Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Note on General Performance Issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
A Note on General Performance Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Offysmash
02.21.2012 , 06:04 PM | #1001
Customer service on the phone yesterday told me they are aware of it being an issue on thier end (had to pull teeth to get that) but they have no idea how to fix it or even what the problem really is. Also they stated they will most likely not be returning lost time to those who lost it. So in short cancel your subs and wait a few months.. maybe by then there will be some kinda fix to it and if BW is lucky .. there will still be over a million players left.

King_Stinkeye
02.21.2012 , 06:22 PM | #1002
Quote: Originally Posted by Offysmash View Post
Customer service on the phone yesterday told me they are aware of it being an issue on thier end (had to pull teeth to get that) but they have no idea how to fix it or even what the problem really is. Also they stated they will most likely not be returning lost time to those who lost it. So in short cancel your subs and wait a few months.. maybe by then there will be some kinda fix to it and if BW is lucky .. there will still be over a million players left.
Sounds like a grand idea. Cancelaroo.

ZeMomiji
02.21.2012 , 08:11 PM | #1003
Quote: Originally Posted by Offysmash View Post
Now THATS what I was talking to you about on your DCd thread, thats how you do it, well done. I know it may not seem like much, but you did great.

I would really hate the fact that we wouldnt get returned time, but many will have to unsubscribe to come back if there is a fix and if they want to.

fendergibson
02.21.2012 , 09:03 PM | #1004
Bioware, you need to fix your game.

I play Skyrim, crysis, witcher 2, Rift, you name it, completely maxed at 60+ FPS with no slow downs or spikes at all. My system is i7 2600k cpu, nvidia 570, 8gb ram, asus deluxe motherboard++

SWtor on the other hand slows down a lot in pvp, especially ilum where it runs like complete **** at 10 fps during battles when its not spiking/lagging. Another HUGE FLAW, is the constant spikes that your game gives. Everytime quests updates, you open inventory etc, there is HUGE SPIKES.

Playing Ilum right now is nothing but a complete joke, BECAUSE EVERYTIME AN ILUM OBJECTIVE/QUEST UPDATES OR YOU RECIEVE VALOR FROM A KILL THE WHOLE GAME FREEZES FOR 1-2 SECONDS.
WHEN THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME, IT MAKES THE GAME COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE, AND YOU CHARGE MONEY FOR IT.

Fix your game before even more subs cancels once they reach 50 and see how many flaws there are to this game. 200 mill on voiceacting wont help when the game is unplayable on high end systems.

Alisutza
02.21.2012 , 09:18 PM | #1005
One more unsub . For months I have not seen any real improvement or even /care from BW.
RIP TOR; you managed to mess up such a lovely game.

Darksideofearth
02.21.2012 , 09:30 PM | #1006
This game is definitely a great new addition to any MMORPG collection, or any genre for that matter. There are of course as with all other games bugs that will need worked out and continuous support and maintenance. For that the people over at SWTOR are champs. But my one iddy biddy quibble is that since the day I fired the game up and started my alternate life with the force, I haven't been able to get a good angle on my character. What I mean by that is the camera view just doesn't seem to zoom far enough out for me. Perhaps if it only happened in enclosed areas I would just deal with it. But, I truly believe this is effecting my game play and efficiency and I would be eternally grateful if the camera could pan back for a farther view. I understand most of the time a lot of people like to do 1st person. I personally like to see all of the action happening around me and I kind of feel like I'm being robbed of that. So to the makers of such a fine piece of work, keep up the excellent programming, story-boarding, and artwork. But I beg you. "PLEASE LET ME PULL MY CAMERA FARTHER BACK".
Sincerely, SWTOR FAN

ZeMomiji
02.22.2012 , 09:24 AM | #1007
Quote: Originally Posted by Darksideofearth View Post
This game is definitely a great new addition to any MMORPG collection, or any genre for that matter. There are of course as with all other games bugs that will need worked out and continuous support and maintenance. For that the people over at SWTOR are champs. But my one iddy biddy quibble is that since the day I fired the game up and started my alternate life with the force, I haven't been able to get a good angle on my character. What I mean by that is the camera view just doesn't seem to zoom far enough out for me. Perhaps if it only happened in enclosed areas I would just deal with it. But, I truly believe this is effecting my game play and efficiency and I would be eternally grateful if the camera could pan back for a farther view. I understand most of the time a lot of people like to do 1st person. I personally like to see all of the action happening around me and I kind of feel like I'm being robbed of that. So to the makers of such a fine piece of work, keep up the excellent programming, story-boarding, and artwork. But I beg you. "PLEASE LET ME PULL MY CAMERA FARTHER BACK".
Sincerely, SWTOR FAN
^(O,..,O)^

Actually you can, I think its somewhere in the options, cant remember where exactly but its there and it looks awesome, It will be a slider, I would mostly use it on my sniper, you should try it out its awesome.

_Flin_
02.22.2012 , 09:30 AM | #1008
Quote: Originally Posted by Alisutza View Post
For months I have not seen any real improvement or even /care from BW.
The /care part is really the thing that bugs me the most. Not even a "we are aware of the issues and are currently sacrificing chicken to resolve it"

ZeMomiji
02.22.2012 , 09:55 AM | #1009
Quote: Originally Posted by _Flin_ View Post
The /care part is really the thing that bugs me the most. Not even a "we are aware of the issues and are currently sacrificing chicken to resolve it"
Its like you understand me... ^(O,..,O)^

I would be happy if they just posted a single post saying they are aware, would actually make the waiting worth it.

Rikeryo
02.23.2012 , 11:49 AM | #1010
back to sticky so more ppl may have a good laugh!
5% club member