Tips for a Shadow play-through?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I've done 3 SI's and one JC before but rarely done the double bladed versions. I briefly tried it (very briefly) on my first JC play-through and couldn't even make it off Tython before I trashed the character and remade him as a sage, The play-style just confused the heck out of me, it was a long time ago but I distinctly remember my main problem being constantly having no force energy left for special attacks in any fight that lasts longer than 10 seconds. Never had that problem with any other class or play-style I've done, I mean I can generate Rage/Energy/Dissipate heat no problem at all but this play-style just dumbfounds me. Any tips for playing it properly would help me a ton. It looks really fun to me and I've been told once you get the hang of it it's awesome.

Well it's a melee class so.. stab things. If mostly playing solo go with one of the DPS specs. Also get used to positionals, a lot of attacks are stronger when done from behind (stealth comes in handy here)

Well it's a melee class so.. stab things. If mostly playing solo go with one of the DPS specs. Also get used to positionals, a lot of attacks are stronger when done from behind (stealth comes in handy here)

Huh, where you hit people actually registers??! Weird. Doesn't with any other class I've played :confused:. Half the time I miss people completely and totally and they still die. And yeah, I am aware it's a stabby class, thanks for pointing that out xD

Huh, where you hit people actually registers??! Weird. Doesn't with any other class I've played :confused:. Half the time I miss people completely and totally and they still die. And yeah, I am aware it's a stabby class, thanks for pointing that out xD

Yeah the agent/smuggler has some backstab skills as well

Must have been a different spec to mine or something I never noticed anyways

Read the tooltips. There aren't many but at least one REQUIRES stealth to be on as well before you can use it. Spike in the case of the hatred assassin, which means the Jedi equivalent will have one like it as well of course.

No spec is better than the other. Each one has it purpose. One tank tree, one spike damage tree, and one tree for sustained damage with dots. I have played all three with my shadow. Currently I am running with the infiltration tree for short fast fights with spike damage.

No spec is better than the other. Each one has it purpose. One tank tree, one spike damage tree, and one tree for sustained damage with dots. I have played all three with my shadow. Currently I am running with the infiltration tree for short fast fights with spike damage.

I know each has their purpose :/ That's why I asked which is best for just straight damage dealing. Obviously I know it's not the tank spec. Usually (in my experience with other classes) one damage spec is always clearly better when there are two available. I think you may have answered my questions anyways by saying infiltration gets you short fast fights. Cos that's exactly what i was looking for :D The spec which will kill fastest.

Each spec lends itself to a different style of hurtage.

Deception is better for single targets, Hatred for AOE. I believe Deception is the top spec though in terms of DPS.

If you whack on DPS gear and go Darkness it's good too.

Somebody else would have to tell you what's better for endgame stuff though. Which is where your choice starts to count.

Each spec lends itself to a different style of hurtage.

Deception is better for single targets, Hatred for AOE. I believe Deception is the top spec though in terms of DPS.

If you whack on DPS gear and go Darkness it's good too.

Somebody else would have to tell you what's better for endgame stuff though. Which is where your choice starts to count.

I'll go for Deception then I guess. It's not an endgame level playthrough I just wanna do the story again lol so it doesn't reeeeeally matter I guess but I hate fights taking ages to finish. I like to move through areas at a quick enough pace

It's in your head, buddy

Sure it is. Not like u just tried to make ME the reason this game has gotten easier. I never even asked for easier. I asked which was best for damage so I can do it quick as possible same way I'd ask no matter what the difficulty. Answer or don't. No need to be that way.

You can use Shadowstrike from any angle now, it just does less damage from the front. But you will get plenty of back strikes if you have your companion in healer mode.

Shadows actually do quite well right now solo because they can do off tank dps, which is a nice mid point when soloing with a companion on heal mode.