Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Hey, me too :) I enjoyed that one more then someone of my age should... MOAR story is always good! And Rebels are not too bad either.

Imagine some SWTOR stuff like that... Will never happen, but more of that short stories devs sometimes post can. It is a great resource saver and gives some insight into what is going on. Anyone have any idea why they are so rare?

Some stories were posted by Courtney Woods when she was working alongside Eric. But then she moved on to become a writer and to other games and since then it became more rare. I think the writers left (is there anyone except Charles still writing for this game?) and no one has time for it anymore.

Thirded^

But shy socially awkward rather than shy lacks confidence? hmmm not sure.

Oh I think he is confident - but romance with the person he froze in carbonite and possibly stabbed? I think he

is more careful with the outlander compared to other persons that might interest him. Which is why I think he gave "hints" in his e-mails but the outlander has to do the first step (flirt).

I'd say lacks confidence! He doesn't appear to be shy when he's in public, but I think when things get *heated* he'd probably stutter and blush.:D

Not sure - I mean I have no problem with that if this will be the case but in general he does strike me as confident. But then of course this does not mean he is confident in all situations.

Do you think he ever had a romance? I mean maybe someone just for a night and some fun or someone more meaningful?

Not sure - I mean I have no problem with that if this will be the case but in general he does strike me as confident. But then of course this does not mean he is confident in all situations.

Do you think he ever had a romance? I mean maybe someone just for a night and some fun or someone more meaningful?

I don't think he had a relationship before, but I can see him having been around some Zakuul knights. Kinda like daddeh.:rak_03::p

I think an actual loving relationship as in starting it, especially if you haven't yet, and considering their history can be quite difficult, rather than a one night stand. But that's just me assuming.:rak_03:

I get the impression too - it really makes me curious about the romance dialog :)

If I had to guess, I would never think that Arcann would be a shy one. But then again, I have been proven wrong on so many occasions.

As for dialog - I am also very curious.

I hope that he will not compare Commander to his brother anymore. It was a great compliment. I think? But... Well, not the thing I would say to someone I am interested in.

Some stories were posted by Courtney Woods when she was working alongside Eric. But then she moved on to become a writer and to other games and since then it became more rare. I think the writers left (is there anyone except Charles still writing for this game?) and no one has time for it anymore.

Oh I think he is confident - but romance with the person he froze in carbonite and possibly stabbed? I think he

is more careful with the outlander compared to other persons that might interest him. Which is why I think he gave "hints" in his e-mails but the outlander has to do the first step (flirt).

Thank you! Well, its a pity, I liked that stories.

I missed all that hints. "You remind me of Thexan." - Ah, I guess he considers my PC a friend.

Edited by RandomName_Ru

Of course she would have gotten bored - but I am do wondering what can keep her interest (except killing people around her).

For me the series showed how much he cared about his men and others - not just Padme and his Jedi career. In the movies I get the impression he is constantly complaining and blaming Obi Wan when something doesn't work as he wants it. But granted, the series has more time to show interaction between him and others.

I guess in AotC I just got insecure teenager vibes, plus if you watch for it he gets dismissed a lot by the others in the movie often unnecessarily (And unusually aggressively for those characters :confused:) it's heavily in the subtext rather than his whining which is explicitly stated, also he has a habit of parroting Palpatine when he's feeling cornered/ threatened/ insecure.

In RotS He is like a severely depressed version of the clone wars Anakin :( Everything is falling apart.

Vaylin embodies restless murderous intent for me.

I guess in AotC I just got insecure teenager vibes, plus if you watch for it he gets dismissed a lot by the others in the movie often unnecessarily (And unusually aggressively for those characters :confused:) it's heavily in the subtext rather than his whining which is explicitly stated, also he has a habit of parroting Palpatine when he's feeling cornered/ threatened/ insecure.

In RotS He is like a severely depressed version of the clone wars Anakin :( Everything is falling apart.

Vaylin embodies restless murderous intent for me.

Oh yes. Then I have seen RotS, I could not understand why Anakin is so upset of not getting a promotion. But after CW? He have been holden back. And he did had reasons to not trust in the wisdom of the Council (esp considering why Asoka left the Order).

Edited by RandomName_Ru

I don't think he lacks confidence, I'de lean more to social difficulty; I've known people like him who come across as arrogant and unapproachable but are actually socially awkward - Ignoring most people and being awful at interacting with the people they actually try with.

I hope that he will not compare Commander to his brother anymore. It was a great compliment. I think? But... Well, not the thing I would say to someone I am interested in.

"You remind me of Thexan." Ah, I guess he considers my PC a friend.

I think that Thexan was one of the few people Arcann was comfortable with, think someone who gets you completely without you having to constantly explain yourself (Especially if I'm right and he has difficulty socially). Why waste effort with others who you always manage to say the wrong thing too, not to mention that Valky tried to keep all his kids Isolated. For him It's probably the highest praise.

Oh yes. Then I have seen RotS, I could not understand why Anakin is so upset of not getting a promotion. But after CW? He have been holden back. And he did had reasons to not trust in the wisdom of the Council (esp considering why Asoka left the Order).

Or how they keep Obi-Wan's "death" in shadows from him in order to keep the mission intact, that widens the edge between him and the Council. I do understand their reasoning, but when you see the hate and anguish in Anakin's eyes during the funeral scene, I feel bad for him.

Or how they keep Obi-Wan's "death" in shadows from him in order to keep the mission intact, that widens the edge between him and the Council. I do understand their reasoning, but when you see the hate and anguish in Anakin's eyes during the funeral scene, I feel bad for him.

The council/Obi wan flagrantly use the attachments Anakin has (And is always being chastised for) to sell the deception... yeah I could not believe that when it happened. Still a bit sore. I understand why...just. Bad Obi wan (If i'm remembering right Mace/the council voice concerns).

For him It's probably the highest praise.

"Arcann and I had conversations without words. We moved in tandem, flowed like water with one mind and purpose."

I think that we can remove "probably" from that one ;)

Now the question is: was Arcann isolated in that 5 years after Valky could not do his "prevent any attachment" thing going?

Where he compares the PC with his brother? I missed this remark.

First he saw his father in PC, now his brother? I'm afraid that for fem-PC this is not a compliment! :(

I guess we'll reach the 1k posts soon and the 40k views. All that Arcann negativity really boosted the activity in this thread.:rak_03:

:):D

Adversity sometimes breeds community -Head tilt- ?.

"Arcann and I had conversations without words. We moved in tandem, flowed like water with one mind and purpose."

I think that we can remove "probably" from that one ;)

Now the question is: was Arcann isolated in that 5 years after Valky could not do his "prevent any attachment" thing going?

His fixation on revenge and lack of outside connections probably maintained it, I don't think Vaylin was any better off on that front. So she couldn't/ wouldn't help there.

Your quote reminded me why I thought Arcann might be socially awkward :)! In his letter when he talks about how you remind him of Thexan he says `You both have a gift for inspiring loyalty` I guess I took that to mean good with people (Implying he didn't consider himself to be- at least by comparison. Maybe he generally left that to Thexan when he was alive?). Along with some familiar behaviours my head decided socially akward :o.

The council/Obi wan flagrantly use the attachments Anakin has (And is always being chastised for) to sell the deception... yeah I could not believe that when it happened. Still a bit sore. I understand why...just. Bad Obi wan (If i'm remembering right Mace/the council voice concerns).

Yeah, you're right about that now that I think it. Obi-Wan says that he does not want Anakin to know in order to make it more believable and keep the mission intact.

I don't think he had a relationship before, but I can see him having been around some Zakuul knights. Kinda like daddeh.:rak_03::p

I think an actual loving relationship as in starting it, especially if you haven't yet, and considering their history can be quite difficult, rather than a one night stand. But that's just me assuming.:rak_03:

Arcann's past is indefinable until we get new stuff but going off of what is seen... I think he consciously chose to cut himself off from the chance a romantic partner would leave him, like Senya left Valk. I think he wold probably avoid anything that could make him a father. And after Thexan I think he was just done with the idea of needing people period until he saw Senya risking her life for them. Think about it, nobody had ever risked anything for him before in his life. Why would anyone raised like him and Vaylin willingly court possible rejection?

Arcann's past is indefinable until we get new stuff but going off of what is seen... I think he consciously chose to cut himself off from the chance a romantic partner would leave him, like Senya left Valk. I think he wold probably avoid anything that could make him a father. And after Thexan I think he was just done with the idea of needing people period until he saw Senya risking her life for them. Think about it, nobody had ever risked anything for him before in his life. Why would anyone raised like him and Vaylin willingly court possible rejection?

I don't know, during his tyrant days, I just don't see him like the kind of person that has those feelings. He wanted to please his father, he didn't seem like someone who was scared of rejection to me, I think it simply just wasn't on his mind at all. Besides, Valkorion would have probably disapproved of it, and as he cared for that, he probably wouldn't really entertain the thought of it. They couldn't even see guards without their armor to avoid them getting attached to them as read in the short story "brothers" I would find it odd if Valk didn't give them a lecture on love.

I do like that even though we all love Arcann, I think we all see him a different way, I remember in the Arcann hate thread, they said that when you all agree there is no discussion to be found, but people have different opinions around here, they just don't revolve around hating said character, so there isn't any hostility around. I think those are the nicest environments to be in. :)

Edited by Eshvara

I don't know, during his tyrant days, I just don't see him like the kind of person that has those feelings. He wanted to please his father, he didn't seem like someone who was scared of rejection to me, I think it simply just wasn't on his mind at all. Besides, Valkorion would have probably disapproved of it, and as he cared for that, he probably wouldn't really entertain the thought of it. They couldn't even see guards without their armor to avoid them getting attached to them as read in the short story "brothers" I would find it odd if Valk didn't give them a lecture on love.

That last bit I find interesting to be a viewpoint as Valkorion, while in our heads, pushes for love. I'm guessing it's a weakness he wished the Outlander to have.

That last bit I find interesting to be a viewpoint as Valkorion, while in our heads, pushes for love. I'm guessing it's a weakness he wished the Outlander to have.

It's kind of funny, but doesn't it depend on the option you take? If you choose to say you love someone to my memory, he says when you separate for long enough, your old love will find another?

Or something along those lines, but when you say love isn't for you, he suddenly says something else.

Edited by Eshvara

It's kind of funny, but doesn't it depend on the option you take? If you choose to say you love someone to my memory, he says when you separate for long enough, your old love will find another?

Or something along those lines, but when you say love isn't for you, he suddenly says something else.

Oh, yeah in some cutscenes. The one I remember really is in the Kaliyo chapter and it wasn't during a cutscene, but while running to the Overwatch building, auto-dialogue while wandering around.

He brings it up a couple of times, some depend on dialogue options, but that one does not.

Edited by Asmodesu

Oh, yeah in some cutscenes. The one I remember really is in the Kaliyo chapter and it wasn't during a cutscene, but while running to the Overwatch building, auto-dialogue while wandering around.

He brings it up a couple of times, some depend on dialogue options, but that one does not.

Ahh, I see! I hope we will find out on his past in terms of relationships. There's a lot I want to know about Arcann.:rak_03:

Ahh, I see! I hope we will find out on his past in terms of relationships. There's a lot I want to know about Arcann.:rak_03:

Same, but it doesn't bother me if I don't learn that specifically. He did want his kids to be utterly alone, they only had each other in the end :(we know a ton about Arcann at least, better then it could have been xD knowing a lot before the romance even has a chance of starting. I'm catching my Agent up through KotFE at the moment, she's slated to see if he fits her.

Same, but it doesn't bother me if I don't learn that specifically. He did want his kids to be utterly alone, they only had each other in the end :(we know a ton about Arcann at least, better then it could have been xD knowing a lot before the romance even has a chance of starting. I'm catching my Agent up through KotFE at the moment, she's slated to see if he fits her.

Yeah, I wouldn't be too fussed either, and I guess there will be so much we'll actually get! So I'm quite curious, did anyone here ever do the DS story, and finish it? I never finished it, I got to chapter 7 and quit. It's too sad!!:mad::(