Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Did everyone just transfer to SF?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Did everyone just transfer to SF?

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
09.13.2018 , 11:55 AM | #1
Seems like player quality on SF has greatly increased this past week. I used to win 75% of my matches, but now I only seem to win if it's Huttball. Am I crazy? Or is this just matchmaking figuring itself out? still


PS - LFG primetime & late night
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

Aeneas_Falco's Avatar


Aeneas_Falco
09.13.2018 , 02:32 PM | #2
You probably just got unlucky with matchmaking and kept getting stuck on the weaker teams.

That said there is something weird going on with the matchmaker. It seems to be stacking a lot of the same classes on only one team for a lot of matches. For example having 4 Operatives in the queue, none of them premading, and all ending up on the same Huttball team.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
09.13.2018 , 03:07 PM | #3
Yesterday there seemed to be a lot of good players on for some reason.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Severith's Avatar


Severith
09.13.2018 , 03:51 PM | #4
I few weeks a ago I was sampling fleet numbers for a couple of days. Near as I can figure, SF has about 2.5 times the pop as SS.

Since what was supposed to be the "West Coast" server isn't on the west coast, it's pointless to be on SS when more people are on the other server. This is going to domino. It probably won't be addressed, since transfers are now 1000cc.

So either spend the couple of hundred bucks transfering all of your toons or wait the year or two until they merge the servers for the final time.

alexsamma's Avatar


alexsamma
09.13.2018 , 04:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Yesterday there seemed to be a lot of good players on for some reason.
Personally felt like I was grouped with/against bots all of yesterday.

Was actually so bored that I guarded a node to see how many 2vs1's I could win on my Lightning sorc.

Kalarie's Avatar


Kalarie
09.13.2018 , 04:38 PM | #6
I can confirm everyone did in fact transfer to SF. I logged into a SS toon and I was the only one on fleet, there were not item posted on the GTN for anything, and the PVP que never popped. I didn't travel to every planet thought. RPing with NPCs got old too fast. Logged over to my SF toons for good.
Astronamer
"Foster" legacy
Astrosquad Guild

taxidermis's Avatar


taxidermis
09.13.2018 , 05:32 PM | #7
Ranked and gsf pop far more on SF. Myself and most of the 50 plp in the group's I play with have all transferred in the past 2 months to SF. Ss isn't dead but it's a lot lower pop
check out my youtube for SWTOR content @Swtor-Nerd Gaming!
Click for 7 day sub and more! link
Swtor-Nerd's Facebook or Twitter!

-Bob-'s Avatar


-Bob-
09.16.2018 , 03:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LinkinPein View Post
Which is why have only ONE east server is needed for a proper SR and GR scene. Not everyone can play on DM due to latency. And SS isn't ''slowly'' dying. It plain died, it doesn't even happen.
That's probably why everyone transferred
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

AndriusAjax's Avatar


AndriusAjax
09.16.2018 , 05:11 PM | #9
Possibly... I definitely have noticed a lot more death-matching than usual. All day today huttballs were pretty much deathmatches, with people openly making jokes about ignoring the ball. And finally I just had a Novarre where neither team sent a person to a node... So I peeled off S and capped both W and E and had a quiet game hovering in the middle. Everyone else had such sexy dps numbers though! My mouth was literally watering over this one mara. Im pretty sure everyone noticed how high his dps was and made a special note to remember his name.
| O N D R | scoundrel | O F F D R | operative
Huttball All-Star | Intergalactic Reg-Star

CrazyScruffy's Avatar


CrazyScruffy
09.16.2018 , 05:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalarie View Post
I can confirm everyone did in fact transfer to SF. I logged into a SS toon and I was the only one on fleet, there were not item posted on the GTN for anything, and the PVP que never popped. I didn't travel to every planet thought. RPing with NPCs got old too fast. Logged over to my SF toons for good.
Im only on SS. it certainly is not that bad, not even that close. While the population has dropped considerably (mostly pub side), it is not anything like you have said.