The difference between SS & SF is night and day

TrixxieTriss

The difference between SS & SF pvp is night and day when it comes to attitude and objectives or focusing.

Even with all the crap players around, they are worse on SS than SF.

Doesn’t matter the lvl bracket. LvL 70, Mids, lowbies. People don’t care about trying to win. They all go off and do inconsequential **** that loses us the match.

Trying to get anyone to guard a node or focus a target in arena is neigh impossible. Even the guys who mark the target and say focus them don’t do it. Drives me *********** bonkers losing every match cause of stupidity.

When you call them on it, they try and make out I’m a **** player. Even though I’ve tripled their dps and been all over the focus target and they got globaled by the other team and leave me 3v1.

At least on SF the noobs “try”, emphasise the word try and win (a lot of the time. Especially in arena). They don’t do that on SS. They just rush in die, lose, requeue, lose, requeue, lose. Then they kill the queue cause no one wants to play with them.

I dont even care who they focus, I just wish they’d pick one guy and stick to it.

Add to the stupid match making I’m experiencing and it makes it so much worse.

It seems if there are 5 people in the queue, it will ALWAYS put me on the 2 man team and the other team gets 3. Of course someone might not be accepting pops. But 8 in a row is a bit much to only be that.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between SS & SF pvp is night and day when it comes to attitude and objectives or focusing.

Even with all the crap players around, they are worse on SS than SF.

Doesn’t matter the lvl bracket. LvL 70, Mids, lowbies. People don’t care about trying to win. They all go off and do inconsequential **** that loses us the match.

Trying to get anyone to guard a node or focus a target in arena is neigh impossible. Even the guys who mark the target and say focus them don’t do it. Drives me *********** bonkers losing every match cause of stupidity.

When you call them on it, they try and make out I’m a **** player. Even though I’ve tripled their dps and been all over the focus target and they got globaled by the other team and leave me 3v1.

At least on SF the noobs “try”, emphasise the word try and win (a lot of the time. Especially in arena). They don’t do that on SS. They just rush in die, lose, requeue, lose, requeue, lose. Then they kill the queue cause no one wants to play with them.

I dont even care who they focus, I just wish they’d pick one guy and stick to it.

Add to the stupid match making I’m experiencing and it makes it so much worse.

It seems if there are 5 people in the queue, it will ALWAYS put me on the 2 man team and the other team gets 3. Of course someone might not be accepting pops. But 8 in a row is a bit much to only be that.

Some of them plays PVP since 2011 and are tired of playing objective. this game still lacks a good team deathmatch mode. guess what...the objectives map would be pretty empty then

Some of them plays PVP since 2011 and are tired of playing objective. this game still lacks a good team deathmatch mode. guess what...the objectives map would be pretty empty then

Those players should find another game to play in that case.

Deathmatching I get if you're down 4-0 in Huttball for example, but there are some people who either don't know how to or don't care to play the objectives even when the match has just started. Numbers mean nothing if you end up with a L.

It's also inexcusable on the basis that you don't need to ignore objectives to run up big numbers on most maps.

The increased frequency of number farming/death-matching on some servers might be due to the recent cross faction layout. The players you describe are probably of the mind that winning does not matter as much now due to no single faction being victorious after a match. Ironically the death-match maps (4V4 arena of death and huttball) are the ones which one can observe both teams trying to win. This might not be the sole reason for a marked increase in death-matching and a deliberate neglect for objective based PVP, but it is a possibility.

Having not ever played on Star Forge I cannot really offer much on how the two differ from each other. However on Satele Shan I suspect that the cross faction situation may be a cause for the death-matching you have been witnessing.

Numbers mean nothing if you end up with a L

W’s and L’s mean nothing either. There’s absolutely no incentive to win reg matches other than ego and maybe clearing daily/weekly faster. There’s no rating, no titles, no unique weapons/armor, etc.

Also node guarding is boring and thankless, nobody cares until you mess it up.

W’s and L’s mean nothing either. There’s absolutely no incentive to win reg matches other than ego and maybe clearing daily/weekly faster. There’s no rating, no titles, no unique weapons/armor, etc.

That wins complete dailies and weeklies faster is a tangible benefit.

It certainly counts for more than putting up big numbers in match that was lost because incoming calls weren't answered, for example.

This is why matchmaking is pretty much useless, there is no way to track objectives/non-objective players. Especially in games like Huttball where you can rack up massive objective points by just staying at your goal line and 'defending'.

Not that matchmaking is working even for class balance, my heals got in a game with four other healers on my side. It is not fun trying to dps as a heal spec.

Do what I often do- vote MVP for the node guard, even if they mess up, at least they were trying.

Especially in games like Huttball where you can rack up massive objective points by just staying at your goal line and 'defending'.

You get "defender" objective points for just standing there? I didn't know that.

I know you (used to at least) get defender points for stopping an enemy ball carrier, and the closer they were to the goal the more you got. I backfilled into a match once (so 1 backfill medal), came out of spawn just in time to stop a guy from scoring, who was all alone and in our endzone area (but low on health by then - I think he'd run through the fire). By the time I got the solo-kill medal, and all the objective points for stopping him, I was instantly unbeatable (8 medals). I asked "***" in chat, and someone explained that to me. So I think it's true... I guess or some medal awarding bug. :shrug:

Finishing your weekly faster is the reason to do objectives? That’s weak af. Why would anyone care about the daily or weekly? I have 15000 health pot and adrenals, I’ve been rank 300 forever and max gear forever, I’m max valor, I have 2bn credits. All that and I do enough to finish weekly during the week anyway. Regardless if doing OBJs or not is your thing, it simply cannot be argued that winning a reg warzone has any worth at all.

Finishing your weekly faster is the reason to do objectives? That’s weak af. Why would anyone care about the daily or weekly? I have 15000 health pot and adrenals, I’ve been rank 300 forever and max gear forever, I’m max valor, I have 2bn credits. All that and I do enough to finish weekly during the week anyway. Regardless if doing OBJs or not is your thing, it simply cannot be argued that winning a reg warzone has any worth at all.

Unless of course you arent rank 300, dont have full gear, dont have 2bn credits, and arent max valor of course.

You also do NOT play at Primetime SS either.

Last night was stomping time in the 3 matches I que'd w guildies, but the nights before running WZs were fine. Last nights was just not enough DPS vs a well played team.

Just quit with the comparisons & the constant posting of these style threads.

Nothing is perfect, PvP in this game falls under this same category. Don't like it, then quit. But for all of those who don't like it, there is a plenty that still do.

I don't understand your crusade against PvP now.

I'm not sure which post this is in reply to, but if it was to mine I never said the weekly or daily was the only reason to care about objectives. I care about objectives because I prefer winning to losing, but knocking out the daily or weekly faster is always a nice bonus.

As for why someone may want to complete the dailies or weeklies faster...

Limited time to play

Doing Conquest. The faster I get Conquest points for PVP out of the way the faster I can move onto the next thing, like an Ops group or a HM FP. The faster I get Conquest points done on one character the faster I can get it done on another.

Sometimes I want to PVP more than one character. Getting the weekly or daily done on one frees me up to now play the other(s).

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

That is the honest truth right there. I have spent many a time camped on a node, making call outs, keeping it from getting capped only to get called a bad later because my "numbers" were low.

That is the honest truth right there. I have spent many a time camped on a node, making call outs, keeping it from getting capped only to get called a bad later because my "numbers" were low.

I hate node guarding because unless you are grouped with friends, it is a coin toss on whether or not you'll get prompt - or even any, response to incoming calls. There's no worse feeling in a PUG wz than doing an epic job at holding a node against 3 or 4 incs, maybe even getting a couple solo kills, only to eventually be whittled down to nothing and lose the node because you got no help despite multiple calls.

More often than not when that happens, the lack of response will also be paired with the node your useless team was fighting over not being capped in exchange, despite having a 6 to 4 advantage in numbers. Or if they were defending another node you controlled from incoming, they'll lose it despite having the number advantage.

It's right about that time that I swear never to guard a node again and switch to MM FPs until friends get on.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

There's no worse feeling in a PUG wz than doing an epic job at holding a node against 3 or 4 incs, maybe even getting a couple solo kills, only to eventually be whittled down to nothing and lose the node because you got no help despite multiple calls.

Sure there is a worse feeling. You forgot the part where some idiot then types into chat "***? NO CALL!??". When in fact you called like 4 times. And then you type "scroll up" (or something less polite), and don't even get a "sry, my bad" in return. :mad:

Unless of course you arent rank 300, dont have full gear, dont have 2bn credits, and arent max valor of course.

Great, then you try and win and try to organize the warzone into a team. But don't expect others who have ran 10000 warzones to just fall in line. Killing people in PvP is an acceptable form of participation.

I do OBJs too, simply because I want to win, but what gets me is the goobers who think they can tell other people how they should play. Pay their sub, then we'll talk. Till then, queue up, shut up and play.

Great, then you try and win and try to organize the warzone into a team. But don't expect others who have ran 10000 warzones to just fall in line. Killing people in PvP is an acceptable form of participation.

I do OBJs too, simply because I want to win, but what gets me is the goobers who think they can tell other people how they should play. Pay their sub, then we'll talk. Till then, queue up, shut up and play.

Lol, and once you pay my sub, you can have me shut up when I call you out on crazy statements like "What's the point of trying to win, I already have 10 bazillion wins, so I don't need any more, so obviously everyone else doesn't either". Until you do, shut up and play.

If you can’t play both at the same time, you aren’t a good pvper. It’s not hard. All you have to do is fight at the nodes or play the ball, which means attacking the ball and supporters.

The best pvpers can death match and play the objectives at the same time. Anything else is just an excuse to cover poor skill.

How about more UCs and CXP. Some people prefer to get more of those than less :rolleyes:

Those players should find another game to play in that case.

Deathmatching I get if you're down 4-0 in Huttball for example, but there are some people who either don't know how to or don't care to play the objectives even when the match has just started. Numbers mean nothing if you end up with a L.

It's also inexcusable on the basis that you don't need to ignore objectives to run up big numbers on most maps.

Agreed. Why not go play Overwatch if they just want to death match or queue ranked arena.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You get "defender" objective points for just standing there? I didn't know that.

I know you (used to at least) get defender points for stopping an enemy ball carrier, and the closer they were to the goal the more you got. I backfilled into a match once (so 1 backfill medal), came out of spawn just in time to stop a guy from scoring, who was all alone and in our endzone area (but low on health by then - I think he'd run through the fire). By the time I got the solo-kill medal, and all the objective points for stopping him, I was instantly unbeatable (8 medals). I asked "***" in chat, and someone explained that to me. So I think it's true... I guess or some medal awarding bug. :shrug:

Im pretty sure these changes never made it into 5.9,2. Because I only play the ball, wether it’s passing scoring or supporting and I nearly always have the lowest objective points in Hutt Ball because I did not got a tonne of death match medals.

[*]Adding attacker points for catching a pass from a friendly target:

• Currently the thrower of the Huttball receives 500 points, but not the receiver. We will increase the receiver to gain 250 points.
  • We would also like a touchdown pass to award both players equally (currently the thrower gets 500 more points). Here is what the new breakdown would look like:
    • Thrower: 2750 Attacker Points total
      • 500 Attacker Points from completing pass successfully
      • 2250 Attacker Points for throwing a scoring pass

[*]Receiver: 2750 Attacker Points total

[*]250 Attacker Points from receiving a friendly pass

[*]2500 Attacker Points for possessing the ball for a score

-eric

These objective points or medals do not seem to be happening in Huttball.

An example is I score 6 goals, none of these awarded. Person death matching in the corner and not helping gets 9000+ and I get less than 2000.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Sure there is a worse feeling. You forgot the part where some idiot then types into chat "***? NO CALL!??". When in fact you called like 4 times. And then you type "scroll up" (or something less polite), and don't even get a "sry, my bad" in return. :mad:

Yep, call like 4 times while holding off 4 players for a fairly long time. So long in fact that chat has covered up your 4 calls for help.

Eventually you die and get abused for not calling or you look at the map and see them trying to take the node you don’t have and 6 of them can’t kill 2 guys. So after the enemy take the node from you and all run to back up their other node, your team is all killed and you’ve lost the node and they can’t get one back.

It’s a prime example of death match mentality and pack running. They won’t respond to calls because they are too busy trying to 3 cap, fight in the middle of no where or trying to 6v1 people because it’s too hard for them to defend a node in a 4v4 situation. “Oh my god, I might die”. I better run to that other node because there too many for me to survive.

I see people respawn and run to another node instead of coming back to defend one under attack all because they died and it’s “too hard”... “the nodes lost”... “switch nodes”.

Even though I’m still there, haven’t died the whole time, I’ve been holding up 3 since the start and all I need to hold it for good is 1 or 2 other people.

In other cases I see incoming to a node we hold and peel from the main fight to go back up before the defender even calls inc. Then to my amazement I see our defender run away and let them have it so he doesn’t die or bother calling inc.

Too many death matches are p*****s if they don’t have a numbers advantage. They can’t 1v1 and a lot can’t even 2v1. It’s why a lot run in a pack to hide their own ineptness. Then they point to the scoreboard and it shows they did a heap of dps, so they much be good :rolleyes:.

The amount of times I get told I’m bad because of my lack of dps while guarding :rolleyes: makes me laugh.

It’s really funny when I point out I’ve not died once and the 6 solo kills I got compared to their zero or the fact that I’ve tripled their objective points and topped the medals.

Any noob can death match in a pack or grind against the dps while letting the healers free cast to keep the dps alive for them to get high numbers.

Real pvpers can seperate the pack, play the objectives, kill the healers, get solo kills when needed, defend nodes and still get near top dps, healing, protection, medals, objectives and actually win matches.

Tactics and strategy are too hard for some people :rolleyes:, but they could at least learn and to listen to people who do know them. Instead of running around like sheep or headless chickens.

The problem now is there are too many of these death match noobs about who are loud mouth know it alls. Real objective players with any skill are in the minority and are shouted down or ignored. These death match noobs are training the pvper these days. Noobs breed noobs. It’s why pvp is so bad.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The problem now is there are too many of these death match noobs about who are loud mouth know it alls. Real objective players with any skill are in the minority and are shouted down or ignored. These death match noobs are training the pvper these days. Noobs breed noobs. It’s why pvp is so bad.

And the origin of that is Arena. Imho.