Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Side Strats Suck

Banderal
09.14.2018 , 09:16 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Get mid, then send reinforcements to "our" side node if it needs it.
Also in CW if you go mid, you can almost always just SEE if the other team is sending a bunch to your side node. I mean, if you see 4 red guys running off to the side, chances are they are not circling around to go under and back to their own side node. So then I can look at the little dots on my minimap and decide if our own side node is going to need help, or if I should die at mid instead.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
This method is straight forward and simple. When you try to get cute with a PUG team, it usually fails.
And that.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

MackPol
09.14.2018 , 10:19 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
Just watch vid. It's actually good. You also get told of the risks of certain plays.

Totemdancer
09.14.2018 , 10:30 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MackPol View Post
Just watch vid. It's actually good. You also get told of the risks of certain plays.
Agreed.

I think the take away for most people is use the mini map, look around and count how many enemy there are and how many friendlies there are and distribute accordingly to give your team an advantage if you can
If you find your team is at a disadvantage, you should be trying to even the numbers if appropriate.
If you donít know what you are doing, then donít try to do radical stuff. If in doubt, push the main node with the majority of the team.

But its a shame most people canít count to 8, let alone 16.

The_X
09.15.2018 , 04:33 AM | #24
Mid is all that matters.

KendraP
09.15.2018 , 04:28 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by The_X View Post
Mid is all that matters.
Good thanks for the win.

Storm-Cutter
09.15.2018 , 05:05 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
The trick is communication let people know before the match starts if you want to try splitting 4 and 4 to each node. Side splits will work if done right, but mostly they work if the 2 (sometimes 3 if you're lucky) guys that go mid can hold off the cap long enough for the sides to be taken. It just sucks big time to be one of the few that go mid.
so many people ignore a plan or don't have one or can't adjust when it doesn't go to plan, that I've pretty much given up suggesting things in the spawn area.

Usual response to any suggestion of a plan is "kill stuff, don't die."

- yeah..... thanks for that.... at my valor rank, It would appear I've played this game a few times in the past and know how it works....
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Totemdancer
09.15.2018 , 05:40 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
- yeah..... thanks for that.... at my valor rank, It would appear I've played this game a few times in the past and know how it works....
It would be good if there was some easy way to visually identify who had high Valor rankings. Maybe then they would listen to more experienced players.
The current titles are pointless because people donít know what they mean.

Kazz_Devlin
09.15.2018 , 07:15 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by BlissDivine View Post
On the maps Alderaan Civil War and Yavin Ruins I see way too many teams starting out using "Side Strats". This is where the team tries to get the two side nodes which are farthest apart.

The average player in regs is not good at rotating to defend the node that's being attacked. They are either too slow to rotate or over-rotate. This is why this strategy usually fails.

Now some players might be thinking, "I've used side strats and won before". . . this is because you had the superior team in damage, heals and rotations. Which means if you have the superior team it would have been easier to win by getting MID and the node where your re-spawn is.

The only time I think Side Strats are valid is if you have multiple stealth.
Your argument is moot you stat the reason for winning was an I quote " this is because you had the superior team in damage, heals and rotations." So it wouldn't make any %^$^% difference on whether you have mid or side if you have the stronger team. That said if your on the weaker team it might lure the stronger team into over extending. Doing side strategy is about capping sides quickly and while the team scrambles to grab one of the sides you go mid once you got mid you hunker down and defend both. It's a viable strategy does it always work no especially with the lame dev's complete and utter ability to balance the %&%^& classes. Most matches are complete jokes 4 mercs n 3 jugs with a couple of snipers and sorc heal etc etc the point is you go with what works. There is no wrong strategy

Kazz_Devlin
09.15.2018 , 07:27 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
I often do that as well, unless a stealth or other teammates are headed that way.

I wouldn't really call that a Side Strategy though. To me a Side Strategy is when your team focuses it's main effort on a side node at start rather than mid. If one or two people go to opposing team's side note at start, mid is still the team's main effort.
I always go side node ( stealth) and now a days the other team usually sends 2-3 to grab a side node. If i can stall 3 (which I have) and allow our team to cap first I can cloak out and let them cap will then 2 of the three go mid and then I solo single guard and cap side node how is this wrong? True, if the person guarding calls inc might get 2 or more coming back to help there team mate but they're also leaving mid!( What really burns my ^$^ is when i pull 4-5 stall for as long as I can and my team STILL can't cap mid. At this point you just realize your on the weaker team and you wouldn't have won any ways.)

Qun-VonS
09.15.2018 , 10:55 PM | #30
Come on now you should know the whole team rushes snow and its an insta win xD
You're mildly angry sith who came to vent on the Forums.