GTN - Can't list all items anymore? MUST search?

Sledgeweb

I've noticed lately on the GTN, I can't just select a category and filters and see all items that result. I HAVE to enter a search term of a few characters and then press SEARCH. The problem with that is, I may not really know what I'm looking for specifically. I might just want to browse all head armor, for example. But, right now, I have to go, and say... type in "helmet" in the search term field, and then I can see all results that match my filters with the word "helmet". But, not all head gear contains the word "helmet". Previously, I could just look at ALL available head gear, and narrow down the results using the filter. Is this a bug? Two major problems with this method 1) I can't necessarily find the best pieces available for my character on the GTN, unless I know exactly what to search for and 2) Some of my stuff may not be selling for these reasons. Seems like a pretty big problem? Any word about this from Bioware? Any workarounds?

Thanks!

All you have to do is select armor, whatever class of armor (lite/med/hvy), and then head in the slot field. The GTN does the quality thing automatically now.

Not sure what your problem is unless one of these selections aren't working for you, then that's a bug.

Edited by DeutschGamer

Hello,

Last week you were required to enter at least 3-letters into the search string field.

But the latest patch (?) fixed this, and you can press search after selecting the main category.

Regards,

A

A recent patch introduced a bug where "ANY" doesn't work anymore. The workaround is to select something other than any. Also you can no longer use a substring to seach by name. It has to be an exact left justified match. It really sucks because you can no longer narrow your search, for example, looking for the suffix "Augmented" Edited by Owsley

All you have to do is select armor, whatever class of armor (lite/med/hvy), and then head in the slot field. The GTN does the quality thing automatically now.

Not sure what your problem is unless one of these selections aren't working for you, then that's a bug.

That definitely doesn't work. It use to be like that, but now I can't even hit the SEARCH button unless I type some characters in the keyword field. The search button is inactive, and then lights up only after entering a few characters in the search field. This is as of yesterday, 5/10/12. I'll try messing with the quality filter, thanks.

That definitely doesn't work. It use to be like that, but now I can't even hit the SEARCH button unless I type some characters in the keyword field. The search button is inactive, and then lights up only after entering a few characters in the search field. This is as of yesterday, 5/10/12. I'll try messing with the quality filter, thanks.

You now must select "quality" for it to work. "Any" doen't work anymore.

I submitted a /bug about 10 minutes after the patch was released.

Edited by Owsley

• 4 months later...

I found that some characters it works for me flawlessly. While on other characters it definitely seems bugged.

No matter how broad I make the search terms, it simple says 'No Results'

I haven't found any commonality on why it works smoothly on some characters and not others.