Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The difference between SS & SF is night and day

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The difference between SS & SF is night and day

Wimbleton
08.31.2018 , 02:06 PM | #11
Finishing your weekly faster is the reason to do objectives? Thatís weak af. Why would anyone care about the daily or weekly? I have 15000 health pot and adrenals, Iíve been rank 300 forever and max gear forever, Iím max valor, I have 2bn credits. All that and I do enough to finish weekly during the week anyway. Regardless if doing OBJs or not is your thing, it simply cannot be argued that winning a reg warzone has any worth at all.

LordTurin
08.31.2018 , 03:35 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
Finishing your weekly faster is the reason to do objectives? Thatís weak af. Why would anyone care about the daily or weekly? I have 15000 health pot and adrenals, Iíve been rank 300 forever and max gear forever, Iím max valor, I have 2bn credits. All that and I do enough to finish weekly during the week anyway. Regardless if doing OBJs or not is your thing, it simply cannot be argued that winning a reg warzone has any worth at all.
Unless of course you arent rank 300, dont have full gear, dont have 2bn credits, and arent max valor of course.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

CaptRogue
08.31.2018 , 04:08 PM | #13
You also do NOT play at Primetime SS either.

Last night was stomping time in the 3 matches I que'd w guildies, but the nights before running WZs were fine. Last nights was just not enough DPS vs a well played team.

Just quit with the comparisons & the constant posting of these style threads.
Nothing is perfect, PvP in this game falls under this same category. Don't like it, then quit. But for all of those who don't like it, there is a plenty that still do.
I don't understand your crusade against PvP now.
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

Aeneas_Falco
08.31.2018 , 04:18 PM | #14
I'm not sure which post this is in reply to, but if it was to mine I never said the weekly or daily was the only reason to care about objectives. I care about objectives because I prefer winning to losing, but knocking out the daily or weekly faster is always a nice bonus.

As for why someone may want to complete the dailies or weeklies faster...

Limited time to play

Doing Conquest. The faster I get Conquest points for PVP out of the way the faster I can move onto the next thing, like an Ops group or a HM FP. The faster I get Conquest points done on one character the faster I can get it done on another.

Sometimes I want to PVP more than one character. Getting the weekly or daily done on one frees me up to now play the other(s).

ObscureKnight
08.31.2018 , 04:19 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by VaeVictis View Post
Also node guarding is boring and thankless, nobody cares until you mess it up.
That is the honest truth right there. I have spent many a time camped on a node, making call outs, keeping it from getting capped only to get called a bad later because my "numbers" were low.
Fade - the worthless Sorc
Click here for cookies

Aeneas_Falco
08.31.2018 , 04:25 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ObscureKnight View Post
That is the honest truth right there. I have spent many a time camped on a node, making call outs, keeping it from getting capped only to get called a bad later because my "numbers" were low.
I hate node guarding because unless you are grouped with friends, it is a coin toss on whether or not you'll get prompt - or even any, response to incoming calls. There's no worse feeling in a PUG wz than doing an epic job at holding a node against 3 or 4 incs, maybe even getting a couple solo kills, only to eventually be whittled down to nothing and lose the node because you got no help despite multiple calls.

More often than not when that happens, the lack of response will also be paired with the node your useless team was fighting over not being capped in exchange, despite having a 6 to 4 advantage in numbers. Or if they were defending another node you controlled from incoming, they'll lose it despite having the number advantage.

It's right about that time that I swear never to guard a node again and switch to MM FPs until friends get on.

Banderal
08.31.2018 , 07:13 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
There's no worse feeling in a PUG wz than doing an epic job at holding a node against 3 or 4 incs, maybe even getting a couple solo kills, only to eventually be whittled down to nothing and lose the node because you got no help despite multiple calls.
Sure there is a worse feeling. You forgot the part where some idiot then types into chat "***? NO CALL!??". When in fact you called like 4 times. And then you type "scroll up" (or something less polite), and don't even get a "sry, my bad" in return.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Wimbleton
08.31.2018 , 07:39 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
Unless of course you arent rank 300, dont have full gear, dont have 2bn credits, and arent max valor of course.
Great, then you try and win and try to organize the warzone into a team. But don't expect others who have ran 10000 warzones to just fall in line. Killing people in PvP is an acceptable form of participation.

I do OBJs too, simply because I want to win, but what gets me is the goobers who think they can tell other people how they should play. Pay their sub, then we'll talk. Till then, queue up, shut up and play.

LordTurin
08.31.2018 , 10:13 PM | #19
Great, then you try and win and try to organize the warzone into a team. But don't expect others who have ran 10000 warzones to just fall in line. Killing people in PvP is an acceptable form of participation.

I do OBJs too, simply because I want to win, but what gets me is the goobers who think they can tell other people how they should play. Pay their sub, then we'll talk. Till then, queue up, shut up and play.
Lol, and once you pay my sub, you can have me shut up when I call you out on crazy statements like "What's the point of trying to win, I already have 10 bazillion wins, so I don't need any more, so obviously everyone else doesn't either". Until you do, shut up and play.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

TrixxieTriss
08.31.2018 , 10:18 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ultimarb View Post
Some of them plays PVP since 2011 and are tired of playing objective. this game still lacks a good team deathmatch mode. guess what...the objectives map would be pretty empty then
If you canít play both at the same time, you arenít a good pvper. Itís not hard. All you have to do is fight at the nodes or play the ball, which means attacking the ball and supporters.

The best pvpers can death match and play the objectives at the same time. Anything else is just an excuse to cover poor skill.