"Bounty hunters getting a nerf"

JohnAntilles

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a feeling the guy above thinks electrodart is an interrupt, or jet boost.

Maybe I misunderstand about what an interrupt is... but I normally interrupt castings by using Electrodart, Jet Boost, Rocket Punch (If I have afterburners), and concussion missles...

What's the difference between these abilities and an interrupt?

Maybe I misunderstand about what an interrupt is... but I normally interrupt castings by using Electrodart, Jet Boost, Rocket Punch (If I have afterburners), and concussion missles...

What's the difference between these abilities and an interrupt?

Well, Jet Boost and Rocket Punch don't interrupt, they just delay through a mechanic called "pushback." (You may have specced into something that reduced the pushback you receive while casting Unload and TM.) This is useful, sure, but it's nothing like the interrupts that not only stop my current cast of Tracer Missile but also keep me from casting it at all for the next five seconds.

The two stuns are, well, stuns. Many other classes have interrupts on top of those.

More importantly, when a boss or resolved player is immune to CC and/or knockbacks, you have no interrupt options, even if all your cooldowns are up.

I don't necessarily feel like we need interrupts; I'm just explaining why people want them.

Well, Jet Boost and Rocket Punch don't interrupt, they just delay through a mechanic called "pushback." (You may have specced into something that reduced the pushback you receive while casting Unload and TM.) This is useful, sure, but it's nothing like the interrupts that not only stop my current cast of Tracer Missile but also keep me from casting it at all for the next five seconds.

The two stuns are, well, stuns. Many other classes have interrupts on top of those.

More importantly, when a boss or resolved player is immune to CC and/or knockbacks, you have no interrupt options, even if all your cooldowns are up.

I don't necessarily feel like we need interrupts; I'm just explaining why people want them.

Powertechs have an interrupt, its called Quell(4m range interrupts target for 4 seconds). But having interrupt in the description doesn't mean its actually an interrupt. Who would ever think that. I don't know which advanced class you are talking about but its obviously not the Powertechs. :rolleyes:

Edited by ZoomB

My burning has a 100% chance to apply on an instant hit with no CD.

Right-o.

Like I said before, you should go read up on our basic skills like flame burst for instance before you pretend to know anything about this class.

Quick somebody ask this question!

Keeping my fingers crossed.

you're forgetting something here that your flame burst has low range of what 15m, it costs 16 heat(same cost as cure). so while you're in range you waste 1gcd to get the dot which will be cured in 4.5secs. even then its not guaranteed you'll proc rail shot assuming its not cool down. i play a assault vanguard(mirror to pyro PT), i can tell you the 100% dot is rather weak its not until we use the incendiary missile which is a much better dot. also merc/commando get a aoe dot which is way better then ours combined.

i want to see if they nerf the crap out of kolto shell and the sphere for the sorcerers

people have done nothing but whine about kolto shell with regards to PvP for a while now and personally i find it helpful to put on DPS it doesn't move the tank health all that fast while they are being beat on but apparently it is way too OP for PvP

if they start nerfing as per PvP the community will being to dwindle faster.

you're forgetting something here that your flame burst has low range of what 15m, it costs 16 heat(same cost as cure). so while you're in range you waste 1gcd to get the dot which will be cured in 4.5secs. even then its not guaranteed you'll proc rail shot assuming its not cool down. i play a assault vanguard(mirror to pyro PT), i can tell you the 100% dot is rather weak its not until we use the incendiary missile which is a much better dot. also merc/commando get a aoe dot which is way better then ours combined.

Uh, if it procs, it resets the cooldown? Are you sure you play the same class?

actually though they make very good interrupts

electrodart is a stun

jet boost is a knockback

guess what? every other class has those too, except unlike us, they have an ADDITIONAL INTERRUPT on a short cooldown, like 10 seconds.

I hope you can appreciate the difference.

Not a nerf... it's called balancing... I am always for balancing because I don't feel one class should be a lot better than another. Believe me, I don't want BH getting nerfed because I love the pvp numbers I put up every wz match, but if it means that some of the things I hate get balanced, then so be it!

trouble is it is putting one up and one down and as in EQ WoW and any other game the nerf/buff game never ends.

electrodart is a stun

jet boost is a knockback

guess what? every other class has those too, except unlike us, they have an ADDITIONAL INTERRUPT on a short cooldown, like 10 seconds.

I hope you can appreciate the difference.

i do but the way you said it it sounded like they wouldn't work (ahem some people might believe this and end up annoying themselves and others)

i have also been thinking and i think only melee (aka force user (maybe sorcerer i haven't played one for a while))

i can't remember whether i have one on my merc at all as i am always healing so don't have the time to worry about it.