Feedback/proposition for command system

Eloi_BG

Dear SWTOR team,

I heard you wanted to have player input on the command system and catch up mechanics, well here it is. I wanted to experiment this system before forming my opinion on it, so after one week, here is what I think.

As a player that likes to PVE (from story/solo stuff to Nim ops) and PVP (unranked and ranked), I am happy to have everything count in the same system. It makes a lot of things feel "worth it", which is pretty cool. New crafting system seems pretty good too (mats and schems dropping in PVP and PVP). RNG is a bit annoying, but then again it's ok to not have everything handed to us and make us grind a bit, this is a MMO after all.

So all in all the system would work if this was a single character game. Problem is: it is not... This has never been and will never be a single character game, as your last event (DvL) proved. People have alts, a lot of them. This game has lots of fun classes and we like to play different ones, but right now, the command system kind of counters that. We want to get higher command ranks, but can only play 1 toon in order to do so. Catch up mechanics (like crafting) don't work, as it will take a lot of us weeks/months to get a decent rank on our first toon, and I don't want to only play 1 toon for that long.

My solution (very original I know), make this system legacy. It will still take a (long) while to gear all our alts and will keep us busy, cause RNG and only 1 crate per command level, but at least we won't have to grind from 0 on every toon. This will be a lot more enjoyable for most players. We will be able to continue to play our alts we enjoy and change things up (cause playing the same class all the time can get annoying).

Thanks for reading please take this into consideration

TLDR: Make command system legacy please