Tweaks/Updates/Fixes that need Implementation!

Andrew_TS

This is a list of several suggestions that I have for tweaks or even major updates and why it is needed. This list is not in any form of priority.

:hope_07: 1) [uI Tweak] Make the skill error overlay and announcement overlay movable, sizable and able to be disabled.

[Why] Because it currently can cover up vital battle action and can really get in the way. Also, it will allow users to truly customize their UI.

:hope_07: 2) [uI Tweak] Expand the UI scaling bar to allow for up to 200-300% scale.

[Why] Because currently to maximize the scale of the enemy cast bar for example, to make it easy to read what skill is being cast, you have to increase global scale to max and the target cast bar to max. As a result, all other windows such as map, inventory, character, bank, etc. are scaled to big, map especially, and do not have any function to reduce the scale of them.

:hope_07: 3) [uI Tweak] Allow all windows to have scale adjusted, such as map, inventory, character, bank, etc...

[Why] It would allow the user to scale these windows in such a way to view all at once. The user should have the option of manipulating every aspect of the UI.

:hope_07: 4) [uI Tweak] Add individual/group damage/dps, heal/hps, threat/tps bars to the UI and make them movable, sizable, and able to disable. Also, give the user the option to share or not share this information with other players in their group/operation.

[Why] Because it would allow healer and damage players to manage their threat. It would also allow healer and damage to improve and perfect their rotations/priorities. It will allow tanks to know when they are about to lose aggro so they can either taunt or tell the damage to conduct an aggro dump. It, in most cases, removes the need to use 3rd Party parser software such as MOX. There are many, many more uses; to many to list here.

:hope_07: 5) [uI Update] Allow custom UI skins.

[Why] Because players like to completely customize their own game experience.

:hope_07: 6) [Control Update] Allow in-game macros to include mouse-over healing options.

[Why] Because players who do not spend the extra money on hardware/software that can macro are 'sometimes' at a disadvantage to those who do. It would help remove some of the learning curve associated with some more complex rotations/priorities that some classes have. Mouse-over healing makes a healer's already difficult task just a bit easier.

:hope_07: 7) [update] Allow free flow space combat for solo/co-op PvE and solo/co-op PvP.

[Why] Because players want this and have been begging for it since beta.

:hope_07: 8) [update] Add cosmetic and usable ship upgrades and even the ability to purchase a completely different ship at level 50.

[Why] Because players want to be able to completely customize their own experience in this game and this will only add depth to the customized experience.

:hope_07: 9) [Fix] Remove money sinks such as legacy perks cost, mod/enhancement removal cost, high repair cost, and give players a chance to actually have money to spend items for sale on the GTN.

[Why] Many players are lucky to have ~500k at any given time. Being able to save enough money to buy armoring that cost 3mil will be impossible for most players. Also, legacy perks should be just that, perks for leveling your legacy. Cost of legacy perks should reduce in cost for every legacy level ultimately becoming free at max legacy level. Cost of removing mods/enhancements etc. should be significantly reduced, reduced by legacy in some way, or reduced when removing while using a mod table. Repair costs need to be significantly reduced or again, reduced by legacy in some way and/or free when using your own repair droid.

:hope_07: 10) [Fix] Remove time sinks such as travel time when returning to an operation/flashpoint after getting wiped by a boss and trash mobs between bosses in operations/flashpoints.

[Why] Because when grouping with other people, you need to be considerate of everyone's schedule. While bosses can be challenging to many groups, the time it takes to get to the boss between wipes or to get from boss to boss between successes prevent some groups from completing an operation or flashpoint in a single sitting.

:hope_07: 11) [update] Add guild flagships that can access all flashpoints, operations, dailies areas and personal ships from within.

[Why] With everyone consolidated on only a few servers, it would reduce congestion on the fleet. It also can have many additional guild functions that are open for discussion (and have been discussed many times before).

:hope_07: 12) [update] Add Pod-Racing to several planets which utilize the planet's exhaustion areas for the race tracks. With this, allow players to begin building their pod-racer in early levels of the game and that use your character stats to improve different aspects of your pod-racer's abilities. Make each planet's pod-race level bracket equivalent to that planet's level range. Also, have a level 50 bracket for each planet. Include daily and weekly rewards similar to war-zones but for pod-racing.

[Why] Players want a full Star Wars experience to come from this game. Pod-Racing is part of that experience.

[Edit] Added Suggestion:

:hope_07: 13) [update] Add more items to the CE Vendor and Security Key Vendor, then rotate those items out to the general populations as more items are added to the vendors. Basically giving CE Owners first access to new items, then Security Key Holders get it, then everyone else gets it.

[Why] Because CE and Security Key Owners put more money on your pocket and deserve to get something worthwhile for their money. It would also give players a reason to become a CE Owner.

[Edit] Added Fix:

:hope_07: 14) [Fix] Restore support for SLI and Crossfire and balance usage of CPU and GPU.

[Why] Your players want to play without frame-rate problems. Also, a graphics intense game, such as this, should not be pushing my CPU for functions that should rely on my GPU. It is much more difficult (and expensive) to upgrade your CPU than it is to upgrade your GPU.

[Edit] Added Fix:

:hope_07: 15) [Fix] On EC, remove boss abilities that have the capability to one-shot a tank player.

[Why] While boss mechanics can be challenging for some operation groups, having the boss bug and use an ability that was not intended to be used at that time or was not intended to be capable of a one-shot tank player kill is extremely painful. Players have made comment that these bugs are the developers trolling us.

[Edit] Added Suggestion:

:hope_07: 16) [update] Add upcoming content previews in game. IE: Like when Legacy for 1.3 preview was visible in update 1.2. Make an upcoming content tab in legacy or preferences and even allow for in-game voting for which upcoming content players would prefer was a priority over other content.

[Why] This will likely be the best means of communicating with the community. Many players do not read/post on these forums. Most players want to know what to look forward to. Giving players the ability to vote on which update will have priority will give players a sense of control over the future of the game, making them more interested in keeping their subs going. If the developers actually follow through with focusing on desired content, you will build a trust with the community that will keep them coming back for more. EA/BioWare already know what content they want to release (according to an interview at launch, they have enough future content planned to keep players playing for at least 10 years); if you give players the ability to choose which of that content they want first, you will not only keep your current player base, but through reputation, be able to rapidly expand your player base.

[Edit] Added Suggestion:

:hope_07: 17) [update] The ability to wield weapons not native to your class. IE: Using two double bladed sabers as a sentinel, like in the intro movie to the game.

[Why] Because it is cool. Because it would allow for even more customization of a character.

I reserve the right to edit these suggestions and add more suggestions as needed.

Edited by Andrew_TS
Added a fix: 17

Logged in just for this post :D

I agree with you entirely, but personally the top 2 things on my list would be:

1: Stop Que's from auto-resetting your role every time you log in, needs immediate fix.

2: First fix space battles to let us fly our own ships and then use the same system in swoop racing.

Haven't really thought about UI simply because I'm not amused enough ingame to really need to tweek my UI that much.. but yes i agree with those too.

Edited by Daethorz

Logged in just for this post :D

I agree with you entirely, but personally the top 2 things on my list would be:

1: Stop Que's from auto-resetting your role every time you log in, needs immediate fix.

2: First fix space battles to let us fly our own ships and then use the same system in swoop racing.

Haven't really thought about UI simply because I'm not amused enough ingame to really need to tweek my UI that much.. but yes i agree with those too.

Thanks for supporting my post. I agree with your fixes as well, I also like some of what you have suggested on your suggestion list as well. Again, Thanks! :)

MOST of these are pretty good. Some are hard or will take longer to implement (i.e. space combat), they are working on a space expansion.

The only issue I have with things like allowing ANYONE to wield 2 double-bladed lightsabers is that you completely lose any and ALL diversification of the different classes. There are actually very few force users in Star Wars "lore" that have ever used double-bladed sabers. Not to mention, it makes it harder to identify your enemy in PvP. They've already given us the ability to wear almost any armor we want.

Customizing the starships might be my favorite idea. I think that BW SERIOUSLY dropped the ball with "ship functionality". There are 4 rooms on my starship that I don't have ANY reason to enter. Unless one of my companions has a "mission" available. Bedroom? What for? Med Bay? Waste of space. The Cargo bay system should have been tweaked too. Instead of having a small armoire that magically fits EVERYTHING, make it a series of containers like they did in KOTOR. When you want more storage, you buy a new container. It would make the experience feel more "authentic" so to speak. AND FOR GOD'S SAKE LET ME SIT ON THE COUCH! lol

MOST of these are pretty good. Some are hard or will take longer to implement (i.e. space combat), they are working on a space expansion.

The only issue I have with things like allowing ANYONE to wield 2 double-bladed lightsabers is that you completely lose any and ALL diversification of the different classes. There are actually very few force users in Star Wars "lore" that have ever used double-bladed sabers. Not to mention, it makes it harder to identify your enemy in PvP. They've already given us the ability to wear almost any armor we want.

Customizing the starships might be my favorite idea. I think that BW SERIOUSLY dropped the ball with "ship functionality". There are 4 rooms on my starship that I don't have ANY reason to enter. Unless one of my companions has a "mission" available. Bedroom? What for? Med Bay? Waste of space. The Cargo bay system should have been tweaked too. Instead of having a small armoire that magically fits EVERYTHING, make it a series of containers like they did in KOTOR. When you want more storage, you buy a new container. It would make the experience feel more "authentic" so to speak. AND FOR GOD'S SAKE LET ME SIT ON THE COUCH! lol

I agree with Docyrian. Most of your suggestions are fantastic except for the last one -- I agree that it would take away the diversification of the classes.

In regards to the starships... perhaps, even the addition of different star ships that are not class specific? It would, of course, take some time to develop, but I think making these available for purchase (most likely with Cartel Coins) would be great. Although I'd settle for having the Imperial Agent's X70B Phantom on all my characters - that is one good looking spaceship. :)

I got to say i really don't like idea #17. It would be game breaking, and the game would become even more of an arms escalation race so that in order to be competitive in PVP people would gravitate to the most powerful gear or weapon. This happened in SWG back in the early days where EVERYONE had Comp Armor because the protection was so high. We ended up with a game community where everyone looked the same.

I think #17 is a terrible idea from a class balance perspective.

Edited by Tomb-Stone

I think I agree with most of this stuff. My only gripe about your post is too much information all at once.

Some people will get bored and stop reading. Some people will think you are whining because of sheer volume of your post.

I would say break up your ideas into different posts, but thats just me.

I got to say i really don't like idea #17. It would be game breaking, and the game would become even more of an arms escalation race so that in order to be competitive in PVP people would gravitate to the most powerful gear or weapon. This happened in SWG back in the early days where EVERYONE had Comp Armor because the protection was so high. We ended up with a game community where everyone looked the same.

I think #17 is a terrible idea from a class balance perspective.

The idea behind #17 was not to make classes OP, but was to make the visual effect cooler. Examples as follows.

Blaster Classes could carry every type of gun in the game and Jedi Classes could carry any lightsaber or vibro sword/staff in the game in each slot they can have a weapon. The version of the weapon available to the classes would be an empty shell and therefore only as powerful as the modifications put in them. The upgrade is for vanity and visual effect only.

As for class identification. The way they hold the weapon(s) would be a dead giveaway of class. I don't know, maybe a bad idea, but could make it a really hard ability to achieve.

Edited by Andrew_TS

The idea behind #17 was not to make classes OP, but was to make the visual effect cooler. Examples as follows.

Blaster Classes could carry every type of gun in the game and Jedi Classes could carry any lightsaber or vibro sword/staff in the game in each slot they can have a weapon. The version of the weapon available to the classes would be an empty shell and therefore only as powerful as the modifications put in them. The upgrade is for vanity and visual effect only.

As for class identification. The way they hold the weapon(s) would be a dead giveaway of class. I don't know, maybe a bad idea, but could make it a really hard ability to achieve.

This doesn't have to be game breaking. They could just make adaptive weapons like they did with the armor. If a smuggler wanted to rock an assault cannon he would need to get a special adaptive one that woul take the base stats of the strongest weapon he could wield. Interesting idea although if sentinals could run around with 2 double sabers we would have a lot more amputee Jedi running around.

Bonus Fun Fact: I spelled Jedi with a lower case j up there and Firefox corrected it a capital j :D

I agree. All these are great suggestions and should be implemented. Space especially needs a major overhaul. It needs be more "off the rail," allowing up to customize and upgrade our ships the way we want, kind of like SWG had.

Another thing I would suggest is make the PvE servers TRUELY PvE. I don't like the fact that a character that is flagged for PvE can either attack my companion and somehow force my character, who is not flagged for PvP, forced in to a PvP fight. You can still have the war zones and such, but leave the planets strictly for PvE.

Few I agree with for sure. Few I don't. But that's what suggestions are and we're not all going to agree on everything :D

I can't tell you how badly I want my Jedi to own a Operatives ship though. Or my Trooper to own the Jedi's Corvette. But I would agree overall that...we need more ships.

• 3 weeks later...