The Scourge Return Thread

Lunafox

I thought about posting in the 'Kira' thread, but I don't want to give Charles and the devs and whoever the impression that Scourge is somehow any less than Kira. He is not less and deserves to be brought back in a proper fashion.

Charles was vacillating between proper story and some crappy shared alliance alert on the Twitch cast this evening. I recall him saying before whether it was here or on Twitter, I can't quite recall; but that they deserved and were probably going to get a more meaty story that helped to define the story in the 6.0 update.

I had the impression that Scourge and Kira were off doing something important, not only to help destroy Valkorian and his ilk, but that the mission would also include a way for Scourge to become a romance, because that has been requested for YEARS and hundreds of fans with many, many threads.

There is a prime opportunity here to do something special with Scourge; given the freedom he must feel now from being out from under the Emperor's alchemy/Force power what-have-you. It could be a brilliant and breathtaking story, and a wonderful reunion with the Jedi Knight, especially one that would be favorable to romancing him.

I for one am willing to wait a bit longer, to have him properly returned and not just as an after thought shoved in after the female companion romance (Kira) kind of like Doc was. Doc barely got to speak during the story, it was all Nadia and new characters for the most part. Shared returns like Corso's among others were bad. No one got satisfaction from their companion toon.

The studio has shoved Scourge aside and ignored his importance to the story one too many times. No lines at the Foundry thing where there is Revan; No special lines during Shadow of Revan, especially when he is standing right there ready to fight the Emperor. No special lines on Ziost. No special mentions or dialogues about him in KOTFEET either.

Now is the time to make up for that in spades. I'm sorry, if it doesn't happen, that he is given a proper, lengthy, important and meaty return, (plus the fact that we won't even get a Theron wedding becuz uh roleplayers; after 7 years of ignoring roleplayers wants, they suddenly matter? It's an excuse to cheap out, lazy out) I'm gone. Some may care, most may not, but that'll be it. Too many times I've been made to feel hopeful and then let down. NO MORE. Do it right, or tell me now, so I can uninstall and leave this, because as much as I love strongholds, if there is no meaningful story and no romance with a companion I've waited for 7 years for, and can't even get a wedding with Theron, well then forget it. Also, Koth mentioned as a person to romantically touch base with, but not Quinn. No mention of Vector either.

Yes, I'm upset, but I'm also deathly calm as I write this. I mean it. Do it right.

DO SCOURGE PROPER JUSTICE.

Edited by Lunafox

They've lost the ideal moment for Scourge and Kira to return IMO. These two characters who were heavily connected to the Emperor and yet were absent during the entirety of KOTFE/ET/FA. What could they do now that would make it worth it?

With Lana's recent line about killing past companions, I dread to take my Knight into FA/Ossus etc ... I want my Knight to side with the Empire but I've got a horrible feeling that'll cost me Kira if I do that. I guess she'll be sitting on Ziost forever!

They've lost the ideal moment for Scourge and Kira to return IMO. These two characters who were heavily connected to the Emperor and yet were absent during the entirety of KOTFE/ET/FA. What could they do now that would make it worth it?

With Lana's recent line about killing past companions, I dread to take my Knight into FA/Ossus etc ... I want my Knight to side with the Empire but I've got a horrible feeling that'll cost me Kira if I do that. I guess she'll be sitting on Ziost forever!

Nothing is lost. Any writer worth their salt can make a great story out of just about anything. There are plenty of stakes and reasons to explain why about all manner of things. They could've started out trying to get an artifact to weaken the emperor. They might have succeeded, or they might've failed and the artifact had unexpected side effects. Maybe Scourge became ill after Doc parted company with them. Maybe she had to find someone to heal him. Maybe she became sick and HE had to find someone to heal HER. Maybe they also found a ritual that would repair Scourge. Maybe they find a copy of the mother machine. Scourge as a romance would be worth it to me.

Who knows, Scourge might've even reached Kira with some of the Sith doctrines and she might be amenable enough to join an Empire favoring toon. She might've grown to be a darker personality in some ways. Time does change people sometimes. There are many paths, the writer just has to be willing to do it.

Edited by Lunafox

Nothing is lost. Any writer worth their salt can make a great story out of just about anything. There are plenty of stakes and reasons to explain why about all manner of things. They could've started out trying to get an artifact to weaken the emperor. They might have succeeded, or they might've failed and the artifact had unexpected side effects. Maybe Scourge became ill after Doc parted company with them. Maybe she had to find someone to heal him. Maybe she became sick and HE had to find someone to heal HER. Maybe they also found a ritual that would repair Scourge. Maybe they find a copy of the mother machine. Scourge as a romance would be worth it to me.

Who knows, Scourge might've even reached Kira with some of the Sith doctrines and she might be amenable enough to join an Empire favoring toon. She might've grown to be a darker personality in some ways. Time does change people sometimes. There are many paths, the writer just has to be willing to do it.

Oh I agree, a bit of imagination and creativity and you can do just about anything.

I would need to replay the Knight story and listen to Hexid and Ranos again, I don't remember much about Scourge. *shakes fist* Other than when he backstabbed the Exile!

Oh I agree, a bit of imagination and creativity and you can do just about anything.

I would need to replay the Knight story and listen to Hexid and Ranos again, I don't remember much about Scourge. *shakes fist* Other than when he backstabbed the Exile!

The Exile was a weak link. Scourge is awesome and to get the whole picture you'd have to read the 'Revan' book by Drew Karpyshyn.

No special lines during Shadow of Revan, especially when he is standing right there ready to fight the Emperor.

This is something i always found ridiculous.

That other companion who had nothing to do with Revan or the Emperor had nothing to say is quite okay but Scourge... Nothing from him upon seeing Revan after betraying him, no reaction from Revan and nothing from Vitiate either, that's just stupid.

And it would make sense for a JK to bring Scourge to fight against Revan, as he's the only one who actually knows him.

The most logical thing to do with him after (i think it was) Ranos said he was looking for a cure to his immortality and Doc saying that he was obsessed with the Emperor would be that he was looking for his original body to find a way to destroy it to help you defeat him once and for all and to free himself from his immortality in the process.

Now why he's not back yet is a mystery... Maybe he wanted to be absolutely sure that Vitiate was gone for good before coming back.

But for me Kira and Scourge are the most important of the vanilla companions, as they're the only ones who are tied to the bigger story and well, my main is my JK, i really wish they could come back in a significant way and be integral part of the story for all my characters rather than come back in a very unsatisfactory 2 min class exclusive AA :(

Doc's return was alright to me, but i'm not his biggest fan, so at least i did not feel like punching him this time, and i really liked that he did not try to flirt with my JK. :o

This actually made me somewhat happy to see him again, like meeting an old friend.

As for Theron, i'd really like to have a proper wedding as well. And more than 3 lines from him next time, because i'm still very salty that he was not allowed to be part of the faction choice at the begining of JUS while he had all rights to be there for my JK who is his lover (and my other pub siding characters as well)

Edited by Goreshaga

Maybe Scourge just crawled in a hole and died, rather than maintain his 700 year life any longer, when he discovered that all the work he did to find and help the one and only Jedi Knight that could kill the Emperor actually failed and all those 700 years were a waste...

I hope that Scourge returns in a major role. Other than Darth Marr, he was my favorite Imperial character.

Heck, he's in my top three characters from either faction.

Personally, I hope that he went off and built his own better version of Korriban, secretly, under the assumption that the Sith Temple would be destroyed by Zakuul, the Republic, or both. When he heard that the Outlander was really our character, he couldn't just abandon his students...

...until the Force Ghost of Darth Marr told him it was time to gather his students and fly to Odessen.

It'll never happen, but I can dream!

Based on the utter sh*te quality of story that we've got since KotFE started (especially that concerning Theron and Malavai), it's pretty clear that SWTOR doesn't have writers of the calibre required to give Kira or Scourge the return story they both deserve - though I suspect Kira will fair better because she's female and one of the Devs PMd a response to me that she was his favourite character. At best we can all expect a class-only alliance alert for all companions that have yet to return (4 years of these companions missing is rubbish in-game it's more like 8-10 years).

What's more worrying is that it appears they have absolutely no idea what they are going to to with regard to future story if that Twitch feedback is correct OR if they have a plan it's not happening this year. This would explain why they are focusing on micro-crap like interface-preview-window-tweaks/building blocks/guild stuff and calling it content.

SWTOR has rapidly lost my interest over the last year, so much so that I'm re-installing WoW right now and giving their free returners weekend a try (and all WoW's content that I played after Wrath right up to WoD was dire :eek: )

Based on the stream and what's been said, they pretty much confirm that the expansion is going to be announce at celebration, now the release date hopefully be known in celebration. I have to disagree with you on some thing like Kotfe I like it more then past stories but that just matter of taste.

But I really disagree with the preview window being useless I disagree, I think it is important for the game to have a working preview window, since the one we have is pretty much broken for both the armor and the deco preview, and does not work half the time. I have no interest in the guild stuff since I am not a leader, however the guild stuff is pretty important for a MMO to have IMO, it should at been launch, it terrible it took years for it to implemented.

Just my opinion I think Charles did want to give scourge and kira a chapter but because they decided to scrap the 16 chapters of season 2 and 3 of kotfe, and realize they couldn't focus on story, they needed to make MMO content to actually survive, with the other MMOs, so they scrap it. From what Charles he does want to give stories and time to the old comp that could die, even for Koth, not really a question on whether they want to. This is just my opinion of course

However Let face it kira and scourge, and others have been in a real life since the class story ended, they because hollow shells. So anything with comp it better then SOR and makeb imo

also legit question, correct me if I am wrong for the WOW free weekend I thought that was 3 hours over the weekend, am I right? I thought I read it was only three hours

Edited by commanderwar

Based on the utter sh*te quality of story that we've got since KotFE started (especially that concerning Theron and Malavai), it's pretty clear that SWTOR doesn't have writers of the calibre required to give Kira or Scourge the return story they both deserve - though I suspect Kira will fair better because she's female and one of the Devs PMd a response to me that she was his favourite character. At best we can all expect a class-only alliance alert for all companions that have yet to return (4 years of these companions missing is rubbish in-game it's more like 8-10 years).

What's more worrying is that it appears they have absolutely no idea what they are going to to with regard to future story if that Twitch feedback is correct OR if they have a plan it's not happening this year. This would explain why they are focusing on micro-crap like interface-preview-window-tweaks/building blocks/guild stuff and calling it content.

I worry about the writers playing favorites again too. I always seem to be on the losing side when they do :mad: I really don't get the Kira love. For me she's middle of the pack. Not annoying, but not a stand out either. I also think people greatly inflate her importance to the story. She was one of dozens of children of the Emperor, and not even his #1 child. I don't recall her getting any particular insight into his mind either, though since her story didn't grip me I'm fuzzy on the details.

I'm also rather surprised and dismayed that the writers don't seem to have firmer plans for what they are going to do with the companion stories and the story as a whole. I would have expected that to have been worked out long ago, yet they seem to be flying by the seat of their pants.

At this point I just wish they'd fix Scourge's body texture, and Vector's at the same time. It's ridiculous to have such a glaring bug last for 5 years! (How Vector can return with lips that don't move and no more area comments yet still retain the body skin bug baffles me. )

As for returning class only alert companions on the terminal, Eric said he'd bring the idea up long ago, but we've never heard back. I wish they would! I want every companion on every character so I can properly use them as stronghold decorations. The holo state really messes with my decorating.

also legit question, correct me if I am wrong for the WOW free weekend I thought that was 3 hours over the weekend, am I right? I thought I read it was only three hours

Off topic (sorry Luna) it is for the whole weekend with Legion for free. The latest expansion - Battle for Azeroth - allows you to play it until you complete up to the end of what is effectively the first act or 3 hours whichever is sooner. You can play everything else until midnight on 24th. The cut scene animation for NPCs in the new wow expansion is just awful. We played because FREE. And for curiosity - I'd forgotten how much time I spent in that game but I won't be parting with any money for wow's latest expansion - swtor keeps me subbing for now. Looking forward to wow classic though :)

But I really disagree with the preview window being useless I disagree, I think it is important for the game to have a working preview window, since the one we have is pretty much broken for both the armor and the deco preview, and does not work half the time. I have no interest in the guild stuff since I am not a leader, however the guild stuff is pretty important for a MMO to have IMO, it should at been launch, it terrible it took years for it to implemented.

This would explain why they are focusing on micro-crap like interface-preview-window-tweaks/building blocks/guild stuff and calling it content.

I stand by my micro-crap comment. Its little stuff that's necessary not cause for big announcements and celebration. The window should have been fixed years ago. I'd like to see some meaningful story for my sub. There is very little to do and I am starting to wonder if I should unsub and stop playing (f2p is pointless for me - tried it lasted 30 mins) as nothing upcoming is content for my enjoyment, just fixes of things that have been long broken and/or long overdue an overhaul.

If they announce an expansion or some useful story content at the celebration that will be excellent but I am not holding my breath.

My own opinion(s)

1. I don't care that much for Scourge. I know the part he plays ... and I get it. He's a tad too dark for my personal taste. But for a lot of folks that fits for them. And that's ok .. Maybe if the next phase of the story unfolds a little better ... maybe. I'll take a wait and see before passing a final judgement.

2. Kira: IMHO one of my favorites in the entire group for light side. There are a couple that are OK .. but especially since Kira came from such a rough back ground and turned her life around. Just that alone really was a good part of the story (in my opinion).

3. There are 3 or 4 other new companions that we picked up from the "cross over" that I really liked.... but that's for another thread later on perhaps.

My own opinion(s)

1. I don't care that much for Scourge. I know the part he plays ... and I get it. He's a tad too dark for my personal taste. But for a lot of folks that fits for them. And that's ok .. Maybe if the next phase of the story unfolds a little better ... maybe. I'll take a wait and see before passing a final judgement.

2. Kira: IMHO one of my favorites in the entire group for light side. There are a couple that are OK .. but especially since Kira came from such a rough back ground and turned her life around. Just that alone really was a good part of the story (in my opinion).

3. There are 3 or 4 other new companions that we picked up from the "cross over" that I really liked.... but that's for another thread later on perhaps.

1) I play DS toons, so he suits me and he's been a favorite of mine since the beginning and many others favorite too. A romance with him was one of, if not the most requested, ever since the beginning of the game. Scourge's story was amazing, but the flaw is that I guess not everyone read Revan, so many don't know, unless they're really fans of his.

2) See, to me, Kira is just ok. I don't play a lot of LS toons, and as I said in another thread, she's just an average girl to me, designed as a snappy sidekick to keep her male counterpart on his toes. Not really my cuppa.

3) I can't really think of anyone this instance that I liked that I got from another class, but as you say, that's a thread for another time.

Off topic (sorry Luna)[/Quote] No worries at all. :)
Edited by Lunafox

1) I play DS toons, so he suits me and he's been a favorite of mine since the beginning and many others favorite too. A romance with him was one of, if not the most requested, ever since the beginning of the game. Scourge's story was amazing, but the flaw is that I guess not everyone read Revan, so many don't know, unless they're really fans of his.

2) See, to me, Kira is just ok. I don't play a lot of LS toons, and as I said in another thread, she's just an average girl to me, designed as a snappy sidekick to keep her male counterpart on his toes. Not really my cuppa.

3) I can't really think of anyone this instance that I liked that I got from another class, but as you say, that's a thread for another time.

I agree that there's some interesting stuff with Scourge... perhaps I would better understand it if a little more were developed earlier on. And for DS players I could definately see where this charactor would fit.

In either case I hope that more time is spent with companion interaction... not just the first few days or weeks... but even months down the road there is a freshness that interaction. It really does help keep the game a shot in the arm from time to time (so to speak)

I'll probe your mind :) What awesome ideas do you have?!

As to where Scourge and Kira are and what they're doing that would keep them away and/or how Scourge might regain his emotions and feeling?

1) Mother machine to return/rebuild Scourge to normal, like I did in my fiction.

2) While apart from the JK for years, maybe Scourge started to feel things, because the Emperor's hold was getting to be less, owing to him being dead and living within the JK Commander and the JK wearing him down.

3) Maybe Scourge went back to the site where he was made immortal by the Emperor. Maybe they reverse engineered the Sith alchemy that turned him immortal.

4) Maybe they came across old Sith teachings of a way to cure immortality, by which Scourge and Kira decide to strip the Emperor of his and kill him, or help the commander kill him...and the side effect is Scourge loses his immortality.

5)Maybe, seeing as this game loves Revan so darn much, Scourge remembers a story from Revan cause they used to talk all the time and goes to act on that story...maybe the Gree have tech to fix Scourge up and or kill the Emperor. They go to the Gree.

6) Maybe they wanted the 'seed' that Revan had on NarShadaa that would grow machines and other things to sustain and encourage life and went to try and get one there, or steal it from the Empire's secret vault.

7)Maybe Scourge had a vision, or Revan came to him in a vision, seeing as he was all goodness and light by the end of SoR and decided to help Scourge. Maybe recovering from that took time and Kira was helping.

8)Maybe an artifact in the Emperor's vault could help him, you know the one curated by Acina at one time...go there and get the thing.

9) While travelling to find the JK they get sucked into a wormhole and get beamed across space where some sort of funky aliens run into them and help them or; imprison them; and while they're there, they learn the secrets of these people which happen to be regeneration.

10) Maybe Scourge learns of Spicy Malora's or her master's experiments and decides they have nothing to lose and decide to superimpose tukata dna onto Scourge's to make him spontaneously regenerate nerve endings and emotions etc.

11)Maybe Kira remembers some Jedi teaching from someplace that if they meditate on some sacred orb that the Force would drive out and undo the Sith Alchemy from Scourge.

12) Maybe they learn of some super ancient Sith Guru, who was one of the first dark Jedi that became the Sith, or the ones that created the red skinned sith from the Massassi and seek him out to get help to reverse what was done.

13) They try and raise some ancient ghoul Sith lord, council member person who is super awesome and for a trade, they would heal Scourge, like say, letting them ride around in his mind like they did with SI.

14)Or Scourge might have decided to give up once the Emperor is dead and some ghost possesses him, but he fights back, drives out the spirit, but discovers it left its feelings and passion behind.

Honestly, I could go on forever, my gods, pick one. Ask for more lol. This is all stuff I came up with on the fly. And I also rather liked Xina_La's idea about them teaching others a combined method of Sith and Jedi teachings, like Satele and Marr had discovered, as they were pushing that a more neutral or grey approach is the way to go. I'm sure everyone here has no shortage of ideas on a cool way to bring Scourge and Kira back, return Scourge's ability to feel etc and when he does, his thoughts are on his Jedi Knight.

Hell, they could even let Scourge join a smuggler/BH/spy commander, if they put the right spin on it, like, he has so much wisdom that would be of use to the alliance or their power base and seeing as he is not welcome at home or with the Jedi, voila, he can chill with alliance or commander's power base. Saying he wouldn't or there was no way to twist that pretzel is being lazy and dismissive.

Edited by Lunafox

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree about the favoritism then, because I see fewer female LI companions get bricked or marked with death. I think so far only Kaliyo and Vette? The vast majority of male LI companions are marked with death: Theron, Quinn, Torian, Arik, Koth, Arcann etc. When the writers start bricking off all the male LIs, and the female LIs get to live, well, I'd say there is favoritism, yeah. I see you remember the same cantina/twitch instance that I do, where it was said Scourge was pretty much a shoo-in for romance.

As far as I'm concerned, WoW was never good. Pfft, don't care who runs it. It's boring AF, but have fun, I'm sure there are millions who think it's marvelous over me who doesn't.

Like you said folks are different. I play pretty much DS characters (I've only played the LS to see how the other half live and it's dull, so I play DS) so for my tastes, Scourge suits me better. Kira to me is just another in a long line sarcastic snippy girls, designed to give their male counterpart a hard time because it's 'cute.' Pfft. Sorry. I hope we all get who we want and in satisfying ways for our story and play style.

Indeed also just to be clear I not going to WOW I get no enjoyment over the game anymore, I always disliked the that style of story were to get the stories you have to read, I found that boring.

Last thing I forgot to comment earlier I actually did enjoy the monthly chapters and part of me kind of hoped that BW would ignore the Operations, PVP players (despite me liking that content), and continue what they were doing with the chapters. Don't get me wrong I understand players wanted that PVE/PVP content and it's a MMO and all, pretty much requires to add those types of content but I enjoy kotfe and kotet storylines, that I wanted them to continue. I understand why they had to stop

Edited by commanderwar

Scourge should have returned before the Emperor was defeated the last time.

He stated that the only reason for him being with the JK was to defeat the Emperor.

He would have never given up on that. He could have come back as an attack against the Commander because he could feel the emperor inside them.

As far as now, no reason for him to really come back and like Nathema returning to life so too could Scourge regain his ability to feel.

Nadia getting more time on Ossus, yup. Was it balanced? I think so, as she was one of the leaders and Doc was Doc. Doc not hitting on my character was actually odd. Kira should also have come back before the end of Kotfe.

Scourge should have returned before the Emperor was defeated the last time.

He stated that the only reason for him being with the JK was to defeat the Emperor.

He would have never given up on that. He could have come back as an attack against the Commander because he could feel the emperor inside them.

As far as now, no reason for him to really come back and like Nathema returning to life so too could Scourge regain his ability to feel.

Nadia getting more time on Ossus, yup. Was it balanced? I think so, as she was one of the leaders and Doc was Doc. Doc not hitting on my character was actually odd. Kira should also have come back before the end of Kotfe.

I agree totally with Scourge. Even in his still dark demeanor his determinination to defeat the emperor would not have been side tracked. IMHO his turning to a JK for an alliance to do so was something of a forshadowing of the alliance to come ( KotFE and KotET).

Kira.... IMHO ... it's entirely possible that she went to ground like a number of Jedi. With her unique connection to the emperor for her this may have made the best sense. With the final defeat of the emperor she may (or may not) be aware of his demise. Soooo we'll wait and see how this shakes out in the "final return" of the last of our charactors.

I agree totally with Scourge. Even in his still dark demeanor his determinination to defeat the emperor would not have been side tracked. IMHO his turning to a JK for an alliance to do so was something of a forshadowing of the alliance to come ( KotFE and KotET).

Kira.... IMHO ... it's entirely possible that she went to ground like a number of Jedi. With her unique connection to the emperor for her this may have made the best sense. With the final defeat of the emperor she may (or may not) be aware of his demise. Soooo we'll wait and see how this shakes out in the "final return" of the last of our charactors.

I'll agree with they've returned him a heck of a lot sooner, and featured him more prominently in the story. It's not too late, but it's high time they did do right by the character.

Scourge is probably my favorite companion in all the game, but at this point, I don't know if I trust BW to bring him back in a way that can justify his lengthy absence. That ship sailed back with SOR when Scourge should have been involved, and then AGAIN during KOTFE when they had no excuse whatsoever not to include him, the one character whose entire existence was based around eradicating the Emperor.

Returning him through the story also means that any character who wants him must accept that they will lose their current version forever, and be forced to take on a version who's mouth doesn't move, who cant gain affection from any previous content and who will never again comment during your travels.

Sometimes I think I would rather get a alliance alert because then I can CHOOSE which version I want to keep on which characters. If he returns during the story there is no choice...it's like that agreement software companies make you "accept" before you can use their product. Sure, you can hit "cancel" if you don't want to agree to that, but then you can never continue forward in using their product until you do. Same with our characters, who will be forced to never again do new content in the game if they refuse to accept the new Scourge. No new story ever, no new gear, your character would be stuck in a time warp forever.

Not really much a choice is it? So instead of looking forward to Scourge's return, I'm dreading it, because that means saying goodbye to the version I have now, to all the unique customizations that I use on different characters, (which I assume will break when he returns and not be fixed, like we have already seen with other companions) along with everything else that makes him feel like a living, breathing companion to me.

And what of my favorite knight, who is light V but only uses Scourge? In my mind they have a delightful back and forth tension, filled with testing each other's boundaries and learning compromise. (I'd be neutral with her, but we all know that being true neutral is not really supported by game mechanics.) I'm not sure that I can trust that BW won't ruin that for me by making Scourge dark side only or tying him to some choice that wouldn't fit my character.

:(:(:(

Sorry for being such a downer. Scourge is a sore spot for me.

Maybe BW will surprise me with something amazing. We can hope.

I for one am willing to wait a bit longer, to have him properly returned and not just as an after thought shoved in after the female companion romance (Kira) kind of like Doc was. Doc barely got to speak during the story, it was all Nadia and new characters for the most part. Shared returns like Corso's among others were bad. No one got satisfaction from their companion toon.

The studio has shoved Scourge aside and ignored his importance to the story one too many times. No lines at the Foundry thing where there is Revan; No special lines during Shadow of Revan, especially when he is standing right there ready to fight the Emperor. No special lines on Ziost. No special mentions or dialogues about him in KOTFEET either.

Now is the time to make up for that in spades. I'm sorry, if it doesn't happen, that he is given a proper, lengthy, important and meaty return, (plus the fact that we won't even get a Theron wedding becuz uh roleplayers; after 7 years of ignoring roleplayers wants, they suddenly matter?

Scourge had such an intriguing backstory. We got a taste of it during the Knight's storyline, but his character story was detailed very well in the book Revan. I too was shocked that he says literally nothing when you are doing Shadow of Revan or Ziost. I am not sure if the Foundry was to happen before you get Scourge as a companion or maybe about the same time, but it felt strange to hear Revan explain how he was betrayed and Scourge is silently standing behind you. Revan doesn't recognize his betrayer. The Exile doesn't either. Scourge is completely mute from the end of the Knight's storyline.

I like that Doc mentioned Scourge and Kira in his conversation but those two should not have been absent at all during the story of KOFTE/KOTET. When you go to Nathema especially, because Scourge would remember that planet and how he felt when he visited there. I think hearing his input over Arcann would have been better. Plus if Satele and Marr felt the emperor's death, certainly Scourge who played a more vital and closely attached role to the Emperor would have felt it even more so. Clearly by now they would know that the Knight is the Commander of the Alliance. They could search them through the force to know if they were still alive. I mean there are so many possibilities to have brought them back sooner. It is just irritating at the lack of content for a character that was pivotal in the entire storyline.

And yes, we deserve a Theron wedding. Not only that but fix the companion information section to show that Theron was the one who proposed to us. I am still really annoyed with that! Along with destroying Theron's character, another one who had a book and comics written about him. He has been treated poorly too.

Scourge had such an intriguing backstory. We got a taste of it during the Knight's storyline, but his character story was detailed very well in the book Revan. I too was shocked that he says literally nothing when you are doing Shadow of Revan or Ziost. I am not sure if the Foundry was to happen before you get Scourge as a companion or maybe about the same time, but it felt strange to hear Revan explain how he was betrayed and Scourge is silently standing behind you. Revan doesn't recognize his betrayer. The Exile doesn't either. Scourge is completely mute from the end of the Knight's storyline.

I like that Doc mentioned Scourge and Kira in his conversation but those two should not have been absent at all during the story of KOFTE/KOTET. When you go to Nathema especially, because Scourge would remember that planet and how he felt when he visited there. I think hearing his input over Arcann would have been better. Plus if Satele and Marr felt the emperor's death, certainly Scourge who played a more vital and closely attached role to the Emperor would have felt it even more so. Clearly by now they would know that the Knight is the Commander of the Alliance. They could search them through the force to know if they were still alive. I mean there are so many possibilities to have brought them back sooner. It is just irritating at the lack of content for a character that was pivotal in the entire storyline.

And yes, we deserve a Theron wedding. Not only that but fix the companion information section to show that Theron was the one who proposed to us. I am still really annoyed with that! Along with destroying Theron's character, another one who had a book and comics written about him. He has been treated poorly too.

IMHO... for whatever reason (and I'm almost certain that you can trace it back to money).. Companions in general need a lot oc attention. Let's face it they have been a big part of the over all game development. Cutting back on their availability, the amount of interaction we have, the contient of that interaction, the future of any NEW companions that we might encounter and fun that could be experienced is a HUGE MISTAKE and will definately deminish the overall game experience.

I completely agree that Scourge (and for that matter, any companion who has not yet returned) deserves a meaningful return with substance. I felt the incorporation of Nadia and Doc into the Ossus story was much better than the way some previous returns were handled, but it would be nice to see even more.

Exactly, completely agree. I thought it was hilarious that after basically ignoring and treating RPers like they don't matter or exist for 7 years, they choose to use them as the excuse not to have a Theron wedding ceremony on that Twitch with Peter the Selkath...cause y'know, it might hurt what they're rping. What a load.

I completely agree that Scourge (and for that matter, any companion who has not yet returned) deserves a meaningful return with substance. I felt the incorporation of Nadia and Doc into the Ossus story was much better than the way some previous returns were handled, but it would be nice to see even more.

Thanks for the support PiiTarr. I agree with you, and I did think Nadia and Doc's return was one of the better ones. Let's hope no Ewoks get hurt or mishandled. How they deal with Scourge's return is everything. Save the Ewoks lol. ;)

Edited by Lunafox

Quite honestly there is a LOT of information that we need in our companion information list. Decisions of the past, prior to KotFE ... that's been how long ago? Ummm I really didn't write anything down ... sooooo yeah that's going to be a tough one.