to mind, especially the ones that stun and knockback.

How to PvE:

1) Click objectives/loot items.

2) Kill MOBs.

Yes, it's annoying and there are a lot of people who do this kind of stuff. That said, it's an MMO. First come, first served. That shiny doesn't belong to you, it belongs to the player who gets there first.

It's a game. And more than that, it's an MMO. Experienced MMO' ers are only going to laugh at you if you get upset cause someone pipped you to the clicky:)

What the guy said; Always hit the clicky before the mobs!

A lot of players (not me ofc) are only going to be to pleased to beat you to the clicky and laugh at you as a noob for not getting it first.

You've got to see the funny side:)

It's a game. And more than that, it's an MMO. Experienced MMO' ers are only going to laugh at you if you get upset cause someone pipped you to the clicky:)

I'm an "experienced MMO'er", and I still think it's really crappy behavior.

Still, it's better now than it was before. Just run up to it before you do anything else and click it. Even better, I'm pretty sure you can do that to everything now. I remember I couldn't do it to chests previously, but now I can! No more grinding my teeth when some jerk takes something I was obviously fighting for.

It can be frustrating but I have learned not to get upset. I have found a better way to handle it. I add them to a list and not group with them on heroics or flashpoints and as a guild leader I make sure my guild knows and we add them to a list not to invite if we need an extra person to a flashpoint and neither will I allow them to join the guild.

My thought is if they do this they will not be the type you really want to run with in heroics and flashpoints or respectful guild members.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

How to PvE:

1) Click objectives/loot items.

2) Kill MOBs.

Yes, it's annoying and there are a lot of people who do this kind of stuff. That said, it's an MMO. First come, first served. That shiny doesn't belong to you, it belongs to the player who gets there first.

Except if there is an Elite guarding it and to get your prize you have to kill the Elite.

As a rule of thumb, if I see someone fighting by a chest/objective/resource, I assume they are fighting the mob to get to it. I could be a *jerk* and ninja their loot or I can be considerate and move on the next spot that has what I'm looking for.

Nothing is worse then seeing a resource you need being guarded by an Elite that you engage and seeing someone run up and begin looting your resource. When that happens I will right click on their portrait, request a duel and proceed to have them pay for it with a quick stomping. If they decline I will run behind them stealing their loot and kills lol.

If the fight was going to be that close then its likely the boss would just whale you and your companion while you get the box without you getting any hits in so its likely that although he might have got the shiny thing he would be doing it as a suisidal charge as he would not survive the battle.

tbh what I always do is I would rather rush in there grab the container and take the possible death as opposed to not being able to loot said container because someone else snags it during a fight

There is no question that the OP could/should have grabbed the shiny right off the bat. However, that does not negate the fact that there are jackwagons in the game who could do better by showing more courtesy than being an @sshat hiding behind their internet connection. Edited by TheBBP

Except if there is an Elite guarding it and to get your prize you have to kill the Elite.

As a rule of thumb, if I see someone fighting by a chest/objective/resource, I assume they are fighting the mob to get to it. I could be a *jerk* and ninja their loot or I can be considerate and move on the next spot that has what I'm looking for.

Nothing is worse then seeing a resource you need being guarded by an Elite that you engage and seeing someone run up and begin looting your resource. When that happens I will right click on their portrait, request a duel and proceed to have them pay for it with a quick stomping. If they decline I will run behind them stealing their loot and kills lol.

again, click it first, get resource and then proceed killing elite.. you can stun, mez, kb (or if you don't have those, use def cool down if he hurts you so much).. jerks will be found every were. in life (there always be some one cutting of lanes), learn to deal with them.

following works, it's quite amusing if you play stealth classes (but if you do stealth, you can mezz)