Regarding Changes in WZ matchmaking

Twin

It is hard to say since bolster is currently fubar'd on the PTS really really badly.

Not only that, but I can't get any of my 50s transfered, only my 30s. So I can't even try WH/EWH gear to see what bolster does... I took one of my lowbies straight to 55. I was wearing level 35 legacy gear/mods and I got bolstered (even had some EXP given(267EXP), but maybe that is why 50's won't transfer. I got gear(WH/EWH) equipped that don't translate... Maybe I should extract all I can, sell it all off, copy, then buy it all back? I could do that with one of my 50's and not be too worried about it.

i think what you will find is alot MORE premades now, which is ludicrous. You will find that guilds will now take a 50 or two, and two lowbie members (or alts of guildies), and all you'll see are premades. Just like PVE when higher lvls can join a group to get the group by content quickly and efficiently. Only now BW allows them to do it in a WZ...

Personally, there nothing really wrong with lowbie pvp now. I dont see why they couldnt break it out to:

10-29

30-49

50-54

And have an option that lets people select 'any higher range (but not lower)', so a 23 lvl person could join the 30-49 group if his own queue is slow. Just have to bolster properly depending on queue.

Edited by mulzii

i think what you will find is alot MORE premades now, which is ludicrous. You will find that guilds will now take a 50 or two, and two lowbie members (or alts of guildies), and all you'll see are premades. Just like PVE when higher lvls can join a group to get the group by content quickly and efficiently. Only now BW allows them to do it in a WZ...

Personally, there nothing really wrong with lowbie pvp now. I dont see why they couldnt break it out to:

10-29

30-49

50-54

And have an option that lets people select 'any higher range (but not lower)', so a 23 lvl person could join the 30-49 group if his own queue is slow. Just have to bolster properly depending on queue.

This is the definite solution.

10-29

30-49

50-54

More queues, more chance of people getting stuck for ages waiting for a pop. If it's not nicessary to slice fine, don't do it.

They've got two lowbie brackets instead of one now, and after thinking for a bit I decided the level break probably wasn't too bad. From mid-30s-up toons will mostly have some decent abilites and hopefully the new bolster will even things up. While in lowbie-lowbie they don't have to face anyone with a pile of expertise and loads of top-tier abilites, so a bit easier on total newbies than now.

Edited by Wainamoinen

10-29

30-49

50-54

I think they have the brackets the way they do because when the expansion comes out, the 30-49 bracket is not going to have enough people to make WZs. I'm sure they used the amount of players at a given level data that they have and we do not have to make this decision.

Sure tis gonna suck to get rolled if your a lowbie just getting into the bracket, but almost everyone playing this game that I have met or talked to has at least one lvl50 and I imagine most all of them will be leveling their lvl50 first, be it in PvP or PvE content. I know I plan on leveling my 50's first before I start working on another alt.

Although truthfully it may be kinda fun to leave my full WH Concealment operative stagnant for a couple months until I'm one of the few WH players in the bracket and stomp face for awhile.

The bolster does not bolster down. It just gives less bolster per peice of gear if the gear is over a certain item rating.

Unless they do a really good job with bolstering (not holding my breath) 30-54 is going to be one of the dumbest things in pvp I have seen in over 10 years. My chars are almost all 50 now and so it shouldn't hurt me directly but I almost want to quit just because of how dumb this will be lol.

From what I read, no, you will NOT be downgraded to Recruit. There wasa thread talking about the difference between high end PVE and PVP gear, and the Dev stated that BW wants the hierarchy to go Recruit level -> PVE -> PVP. Recruit gear is gone, and everyone UNDER that level of gear will be bolstered to it.

Which means the WH/EWH will stomp all those who were unable to get there. I also read that WH/EWH will be phased out, which presents a unique dillema.

If one does not buy the expansion, they will stay perpetually at 50. Which means they will be able to stomp this bracket in their maxed EWH/WH forever, never graduating to the 55 tier of new gear. They will be grandfathered in, so to speak.