Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My theory on the Eternal Empire.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
My theory on the Eternal Empire.

Anysao
06.17.2015 , 11:51 AM | #1
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
So it seems the Eternal Empire has actually been hiding out in Wild Space. That seems surprising, since I would've thought Wild Space would be much more traveled than the Rishi Maze. Furthermore, I wish we knew of some other planets that make up this Empire. We only visited Zakuul, so we never got a chance to see just how much territory Arcann holds.

...Also, where were the Shadow of Revan and Ziost references we were told about?

Irregardful, I want to thank everyone who shared this thread with me. It's been great fun conspiring with you all!

First and foremost, I feel I should explain why I created this thread. During the initial hype that came with the announcement of Knights of the Fallen Empire, I made a thread in the General Discussion about where I believed this New Empire was hiding. It later came to me that my theory belonged more in the Story and Lore forum than the General Discussion, so I'm copy-pasting it here.

Sidebar: if there's any issue with having two very similar threads, both created by me, I will request Bioware lock my initial thread.

Spoilers for the Inquisitor story.
Spoiler

And that's where I believe the Eternal Empire is hiding.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

Anysao
06.17.2015 , 11:52 AM | #2
This was the best response on my General Discussion thread. It needed to be quoted here.

Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

Nelfrey
06.17.2015 , 12:45 PM | #3
I'm perfectly willing to accept that. Regardless of what actually happens, I'll bet it has something to do with the Rishi Maze. The SI story on Rishi was my favorite. I'll bet if we did decide to send our fleet there, it alerted the Eternal Emperor of our presence. Crap, I lost a fleet, and also brought therm to my Galaxy...

Nelfrey
06.17.2015 , 01:25 PM | #4
Maybe the source of Valkorion's immortality is the same source your looking for in the SI story on Rishi. If so, I'll need to interrogate him thoroughly...

Anysao
06.17.2015 , 01:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Nelfrey View Post
Maybe the source of Valkorion's immortality is the same source your looking for in the SI story on Rishi.

Preccccccccisely.

Zerak
06.18.2015 , 06:35 AM | #6
Just remembered another thing that may support this.

Spoiler
Zerrak Utharr
The Qorit Network

Amadahy
06.18.2015 , 07:22 AM | #7
Now this is a theory I can support!! Great job, OP!
Alcaeus Legacy
Agent Melena
Harbinger/Shadowlands

RavianGale
06.18.2015 , 07:35 AM | #8
I have another conjuncture. How long would we be frozen in Carbonite? I'm betting about 10 years. In the smuggler story on Rishi, you get to get tickets to a dreadnought that will depart from the greater galaxy for 10 years because that was the Hutt's estimation on when the war will be over.

I'm betting all of the Rishi stories have clues to what is happening next.
((((((((((((((((RAVIANGALE(((((((((((((((((((((([]|||||||o||||||[]

JamagsAwesome
06.18.2015 , 08:43 AM | #9
Might I add something?

Suppose the Inquisitor didn't send the fleet. What happened then? Well, in the Smuggler story on Rishi, you gather tickets to a ship that a Hutt is taking out of the galaxy to get away from the war (You can't use them because they're for ammonia-breathers only). Perhaps that Hutt's Yacht discovered the Eternal Empire. I don't know the Rishi story for Trooper, Agent, Bounty Hunter, or Consular yet. Do those have something that could connect to it?
Star Forge | The Scruffy Legacy
Satele Shan | The Shianna Legacy

ReiKai
06.18.2015 , 09:07 AM | #10
Even without sending a fleet, the moment the Heir of Kallig made contact with the devices on Rishi, a signal was sent. As was said, no further signals or contact had been sent, as if waiting for the correct person to come into contact with them. That happens and the Heir's life is extended by nearly 50yrs. This means that whatever intelligence is working within the Rishi Maze already has confirmation on something that it may be after. So whether or not you send the fleet is irrelevant.

Also, some of the daily quests do have people saying they're sending probes or signals to try and map it the best they can. So really, assuming the Eternal Empire does exist within the Rishi Maze, they're probably already long aware of all that's happening elsewhere in the greater galaxy and were just waiting for something specific to occur.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?