Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Note on General Performance Issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
A Note on General Performance Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

darksidea
01.31.2012 , 04:54 PM | #501
I'm sorry, but are you guys for real? Why do they post stuff as if we have never gamed online before,, my rig is great, i never lock up or freeze in AOC,WOW,RIFT,EVE,DC universe, nor regular games like Skyrim,Crysis,,, everyone of full bloom,shadow,everything on high,, i also have a CPU/RAM/GPU/ and HDD monitors on at all times and when i drop to 1 frame perhour on illum i look at these monitors and my cpu not even 50% ram around 70%, HDD just simply putting along no issues with my rig whatsoever, and illum is ok even with my group of 20 or more but as soon as just one player from opposing team appears i begin to slow,,,,, in fact i use my slow frame/screen skip to alert me that there is someone from the other team nearby...I love this game and will stick it out, however the frustration is starting to set in, and never hearing a true reason or fix is just adding to it. OK this is my rant. Please do not show me anything that you will be adding to the game until these issues are taking care of.

TJcop
01.31.2012 , 05:06 PM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,
...SNIP!

What stands out to me is that BW is clearly pointing the finger at US as being the cause to all of these issues.

This "guide" tells US how to "fix" things on our end....no mention that the issues people are having could possibly be on their end.

Remember, everytime you point a finger at someone, you have 3 others pointing back at you...

Rogoo
01.31.2012 , 05:08 PM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by EpicLord View Post
It is really disappointing that 2011/2012 MMO title doesn't utilize older multi-core processors. I rarely get no more than 15 fps in ilum during big fights while my qx6800 is only under 30% load and HD5870 gpu sits on 0%. MMO shouldn't really need the latest processors to run smoothly.
Well the trick here is that it does NOT run smoothly even on most recent, beefy processors.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Contagionx
01.31.2012 , 05:31 PM | #504
First of all i wanna say sorry about my english! But i don't understand why this game has soo many problems.

This is my spec, Asus G74SX 3D ready lol - Intel core i7-2670QM 2.20 GHz

16,0 GB RAM - 1TB MEMORY - Nvidia geforce 560M 3Gb...

Can anyone help me with my fps problems ? I have breaks such in low def. or high lol is always the same!

Best regards.
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/1248d0a3651fb123.png

ďArenít you a little short for a stormtrooper?Ē

laserfloyd
01.31.2012 , 05:37 PM | #505
I love this game but the gameplay is laggy/sluggish and just feels like playing in syrup. Still, I play on because I AM having fun. I'd love more responsive gameplay for sure.
Half way between the gutter and the stars

Sir-Coffee
01.31.2012 , 05:38 PM | #506
Is it just me, or is it worse today?

Fatbaldandalone
01.31.2012 , 05:42 PM | #507
Guys, you're forgetting something.

This was a low budget title and the resources for proper engine optimization just weren't available.
Iron citadel
Hans- Bad sage
Windbag- Worse vanguard
Sizequeen- orphaned, abandoned and molested.

Contagionx
01.31.2012 , 05:42 PM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by Fatbaldandalone View Post

This was a low budget title and the resources for proper engine optimization just weren't available.
+1...
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/1248d0a3651fb123.png

ďArenít you a little short for a stormtrooper?Ē

mSum
01.31.2012 , 05:50 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by Fatbaldandalone View Post

+1 from me too....that's funny dude.

mSum
01.31.2012 , 05:51 PM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by Contagionx View Post
First of all i wanna say sorry about my english! But i don't understand why this game has soo many problems.

This is my spec, Asus G74SX 3D ready lol - Intel core i7-2670QM 2.20 GHz

16,0 GB RAM - 1TB MEMORY - Nvidia geforce 560M 3Gb...

Can anyone help me with my fps problems ? I have breaks such in low def. or high lol is always the same!

Best regards.
Oh **** really? I was thinking of buying this laptop next month.