Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Note on General Performance Issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
A Note on General Performance Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Volksworgen
01.30.2012 , 03:37 PM | #11
So among all the games(including MMOs) I have this is the only game that is acting up and these guys are telling us to check this or that? They are just super ignorant about their mistakes and they won't admit it. Their game is gold, it just our systems being ******.

DarthGM
01.30.2012 , 03:38 PM | #12
This...isn't exactly what I was expecting today concerning this topic...

This is more like an explination of technical terms for the Layman, and a re-hash of everything that folks have been trying for the past few weeks.

Quote:

We just finished editing a document that we hope to be able to publish as a forum post here in the CS forums as early as tomorrow.

I can tell you that it's going to be a guide on optimization performance (which includes FPS) for your PCs.
(Emphasis mine)

I can sorta see where you're coming from, yes it's technically a guide to optimizing your performance, but...c'mon, you have to see how this is nothing like we were led to believe. We were expecting things like "open up your .ini file and set these things to Zero" or "have your Graphics Drivers set to X and Y".

This is more like a "Here's how to use the Graphics Setting page in your UI!"

Which really hasn't helped with my FPS at all...
The Order of 66 Master's Council member

Squadron 11-11-11

ohmslaw
01.30.2012 , 03:39 PM | #13
ROFLING that people are shocked that this is useless... Bioware Employees take heed, Polish your Resume's and I might suggest keeping the Word Bioware off it.
The MEDICATION is Strong in This One!

TaylorM
01.30.2012 , 03:40 PM | #14
so...whats the solution to fixing low fps other than stating the obvious?

TheJestersHat
01.30.2012 , 03:41 PM | #15
Now, that i've regained my speech, that's about as useful as a lead freakin' balloon.

Is this it?! The big fix?

Samvan
01.30.2012 , 03:41 PM | #16
Hahahahah I don't know honestly if Bioware is trolling us or what...

Morane
01.30.2012 , 03:42 PM | #17
not sure if serious....

Animisparati
01.30.2012 , 03:42 PM | #18
Quote:
Our data says that, when measured as an average across all players, crashes during SWTOR gameplay are relatively rare. That being said, there might be some users that have the perfect storm of hardware, settings or activities that provoke repeated crashes in a way that we can practically diagnose and fix.
This statement is a little concerning.

Please define "relatively rare" Less than 1%? 10%?
If you cannot give actually percentages, how do you know crashes are relatively rare?

Troese
01.30.2012 , 03:42 PM | #19
Ah nice, thanks BW... Turn Shadows "Off" now the game runs great in Warzones...

*facepalm*

renegadeimp
01.30.2012 , 03:44 PM | #20
IB4 people complain about a bad engine, even though hundreds of thousands of people are playing flawlessly.

Oops. too late.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.