I've been wondering about Assassin

Ealaa

Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read my post and answer it.

So, to the point :

I have an Operative, I looove the class. I'm playing concealment so I'm all about backstabbing & dealing huge melee damage, and I've come to a point where I want to create a character with a lightsaber. (I do have a Jedi Sentinel but it's Pub side, bleh)

I'm looking to create an Sith Assassin, but i've been wondering whether it was the good choice, wouldn't be too much alike the operative? Stealth+Stab in the back kinda feeling.

Should I create a sorcerer instead?

What would you suggest I do?

Thanks again for reading, and for your future answer.

PS : Before anybody starts saying "You should've searched blabla, I've been searching for 2h and haven't found anyone asking the question as I do, which means by asking if it is like Operative or not. I've seen a lot of threads asking about the differences between sorc & assasin, I know them now. But I don't know the difference between operative & Assassin. Thank you in advance.

Ok so Deception sin is the hard hitting DPS burst and while you can attack from stealth and escape via stealth that's where the similarity ends. Unlike the stabby mcstab you played where all you have to do is keep your TA up via...... oh it's been a while like three attacks veiled strike, sever tendon, holo traverse i think which then allows you to use laceration etc etc. Which was basically a spam fest of like 3 abilities more or less. For me it was just boring.

Deception rotation is basically you hit the icons that proc or light up. Your opener can be either ball lightning or spike I tend to go with spike, pop recklessness then discharge, reaping strike, voltaic slash which should proc a maul if not already lit up(don't use yet) hit phantom stride removes cool down on recklessness pop that discharge that procs, assassinate, move behind or to the side of target and maul. Might have to throw in a voltaic slash here and there and a saber strike to build up force.

Now Surging Charge (passive) gives a 50% chance to build a static charge every time you do a melee attack when you have 3 then unload your discharge.

Recklessness & Phantom Stride grants 3 static charges from the start

Thrash, lacerate, voltaic slash, assassinate and maul grant induction which reduce force cost of ball lightning. Voltaic slash builds voltage and gives your ball lightning as 50% chance to trigger a discharge off it's normal rate limit. Ball lightning will usually proc reaping strike(if it crits) and maul

When your maul procs (light up) it does 20% more dmg and consumes 75% less force. I could go on but you get the drift. I found it more fun then stabby mcstab but that's just me hope this helps

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Thanks for the answer dude, it helps me grab a better understanding.

Well actually, as I've seen it, as Operative you have to keep up your dot(s) to optimize DPS cuz it increases damage (Thanks to passives making you do more damage to dotted ennemies).

And the rotation is a little bit harder than just three buttons but I do agree there are Two spells that are spammed a bit (Lacerate & Veiled Strike)

So if I get it right, it's not like playing a rogue but more like playing a warrior kind of character.

It would be like Getting those stacks of Static to then inflict burst damage?

Edited by Ealaa

Thanks for the answer dude, it helps me grab a better understanding.

Well actually, as I've seen it, as Operator you have to keep up your dot(s) to optimize DPS cuz it increases damage (Thanks to passives making you do more damage to dotted ennemies).

And the rotation is a little bit harder than just three buttons but I do agree there are Two spells that are spammed a bit (Lacerate & Veiled Strike)

So if I get it right, it's not like playing a rogue but more like playing a warrior kind of character.

It would be like Getting those stacks of Static to then inflict burst damage?

Your right i kinda did over simplify stabby mcstabs and you are correct to optimize your DPS you want to utilize static charges when they hit 3 stacks, not to say you c an't fire off a discharge or that i haven't popped of a discharge with only 1 or two charges (dude was almost dead figured what the hell) still had I waited it would have hit for more, but had i waited I probably would have died. (Fight was that close) Keep in mind Sins rotation is dynamic in flux if your going through your rotation and a OP I win class merc pop's his yellow shield last thing you want to do is fire oif a direct attack so instead lacerate which is an AOE and has added benefit of building voltage. Some times your get screwed been countless times where i'm in my rotation hit ball lightning then OP I win class merc pops his yellow shield it appears to late and wouldn't you know it, it's a dbl proc ball lightning just healed the OP I win class bastard. Also keep in mind these dev's and I use the term loosely give us supposed tools like visual ques to let one know when an ability is activated but then proceed to let said tool be obscured by other visual effects such as Sorc bubble, Heal globe, even their very own blue shield drowns out the yellow one.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

• 3 weeks later...